KOTOR 1, sell or play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

So I was looking around my garage, and found a box full of original Xbox games. Knights Of The Old Republic is one of them and I've heard a lot of great things about this game. Considering the fact that it's a 10 year old game, does it still hold up today? There's certain games that don't age well, just wondering what people think about this one specifically. It is brand new in the box, so I want to know if it's worth a chance. I can sell it on Ebay for quite a good price.

I love the most recent Bioware games, Mass Effect is possibly my favorite game ever, and Dragon Age Origins was amazing. So what do you guys think?

sepatunike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sepatunike
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

wow.. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, i love this game :D. It is not only providing one of the very best interactive Star Wars experiences, but it's tapped into the very soul of the Star Wars universe that drew hundreds of millions of fans to the franchise in the first place.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

Another thing is, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I've been curious about it for a long time. Seems very interesting. Do I need to know anything about Star Wars to enjoy this?

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

@huerito323 said:

Another thing is, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I've been curious about it for a long time. Seems very interesting. Do I need to know anything about Star Wars to enjoy this?

No, not even a little bit. The game takes place thousands of years prior to the event of the films and goes quite in depth with the fiction so it's very easy to follow.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

Kotor 1 is a great game on the Xbox. The PC version provides a much better experience though, especially on KOTOR 2.

khatibi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 khatibi22
Member since 2005 • 7330 Posts

Well Kotor is very much like Mass Effect series (or vice-versa) IMO. If you liked ME you will like Kotor too. The thing is that the graphic was not all that good even for it's time, so if you are not into old school games, it would look kind of ridiculous to you.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

How much can you get for it? If it's a good amount my overall opinion would be that you should sell the Xbox version and buy it for PC as it's super cheap on Steam.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It's a great game worth playing through several times. to me it still holds up well thanks to the great writing and battling. Graphics of course aren't the greatest but everything else more than makes up for it.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

If by brand new you mean a sealed, un-used copy, definitely sell it. You can get 60 - 70 bucks iirc, and you can just use a fraction of that money you'd recieve to get the vastly better PC version, which is on steam.

So yeah, basically two choices. Either sell it, wait a little wile, score 60 bucks. Use 10 bucks to buy the far better PC version and play in HD. You've got the PC version and 50 bucks.

Or open it now, play in 480p.

@huerito323 said:

There's certain games that don't age well

Yeah, the ones that where never good to begin with. :P

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Personally I like to think Mass Effect as an inferior & dumbed down version of KOTOR.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Keep it and buy a used copy to play.

DavidSchmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#12 DavidSchmidt
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

That game is LEGEND... It is one I recommend to everyone.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

You can pick up the PC version for $2.50-5 during sales (such as the upcoming winter sales), so selling the Xbox version might be a decent option.

I mean, I'm a collector who hates the idea of selling anything, but that option makes the most financial sense.