is the wii u even relivent?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

i mean noone i know even liked the system or even owns it

all i ever hear about the wii u i negetive things like *it has no games* or *the graphics on it look like a ps3 game* i rarley ever hear anything positive about it other than the low price

i mean the only people who would even buy the wii u are casuals and kids and i dont even think those types bought it

i mean even the vita is doing better than the wii u because atleast the vita has games people give a crap about and actualy is graphicaly impressive unlike wii u

so does this mean the wii u is irelivent because it seems like barley anyone past the nintendo fanbase really cares about it im not saying that people who bought a wii u are degenerates im just asking a question

is the wii u even relivent?

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

No it has no relevancy at all even in the slightest bit.

1) Much like the wii and 3ds its based purely on a gimmick. A gimmick of a tablet that is behind even 75 dollar tablets found at big lots because its interface is dated like its right out of 1994, its battery life is god awful, it cant even do multi touch inputs, and it serves no purpose other than to just take a simple button press or analog stick movement and map it to a screen you have look away from the tv in order to complete.

2) Its online setup and use is right out of the stone age to the point where even the ps3 and 360 make it look like a joke despite being older systems.

3) Its game library consists of games that were done better on previous generations hardware and ported to the wiiu, franchise titles from Nintendo being jerked off for the 47th time, a bunch of shit shovelware games, and 1 or 2 decent games. Every game on it falls into the category of A) It would have sold better and been better on a 360 or ps3, B) It looks and feels exactly like a wii game, or C) why did they even make this piece of shit?

4) All for a price that is way too high for what it is.

I bought a wiiu at launch and I have regretted it ever since. Ive spent more time playing wii games on it than actual wiiu games. What little sales and praise it has gotten that Ive seen has only come from fanboys who care more about the name on the box than the actual games.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

Hopefully Donkey Kong will be good when it comes out in February.

I'm kinda of more upset that the virtual console selection in the store is so pathetic. It's like Nintendo wants piracy to occur because they don't offer a lot of classic games...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Is this System Wars? Xbox One sucks because it's more of a cable box than a gaming machine. It spies on you while you masterbate and eat Doritos. It only has mindless bro games and only outputs them in 720p.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

It has first party Nintendo games on it, so it'll have Game of the Year nominees and winners just ahout every year. Of course it's still relevant.

I suppose it also goes without saying that it has the best current-gen lineup, and will have some bit hitters out before the other two consoles have their first birthday.

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

just because the main features of a product is not interesting to you, it doesnt mean its a

@Bigboi500 said:

Is this System Wars? Xbox One sucks because it's more of a cable box than a gaming machine. It spies on you while you masterbate and eat Doritos. It only has mindless bro games and only outputs them in 720p.

its not more a cable box then gaming machine, as its main purpose still, i to play games,,

it doesnt spy on you, and 3rdly there are games which output more then 720,

non of what u said had any facts,

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

Wow, the spelling, grammar, syntax, and sentence structure in this thread is AMAZING.

"Relivent" "masterbate" "3rdly" = Western Hemisphere education LOL!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@profanityVP said:

just because the main features of a product is not interesting to you, it doesnt mean its a

@Bigboi500 said:

its not more a cable box then gaming machine, as its main purpose still, i to play games,,

it doesnt spy on you, and 3rdly there are games which output more then 720,

non of what u said had any facts,

Nothing said in this thread has any facts. ecksbawk juan sucks. Thatz a fact!

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

@klonoafanboy122:

No.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Contrary to many, graphical quality depends also on programming and not only on hardware. There are good-looking games on previous platforms (DC, PS2, Wii) and outdated graphics on new ones (including DR3 with 720p on XB1), so it does very much depend on what is made of the resources available.

The Wii U offers some great gameplay options like using the GamePad as secondary device (e.g., for maps, inventory, quickbar) and it is up to game developers to make use of this for their games, while with graphics alone one can probably not score big here.

As regards the Wii U GamePad as such it is a pity that it cannot be used standalone in order to cross-play a game without the main console, like the PS Vita, for instance.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@csward: I'm with you on the VC. I'd buy a Wii U tomorrow if Nintendo did five things: had every game from every gen so far available to buy on the VC, had reasonable prices respective to those gens, had a cloud-based account system instead of hardware, the ability to cross-buy instead of having to rebuy the same game for each system, and made it possible to play all the NES, SNES, and N64 games on my 3DS.

If Nintendo made the Wii U a "uni-retro-gen" system and made it possible for me to play all NES, SNES, and N64 games on the go, then new Wii U games would simply be icing on the cake (and I'd actually have reason to use Street Pass). And, if the prices were right (Nintendo tends to overcharge), I'd double dip on so many games I've already bought that they'd be flooded with cash by not only me but a ton of people. Nintendo has the greatest backlog that gaming has ever seen and they are apathetically sitting on it slowly dripping out a few games here and there. What makes this all the worse is that they KNOW it. Not capitalizing on it is nothing more than gross incompetence.

But unfortunately, Nintendo is run by a bunch of idiots, (led by Iwata), all of which apparently don't like money. Like I said, I'd buy a U tomorrow, first thing if things changed. Nintendo could quickly build an install base while increasing revenue, and hence build momentum while at the same time catching the eye of third parties.

It's just crazy what they're (not) doing. I will never understand this company.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12  Edited By Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

It's only relevant as a platform for Nintendo exclusives. Nobody thinks of it as anything more than that anymore.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#13 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

The Wii U is relevant for Nintendo fans, but it also is important for its place in the history of video game consoles.

Relevant doesn't mean successful.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

@Gargus said:

No it has no relevancy at all even in the slightest bit.

1) Much like the wii and 3ds its based purely on a gimmick. A gimmick of a tablet that is behind even 75 dollar tablets found at big lots because its interface is dated like its right out of 1994, its battery life is god awful, it cant even do multi touch inputs, and it serves no purpose other than to just take a simple button press or analog stick movement and map it to a screen you have look away from the tv in order to complete.

2) Its online setup and use is right out of the stone age to the point where even the ps3 and 360 make it look like a joke despite being older systems.

3) Its game library consists of games that were done better on previous generations hardware and ported to the wiiu, franchise titles from Nintendo being jerked off for the 47th time, a bunch of shit shovelware games, and 1 or 2 decent games. Every game on it falls into the category of A) It would have sold better and been better on a 360 or ps3, B) It looks and feels exactly like a wii game, or C) why did they even make this piece of shit?

4) All for a price that is way too high for what it is.

I bought a wiiu at launch and I have regretted it ever since. Ive spent more time playing wii games on it than actual wiiu games. What little sales and praise it has gotten that Ive seen has only come from fanboys who care more about the name on the box than the actual games.

i think theres 1 wii u game i have some interest in and thats bayonetta 2 but thats only because i enjoyed the first one