Is Target reliable for PS4 pre-order?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I finally decided I would get a PS4 at launch, however Best Buy and Gamestop were sold out of pre-orders. Luckily I found out target would be selling pre-order card, and I was able to get a PS4 pre-order through them, $25 down payment.

I have never pre-ordered anything, let alone a console, at target before. For those that have had experience with Target in the past, how reliable are they for console launches? Would hate to have an issue, since I think the PS4 will be extremely difficuly to get until after Xmas.

The manager I spoke with when I pre-ordered the system said they only got 20 cards in, and once they were gone, that was it. They would not be selling anymore pre-orders for the PS4.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
It sounds like they might only get 20 systems, and thankfully, you're going to get yours - as long as they honor the card - which they should. I remember the PS2 launch night and I was number 40 in line, when it turned out the store only got 24 systems. I ended up finding one for a reasonable-enough price on ebay a couple weeks later that came with a game and some extra accessories.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

I use to preorder games at Target that would come with a $5 giftcard and it was always fine but I just wanted to mention NEVER preorder from Sears/Kmart. Theyll never mail it to you. Never got my Wii U, Resident Evil Revelations, or Pikmin 3. They didnt charge me though so at least I didnt have to deal with that! 

TaciturnBengal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TaciturnBengal
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Target is reliable for reserving videogames systems and games.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

It sounds like they might only get 20 systems, and thankfully, you're going to get yours - as long as they honor the card - which they should. I remember the PS2 launch night and I was number 40 in line, when it turned out the store only got 24 systems. I ended up finding one for a reasonable-enough price on ebay a couple weeks later that came with a game and some extra accessories.Stinger78

ah good times, i sat outside Target for 12 hours on PS2 launch night and they only had 14 units and i ended up getting the last one.

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="Stinger78"]It sounds like they might only get 20 systems, and thankfully, you're going to get yours - as long as they honor the card - which they should. I remember the PS2 launch night and I was number 40 in line, when it turned out the store only got 24 systems. I ended up finding one for a reasonable-enough price on ebay a couple weeks later that came with a game and some extra accessories.Flubbbs

ah good times, i sat outside Target for 12 hours on PS2 launch night and they only had 14 units and i ended up getting the last one.

Ahh the days of waiting in line are probably at an end for me, do most shopping online. And now Amazon and others offer release day delievery. I easily walked into Target and got the original GBA and the Gamecube when they came out but I waited in line all nite for the Wii. The guy even said "we have 31" so wed be telling people to move on as soon as we had 31 in line. Good thing my friend called, he was already #21 at 9pm. 

RavenousBengal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RavenousBengal
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I do not see why not but I plan on waiting to get a PS4.
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Your fine man no worries.