Is Square Enix Trolling us about Final Fantasy VII ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

They trolled everybody when they announced the damn game, so why wouldn't it take them until Spring to release this game? Square Enix sucks.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I do like how the updated PC version was a bigger announcement than what they revealed at PSX, and yet they didn't make a big deal out of it on the PC.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

The fact that people are still denying this and hoping the "real" game is still coming makes the situation that much sadder. :( The remake isn't coming. Move on.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

This is a complete troll by Square Enix.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Man that announcement was such a huge disappointment. Surely both Sony and Square-Enix know how badly people want this game to get a remake treatment. So it boggles my mind how either of them thought that making this kind of announcement at an event celebrating the 20th anniversary for the Playstation and FFVII being one of the most iconic games on that system would be anything but a dissapointment.

Erebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Erebus
Member since 2003 • 1331 Posts

The OP has a point. It's so preposterous that a trailer from a 1997 PSX game could get mixed up in there with a teased Spring 2015 release date. This is especially silly considering an x86 port of the game was already released in 1998.

Or, and this is me getting really dark, Microsoft secured the exclusive publishing rights to the remake and PS4 only gets the old "HD" version. Haha, could you imagine the rage?

...and here is where I really go off the rails: I think if Square Enix were to finally release a proper remake, it would be nearly a decade too late. This should have been remade in 2007-2008, before Final Fantasy was deeply entrenched in the "love it" or "hate it" camps. Personally, I think the game's cultural agnosticism with occasional nods to Japanese culture has long since been replaced by unrelenting, modern Japanese pop-culture.

You may flame on. I would love to hear from people with differing opinions.

In all honesty, I think the reality is they are going to re-release the same game as many times as they can before they even consider a remake.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@RicanV said:

This is a complete troll by Square Enix.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

spring as in April 1st prank. That would be perfect!