Is it wrong apart of me wants to see EA crash and burn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

I know it's wrong because people jobs are at stake and that is wrong to wish on anyone but apart of me wants to see one of EA's franchises fail and fail hard. Particularly the Madden or Fifa series. Ever since the start of the PS3/Xbox360 generation it's almost as if EA has given a lackluster effort on it's titles. The Madden series is the best example I can give because for almost 8 years features have been recycled and touted as new and innovating for the game. Unrealistic physics plague the game and makes the immersion almost none existent. Another thing is there are things that were prevalent in 2004 game (like interactive sidelines, principles and presentation, that 2k & old Madden had). I am fed up with the lack of effort brought on by the many licenses that EA buys that leads to lack of competition.

Another example is Def Jam Icon, with Def Jam fight for NY it was an amazing game that had interesting grappling mechanics and strikes with mixing fighting styles to mold your character. (if your familiar with no WWE Mercy it was kind of like that).There was also deep customization from a lot of urban brands involved at the time (Phat Farm, Ecko, Stacey Adams). It had a great base yet due to not wanting to higher Aki corp engineers to do the game they made Def Jam Icon into a generic fighter with wonky musical mechanics that was all around bad.

There's other examples I can point to but I have a wall of text and I know it's wrong but if they fail maybe it will make EA hungry again to make a great game particularly in sports and be better at launching games for the consumer too (battlefield, Sims and NBA Live or Elite).

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC: lulz thats not a wall of text by forum standards

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yes it wrong ! Now go wash those thoughts from your mind.

Adino86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Adino86
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Greedy gaming industry makes me want to seed. And buy used, always.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC: Def Jam fight for NY was an amazing games, nice call out! I had no idea EA ruined that too. I played def jam DJ, or whatever on the 360 for less than a hour before I returned it. They especially ruined that game. I agree in a sense with you because they have destroyed plenty of games, and even almost went on to destroying mass effect 2, and did destroy dragon age 2. It blows that these big wig companies come in, and dismantle great games. I wish they could be held accountable, and we all just grab a bat, and give it to them, but its against the law. I agree, and I don't think your wrong for feeling that way they crash, and burn the things we love, why can't we do it to them.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I would rather them do a complete upper management overhaul, as well as doing the same to the marketing team. The only things EA needs to do is stop rushing their developers and advertise their games better.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

No it's not wrong, the developers are amazing. THe publisher is awful

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

@medafaded: Yeah my rage for EA gets like that sometimes I jokingly say I'm going to do the ending of fight club to Peter Moore and EA's studios. I use to love Madden but my go to American Football game was always 2k. Since they bought virtually every American football license and 2k is unwilling to make another game with customization and great gameplay (All-Pro Football 2k8) I've sat there for years waiting for EA to get better but it never does. Even with this current Madden I see glaring flaws and legacy issues that destroy the immersion for me in a so-called "Sim" Football game. The argument is similar with PES versus FIFA. In true Football (Soccer) players eyes PES is more Sim but because EA has the rights and license to so many real teams and broadcast networks FIFA is regarded as Sim even though it's animations, principles and controls are a bit wonkier IMO because the real teams are there.

it's frustrates me that it seems EA's biggest supports in sports are the really casual fans who know nothing about the sports other than what they see on TV. It wouldn't irk me if EA wasn't pouting it's chest and calling all of their games "the best simulations" on the market. With the launch failures (Sims, Battlefield, Army Of Two) on games they release are comical and show a real lack of desire and direction in my opinion and is inexcusable from a gaming company as big and powerful as EA. They have so many ungodly resources I don't understand how such a thing could happen other than laziness and a good marketing team that knows it can get the average gaming consumers dollar.

The last examples are NBA Live or Elite and EA's UFC. NBA Live gets handily beat by NBA 2k every year, even though there is no buyout license from 2k everyone perceives 2k has no competition because EA's effort and talent has been that terrible. (In my opinion 2k does major American sports, basketball and football very well and better than EA. If 2k were still allowed to do football one could say the same thing might have happened). With EA's UFC it was a very disrespectful representation of the sport, once again EA pouted it's chest and called this game a Simulation but having actively trained, fight and some level coached in MMA, I can honestly say this game was an arcadey joke compared to it's THQ counterpart (Cain Valequez doing a "showtime kick" really, really? or Jon Jones using a downward crescent kick that Tae Kwon Do practitioners are know for, come on EA). It's lazy and it's false advertising.

I remember EA made some amazing games, that involved depth, skill and knowledge of the game back in the PS2/Xbox era. I don't know where it wrong but it seems that the market that defends their company religiously and buy all of their games are the purely casual (Not trying to insult them but EA knows that that demographic is their biggest cash cow). I just want them to burn, to instill a fire and desire they once had to make great games. I want their upcoming Madden to fail and fail hard but I know despite all of what I say it's only a pipe dream.

P.S.That being said EA did some really good baseball games and I can honestly say their Hockey games are really good. Boxing was good but once again on PS3/Xbox360 their boxing games gameplay wise turned into a disastrous glitch and broken principle mess.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I am not a big fan of valve but I do not wish for those working their to lose there job.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Mass Effect and Dragon Age were my favorite series last gen. EA published both. I hope EA keeps on trucking.