Is it possible to build a game alone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zloof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zloof
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
REPORTFlag Please give me one minute of your time and read what I have to say. A long time ago I began to formulate the idea of a new strategy game based on google maps. one year ago I decided it was time to start working on the game I've always wanted to develop. I start to learn programming in order to succeed and finish my work on the game. And guess what? I finished it a week ago and i called the game Zloof. I wanted to ask you to give my game a chance and try to play it for the first time. www.zloof.net/Eindex.php?turn=318 I would love if everyone would write here what he thought about zloof?
magusat999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 magusat999
Member since 2005 • 881 Posts

Well I checked your game out and I didn't get far before getting stuck. It went to "Choose your location for your city". I picked a location and the spy interface came up. I don't know if I clicked on another city or if those icons are places where you build a city - you need to make that clear. Anyway, I'm stuck in the "Spy" interface and you haven't provided a way to get out of it. Cannot go on from there.

Okay, now here's another thing. I refreshed tohe page and the "name your city" interface came up. My country's name was in the box, but it just tells me that it already exists. There is no option to just continue play! 

Avatar image for zombiewarrior07
zombiewarrior07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 zombiewarrior07
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

Here is a completely shameless promotion of a game I made, if you are interested in having a look. My humble game is called Star Fire, and is a really simple shoot 'em up, set in outer space. PEW! PEW! Here's the link for download:

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/174486-star-fire

I think a lot of gamers have thought at one time or another "I would like to make a game, how do I get started" ? I started using GameMaker, which is quick and easy to use, and am now trying to get my head around the Unity game engine.

Good luck with your game making!

ZW07. :-)

Â