This topic is locked from further discussion.

noraanessej90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 noraanessej90
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Im new here and this is my first post so....here goes.

I have been playing games sinc i was little. I'm 18 now and i still play games. But all my life my parents were overprotective and there were so many good games i couldn't play like Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. Now that I'm 18 I am starting to get into these games. Especially Final Fantasy VII. But all my friends who have been into it for a long time got mad at me when they found out and called me a poser and a wannabe. I never even acted like i knew everything about FF. I just expressed an interest in playing the games and seeing the movies. Are my friends right? Is it wrong to try to get into these games when I'm 18? I started by playing Crisis Core. It is a great game so far but I don't know if I should keep playing or just give up. What should i do? Enlighten me, fellow gamers.

Aaron

Avatar image for 010dragonslayer
010dragonslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 010dragonslayer
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts
Your friends sound like jerks, don't give up on these games because they are making false accusations of you being a "poser"
Alley-Cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Alley-Cat
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts
Of course it's okay. There's no time frame. Just do what you want and just ignore your friends.
mikepong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mikepong
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
yeah exactly, just because you didnt get to play the games when you were younger doesnt mean you cant play em now. Just keep doing what you want to do and play what you want to play XD
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Im new here and this is my first post so....here goes.

I have been playing games sinc i was little. I'm 18 now and i still play games. But all my life my parents were overprotective and there were so many good games i couldn't play like Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. Now that I'm 18 I am starting to get into these games. Especially Final Fantasy VII. But all my friends who have been into it for a long time got mad at me when they found out and called me a poser and a wannabe. I never even acted like i knew everything about FF. I just expressed an interest in playing the games and seeing the movies. Are my friends right? Is it wrong to try to get into these games when I'm 18? I started by playing Crisis Core. It is a great game so far but I don't know if I should keep playing or just give up. What should i do? Enlighten me, fellow gamers.

Aaron

noraanessej90

Dude, play it, one thing I do not tolerate is people telling me that Im a fan boy for liking a certain game. I like halo, I like Final Fantasy, and the main reason why people call me that is because I like a popular game. Forgive me, but I dont understand why great games are so hated upon. The are great because they are accepted as great, its weird how there arent fan boys for the games that are considered garbage (when was the last time you heard of a Superman 64 fanboy) :D)

If you enjoy it, do it, life is too short and complicated to worry about another's opinion over something so trivial.

Even now and then I break out my Atari 2600, sure the games arent up to par with whats out now..but its still fun playing yars revenge and warlords.

noraanessej90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 noraanessej90
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Thanks you guys. You guys are awesome. ^^
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Of course it's okay to play whatever you want and enjoy it!

There's no time frame with games. Then what are all the downloadable content, Virtual Console, remakes, re-releases, and collections for? They're made to be played again and again. I just bought a old game on Steam, a very popular one that I never played before. Does that make me jump on the bandwagon? Of course not! Then why would it be on Steam?

I honestly have no idea what your friends are arguing about. Seriously, it sounds very childish. I think it's great your playing the great games you missed when you were younger. There are a lot of games I missed as well, like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Alien VS Predator 2, and others. And I regret it because I can't find them anymore.

You're doing nothing wrong. I really don't understand why your friends would harass you like that, and I also don't understand why it would bother you. It really is nothing to worry yourself over when you think about it.

YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts
Tell your friends to take their heads out of the graphicswhore bin and enjoy all games,not just the latest most flashy game that everyone will forget in a few months while the games that get laughed at remain huge years later