Is Grand Theft Auto Games becoming a religion for people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CowMan07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CowMan07
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts

I mean because look at the prostitutes and the strip clubs, the fact that you eat things now, everythings becoming human like and you can get drunk, i so hope that they wont make it like Second Life or something totally stupid like that.

Heres a really funny video of some bloke going around Liberty City in GTA IV and picking up ho's (and shooting them, and abusing generally everyone). And look out for the bit when he runs over a fat girl. :lol:

http://www.thatsgaming.com/index/comments/ladies_of_liberty_city/

But anyway, everybody under the age of 50 knows or has heard of GTA games and it looks like these games will continue to be made untill the end of time! I for one love Grand Theft Auto, ive got:

GTA: San Andreas

GTA: Liberty City Stories

and GTA: Vice City Stories (which i bought recently)

And judging by the video above, GTA: IV looks like so much fun so ill get that when i get a PS3. I for one hope that GTA lives forever and ever. Amen. :P

Comment on your favorite GTA, maybe post a funny video. I dont mind but that one is the funniest one ive seen so far.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

if they succeed in adding so many new things to the game, it wont end because they dont have real relation in story and they are getting bigger and bigger. look at GTA3 and GTA4 now, they are totally different. i didnt play GTA4 yet so my favorite is still GTA3 because its colors were better. i didnt like VC or SA colors but that doesnt mean i disliked them, i beat them already but GTA3 was real deal, grandshaking, coming from 2D to 3D, revolutionary. now they may make GTA4 Vice City, GTA4 San Andreas or other cities for GTA4 till GTA5 comes for PS4 and xbox720

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
No. The Sims is closer to that.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
All I know is that my roommate is the biggest loser I ever seen in my life and he plays GTA religiously...Does that answer your question?
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
I think the TC is abusing the term "religion".
Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts

I hope not, because a LOT of people get shot in GTA. It makes the history of real religions look positively pacifist by comparison. :D

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
Religion - no.

Addiction - yes.
CowMan07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CowMan07
Well i couldnt think of a correct word, i was going to use Cult, but GTA isnt the KKK. lol so erm that shows how bad my vocabulary is getting. Too much GTA :lol:
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

I hope not, because a LOT of people get shot in GTA. It makes the history of real religions look positively pacifist by comparison. :D

ViscaBarcaInter

you cannot be serious. i would wager more people have been killed in the name of god than any other cause.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
It is an off and on thing for me, Rockstar is still tweaking with the formula. I love Vice City but hate San Andreas. GTA IV, is probably my all time favorite game. Or one of them. It is less of a religion and more of a philosophy. No one worships GTA IV, it is widely accepted and loved by its followers. Me among them.
CowMan07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CowMan07
[QUOTE="ViscaBarcaInter"]

OneWingedAngeI

Yes! Look at the Christian religion, i think it was the knights templar who went around murdering people who wouldnt follow God, which seems to me a bit nasty.

And what about the Iraq war now? They are fighting for some sort of god or whatever, i never pay attention when the news is on because all they show is death and pain.

you cannot be serious. i would wager more people have been killed in the name of god than any other cause.

CowMan07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CowMan07
Whoops, i seem to have quoted myself. Oh well you get the idea.
PlayBox39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PlayBox39
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts

No

I just think it has a Large following.