is gamefly worththe money

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I have a question. Is gamefly worth it? I live in the state of Maryland and I heard that gamefly takes forever deliver on this side of the country since it's based in California. I checked their site, it doesn't seem like they have a phone number. I start college in a month and won't have time to play a huge amount.

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

I have a question. Is gamefly worth it? I live in the state of Maryland and I heard that gamefly takes forever deliver on this side of the country since it's based in California. I checked their site, it doesn't seem like they have a phone number. I start college in a month and won't have time to play a huge amount.

gamenerd15

Its worth it. Their headquarters are based in Austin,Tx. I live about an hour from Austin and I get my games in less then two days. I think they have a location in Pennsylvania too but Im not sure. You should get your games a little faster since you live in Maryland. I love the fact that you can keep games as long as you want and then return them. Their system is setup very nice too. You choose the games you want in advance and when you return the games you have out they automatically send you the next games on your list.

zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
ahh I want gamefly, but I'm Canadian.
fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

im in gamefly i live in virginia use to take a week to get games but with there new shipping area it takes 3 days at most...

they have a huge variety of games almost everyoneps2 and up but man does there inventory aka the amount of copies in stocksuck bad but i guess thats like any rental place just not having to pay 10 bucks per a rental just 15 dollars a month.

example ive been trying to get prototype since it came out the avaliability is still low lame...

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Do you have netflix??? Gamefly is nothing like netflix. I figured since it's a similar industry they'd have about the same service, but gamefly is crap compared to netflix. It takes them forever to recieve a game, then there's about a day turn around, and then another week for them to send it out. I beat most games w/in 3 days and w/ the two at a time plan still could only rent about 4 games a month. Maybe it was my location, but my guess is location only saves a day here or there for shipping. Most of the time it was all the games I wanted were only High availability, and not available now.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Is there any way I can pay them without having an account number on file to where they just take the money out of my bank? I don't like other people in my account, Is there a way they can just send me a bill and I pay it myself instead them just automatically doing it?

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Gamefly isn't worth the money. I live in Louisville, KY. It takes Gamefly on average at least 10 days to deliver a new game to me from the day I mail their's back, Netflix takes on average 2 days to get a movie to me. Gamefly have even raised their rates and have not improved their speed of delivery. You're better off renting locally until Gamefly can get their distribution system out of the 20th century.

PabloEscobar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PabloEscobar20
Member since 2009 • 837 Posts
I had a question about Gamefly. Can you switch an older/scratched version you have with the new one they send and then send it back?
Dreamerdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Dreamerdude26
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I live in Owensboro, ky and it takes about 4 days for a mailed game to get back and 2 days for a game to get to me. I think it's worth it. Plus, if you time it right once you know how long it takes a game to get back you can get new releases sent to you the day before they are released so they'll get to you either on or the day after. I sent back left for dead last Tuesday and even though there was a holiday between then and now my game made it back in time so that I'm getting Darksiders. To me, it's worth it.
Dreamerdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Dreamerdude26
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

coltsfan4ever

Its worth it. Their headquarters are based in Austin,Tx. I live about an hour from Austin and I get my games in less then two days. I think they have a location in Pennsylvania too but Im not sure. You should get your games a little faster since you live in Maryland. I love the fact that you can keep games as long as you want and then return them. Their system is setup very nice too. You choose the games you want in advance and when you return the games you have out they automatically send you the next games on your list.

Yup, it's in Pittsburgh, which is where my games come from.
FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

I really like gamefly keeps me from buying some games and i can get a new game for 10-15 bucks cheaper.