jonpt15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jonpt15
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I downloaded Final Fantasy 6 for iOS almost a year ago but never really played it. I'm big on graphics in a game and that is why I haven't played but all the reviews say it's a great game and that the story is great.

Is it?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yes.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Its good but I think Chrono Trigger does just about everything better.

Sorry but I cant help but compare the two games. Both are excellent games though. :)

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Think it still has the biggest cast of any mainstream FF game to date. Wish they could go back to those... but all these AAA games like to focus on the cinematic presentation

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Not played it either, final fantasy iv was awesome though it was a toss up between iv and vi when I was picking an old school final fantasy to play.

The touch screen controls on phones suck even for jrpgs

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Yes I believe that it is although playing the iOS version might not be quite as enjoyable as playing on a console.

Velius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Velius
Member since 2016 • 66 Posts

iOS version is like a thin film of hot vomit over the most decadent dessert you could ever fathom.

Final Fantasy VI is the greatest game ever made.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@jonpt15: It's great, though unfortunately you have probably the worst version of it. It's not unplayable on IOS, but the GBA version is probably the best.

SuperClocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperClocks
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

It's definitely my favorite Final Fantasy game, and the best turn based role playing game that I've ever played.

RonThallsBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RonThallsBalls
Member since 2016 • 348 Posts

I have never played the snes version but I've got a vita. Was thinking of downloading 6 off psn but I've read some complaints about loading times and censorship (!), is that true? Will the loading times bug me if I've never played the snes version?

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I think it's a bit overrated but its definitely a great game. One of the best RPGs on the SNES (although as it was mentioned above, Chrono Trigger is better).

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#12 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well you're not going to like it if you care about graphics that much, but to me it's one of the best games ever made.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

@ronthallsballs: No since you are emulating a ps1 game you can reduce the load times in the vita settings and it should work fine. The extra bonus of portability will also help. I'd say get it right now as its on sale too!

LuminousAether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LuminousAether
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

It's an SNES era JRPG. For what it's worth, it's one of the better ones. However, if you're an adult it won't have much in the way of any appeal, it's a kid's game that was designed for kids. It has no strategic depth. It's laughably easy. The gameplay largely consists of repeating the same ridiculously easy fights over and over. It has no challenge and requires no thought. I loved it when I was 13. It's unplayable now that I'm in my 30s.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

@LuminousAether: The combat *is* relatively easy, but it's also really fun - especially when you start playing around with weirder combinations of characters.

Anyway, people don't really play the game for its combat. The combat is fine, but it really excels in its characters, stories, music and scope. It's opera, and it's fantastic. It might be my favourite JRPG, it's arguably the best in the FF series, and it's as good now as it was 20 years ago

LuminousAether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LuminousAether
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

But the combat is the vast majority of the game. You will spend most of your time in combat.

Story cannot overcome gameplay flaws to me. Gameplay trumps story and then some.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

In my opinion, it is the best of the holy trinity of JRPGs that came out for the SNES: Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. All three of these games are a blast and have awesome and unique stories. FF6 with its crazy Joker-like villain and violent mischief, Chrono Trigger for the time traveling, and Earthbound for its charming humor and fast fights (compared to the other two).

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

i have never played FF6 before, but I heard its good. FF6 is on 50% sale discount on Steam if you want to play the PC version instead. I am planning on buying that version :D

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I enjoyed it a few times on SNES

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Lol, me too. I got a bunch of old SNES games for my phone but haven't played any of them... couldn't get past the pixely graphics

yasminway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yasminway
Member since 2016 • 14 Posts

YES YES! Talking about the plot and gameplay, yes! I believe its better than FFVII, but it depends. Now, about the iOS version, it's kind different (not bad tho).

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#22 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@jonpt15:

Like Final Fantasy 7, 6 can't live up to the pedestal fans have put it on. The story is overwhelmingly simple, the combat system is standard at best and the characters are extremely shallow. To anyone who just picks it up out of curiosity, prepare to be disappointed.

The music is still awesome though but after trying this for the first time, I can honestly say that Final Fantasy 6 isn't all its cracked up to be. Same with 7. They are overly hyped games that just didn't age well.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

Its good for when it was made. Its obviously not good by todays standards cause it has really old graphics and is fairly linear. But the storyline still holds up and thats the most important part. The combat though is pretty basic, but addictive to play as any game is that lets you level up.

Plus you play as a female main character that isn't a skimpy clothed dumb ass airhead like the ones in later FF games.... (looking at you FF13 and your god awful female characters, 5 minutes of Lightening or Sarah will make you wish for death)

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Yes. Look at my avatar.