Is Dragonball Z: Battle of Z any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OandA_Pest (13 posts) -

Greetings! New here from GameFAQS, which is by far the worst gaming forum on the internet!

Just wanted to know if the game was any good. I hear there are plenty of fun online 8-man matches to be had?

#2 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2163 posts) -

I haven't played it yet but I'm really interested in hearing some peoples opinions too. It looks like the most complete DBZ fighter yet, which I've wanted for a while.

#3 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

Its alirght...you'd have to be a massive DBZ fan like myself to get the most out of it. I really wish they'd make a RPG set in the DBZ world, where you can choose a race ( human, namkian, saiyan ) and level up your ki as you go. that would be sweet

#4 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13746 posts) -

@ Mesomorphin

That would be a Skinnerbox

#5 Posted by huerito323 (1377 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

Its alirght...you'd have to be a massive DBZ fan like myself to get the most out of it. I really wish they'd make a RPG set in the DBZ world, where you can choose a race ( human, namkian, saiyan ) and level up your ki as you go. that would be sweet

I day dream about this a lot.. An open world RPG game in a DBZ setting would be the most amazing thing ever.

#6 Posted by Hennius (45 posts) -

Best DBZ games i've played have been mods using the source engine and previous half-life related engines.

- Dragonball

- ESF (Earths Special Forces)

and the source one which i can't remember what it's called... Probably Dragon Ball Source ... lol.

@mesomorphin: I agree, I also wish they had made something like an RPG with roaming elements and a skill tree similar to skyrim to adapt and grow experience.

#7 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@huerito323 said:

@mesomorphin said:

Its alirght...you'd have to be a massive DBZ fan like myself to get the most out of it. I really wish they'd make a RPG set in the DBZ world, where you can choose a race ( human, namkian, saiyan ) and level up your ki as you go. that would be sweet

I day dream about this a lot.. An open world RPG game in a DBZ setting would be the most amazing thing ever.

This is why I wish they would release Dragonball Online outside of Japan!

#8 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@hennius said:

@mesomorphin: I agree, I also wish they had made something like an RPG with roaming elements and a skill tree similar to skyrim to adapt and grow experience.

With a universe as expansive as Dragonball, it has so much potential! A fully realised open world game, with player/race customisation, skill trees, moral/choices, and a story mode that lets you play out throughout the sagas as your own character. (instead of Gohan killing Cell, you do it) and they seriously need to ditch the cell shading and go with graphics similar to ESF.

#9 Posted by Jag85 (4628 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

Its alirght...you'd have to be a massive DBZ fan like myself to get the most out of it. I really wish they'd make a RPG set in the DBZ world, where you can choose a race ( human, namkian, saiyan ) and level up your ki as you go. that would be sweet

There were a few DBZ RPG's before, although that was a long time ago. DBZ Online is the only modern one, but is only available in Asia.

#10 Edited by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

I like DBZ as much as the next DBZ fan....And I gotta say no, the game is sub par.

First, the story mode is kind of like a what if story. It follows the same premise of the story, but it strays off the path a lot. I read the interview with the developer, and instead of Goku having a final battle with Frieza, it's gonna be Piccilo, Goku, Vegeta and Gohan fighting Frieza....just stuff like that...why? And in the demo, the story mode was, well sub par too. Download the demo to find out for yourself.

Other points that make the game kinda bad. No transformations in battle, triangle is the ONLY attack button (yep, another dbz game where everyone has the same combo.....just smash one button yay!) The controls felt awkward.

The game is focused on MP and not SP. If you want a good dbz game just buy Budokai 3 HD remake.