Is Dragonball Z: Battle of Z any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OandA_Pest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OandA_Pest
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Greetings! New here from GameFAQS, which is by far the worst gaming forum on the internet!

Just wanted to know if the game was any good. I hear there are plenty of fun online 8-man matches to be had?

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I haven't played it yet but I'm really interested in hearing some peoples opinions too. It looks like the most complete DBZ fighter yet, which I've wanted for a while.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Its alirght...you'd have to be a massive DBZ fan like myself to get the most out of it. I really wish they'd make a RPG set in the DBZ world, where you can choose a race ( human, namkian, saiyan ) and level up your ki as you go. that would be sweet

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ Mesomorphin

That would be a Skinnerbox

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

Its alirght...you'd have to be a massive DBZ fan like myself to get the most out of it. I really wish they'd make a RPG set in the DBZ world, where you can choose a race ( human, namkian, saiyan ) and level up your ki as you go. that would be sweet

I day dream about this a lot.. An open world RPG game in a DBZ setting would be the most amazing thing ever.

Hennius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hennius
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts

Best DBZ games i've played have been mods using the source engine and previous half-life related engines.

- Dragonball

- ESF (Earths Special Forces)

and the source one which i can't remember what it's called... Probably Dragon Ball Source ... lol.

@mesomorphin: I agree, I also wish they had made something like an RPG with roaming elements and a skill tree similar to skyrim to adapt and grow experience.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mesomorphin

@huerito323 said:

@mesomorphin said:

I day dream about this a lot.. An open world RPG game in a DBZ setting would be the most amazing thing ever.

This is why I wish they would release Dragonball Online outside of Japan!

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mesomorphin

@hennius said:

@mesomorphin: I agree, I also wish they had made something like an RPG with roaming elements and a skill tree similar to skyrim to adapt and grow experience.

With a universe as expansive as Dragonball, it has so much potential! A fully realised open world game, with player/race customisation, skill trees, moral/choices, and a story mode that lets you play out throughout the sagas as your own character. (instead of Gohan killing Cell, you do it) and they seriously need to ditch the cell shading and go with graphics similar to ESF.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

There were a few DBZ RPG's before, although that was a long time ago. DBZ Online is the only modern one, but is only available in Asia.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I like DBZ as much as the next DBZ fan....And I gotta say no, the game is sub par.

First, the story mode is kind of like a what if story. It follows the same premise of the story, but it strays off the path a lot. I read the interview with the developer, and instead of Goku having a final battle with Frieza, it's gonna be Piccilo, Goku, Vegeta and Gohan fighting Frieza....just stuff like that...why? And in the demo, the story mode was, well sub par too. Download the demo to find out for yourself.

Other points that make the game kinda bad. No transformations in battle, triangle is the ONLY attack button (yep, another dbz game where everyone has the same combo.....just smash one button yay!) The controls felt awkward.

The game is focused on MP and not SP. If you want a good dbz game just buy Budokai 3 HD remake.