Is Destiny worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZzNashoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Destiny worth getting? (20 votes)

Yes 70%
No 30%

I have reached the point where I pick up a shooter of any kind and quickly get bored. This includes Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall, Halo... etc. Does this game separate itself from these games enough to be worth getting? I was not fortunate enough to participate in the beta.

• 
Tonyx429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Tonyx429
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

I got to play the beta, but not as much as I wanted to..at least I got exposure to some of the gameplay.

Destiny is more of a rpg/shooter, similar to borderlands. You get to choose a class/race (each class having unique abilities) and develop that character. There is also co-op where you can do story missions together and online multiplayer for team deathmatch and such.

Even though I haven't heard much hype for it, I suspect it's going to be an awesome game.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

heck yes. played the beta, awesome but its kinda repetitive and it looks like dancing will get old.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I played the beta and enjoyed every minute of it. As for it getting repetitive...they only gave you one map that had like 50 percent of the entire thing (maybe more) blocked off. I believe there's gonna be more to this game than meets the eye. So yeah, I highly recommend. Multiplayer's fun too.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

For me, yes it'll be worth it. I enjoyed the beta immensely. For you? I don't know. I can't predict what you will or won't like. You have to play it with friends or co-op to get the most out of it though.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

It seems to be a incomplete game to me. Few locations. Dlcs already being worked on. Maybe if they didnt waste resources to release the game on the last gen consoles just to get more sales, they could have used the extra workers to create more locations without having to add dlc.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mastermetal777

@Omega-316: If you're talking about the beta size, that's not representative of the entire game. It was a big chunk, yes, but many of the underground areas were blocked off by invincible enemies, so there's going to be a lot more to this game. And as for the DLC, I have no problems with it. As long as it's not day-one DLC bullshit, than I'm fine with them releasing regular content every few months. This is supposed to have an MMO feel, so expansions here and there are to be expected.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44277 Posts

Oh hell yeah! I played the beta and absolutely loved it and I want more. Only two weeks now until the game comes out, can't wait.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

I liked what I saw in the Beta enough to warrant a purchase day 1... but I'm slightly sceptical whether I'll enjoy it as much as I hope, as I'm mostly playing it for the campaign.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@watchdogsrules said:

heck yes. played the beta, awesome but its kinda repetitive and it looks like dancing will get old.

I hope new dance moves can be unlock as your character progresses.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I've been going back and forth on whether I should purchase it or not. I have a feeling I will since Destiny is going to be the biggest game of this fall, so I want to give it a shot and form my own opinions.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Totally.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Military shooters bore me as hell . but i still enjoy Sci Fi shooters .

I think destiny has a lot of content . there is the endless PvP multiplayer , but the online campaign is huge and takes a lot of time . i guess its fun to play with friends at least .

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I liked what I saw in the Beta enough to warrant a purchase day 1... but I'm slightly sceptical whether I'll enjoy it as much as I hope, as I'm mostly playing it for the campaign.

Has it got a Single Player mode I thought it was co.op only

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mastermetal777

@sukraj: You can play the campaign solo or co-op, same with the free-roam mode. It's entirely up to you. It's only the strike/raid modes that require co-op.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@sukraj: You can play the campaign solo or co-op, same with the free-roam mode. It's entirely up to you. It's only the strike/raid modes that require co-op.

thanks mate for clearing that up I wasn't sure if u could play the game on you're own.

CarbineMess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CarbineMess
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I've been really excited by Destiny but will be waiting a few months from now if it's really worth buying. So yeah, waiting for all them reviews first.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

I'm uncertain, I did not get to try the Beta either. Is it just like borderlands were guys respawn, ? Or is it more in depth? Can someone give me a comparison of what games it would be like? I loved borderlands, but is ther another game it can be compared with?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mastermetal777

@medafaded: It's a cross between Borderlands, Halo, Mass Effect, and an MMO, with a little Call of Duty thrown into the multiplayer. But it still feels like its own game and no other console shooter has ever felt this in-depth, open, or social before.