In what era you want so see Assassin's Creed V be based?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 8 months, 23 days ago

Poll: In what era you want so see Assassin's Creed V be based? (14 votes)

Mughal India Era 14%
Feudal Japan 43%
Another Pirate Story 0%
Egypt 29%
British India Era 0%
World War II Era 14%
#1 Posted by Behardy24 (3797 posts) -

Ubisoft have said before they will never do Assassin's Creed game didn't the World War 2 era,but they'll probably sellout and just "F*Ck IT,lets DO IT!!!"

I wouldn't be surprise.

Egypt and Feudal Japan sound the best. British India isn't that popular part of history and would probably be like separate Mini-Game like Assassin's Creed Liberation.

#2 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11542 posts) -

How about Steampunk ?

#3 Posted by bezza2011 (2408 posts) -

Hmmmmmm it's just a stale series now, you can't top the pirate themed game, all that did was cover up the so boring combat style and missions which were just tedious all the way through

#4 Posted by HowlPendragon (30 posts) -

Feudal Japan, hands down.

I'm surprised we've gone this long without one in Japan. Ninja's are one of the iconic images of an assassin, not to mention how gorgeous it would look on the PS4.

So many new weapons would be at their disposal.

#5 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11542 posts) -

HowlPendragon has a point.

Although he couldve just Ninja and I'l still jump on Board no questions asked,

or they can drop the historical accuracy and have Ninjas vs Pirates...... Vs Aliens !

:p

#6 Edited by Mesomorphin (821 posts) -

Egypt would be interesting, imagine solving hieroglyphic Egyptian puzzles man! And whilst there wouldnt be a whole lot of climbing involved, climbing the pyramids of Giza would be so sweet.

#7 Edited by HowlPendragon (30 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

or they can drop the historical accuracy and have Ninjas vs Pirates...... Vs Aliens !

:p

Yooooo......don't toy with my emotions..

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11542 posts) -

lol. Couldn't help myself. It slipped.

#9 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11542 posts) -

another thing. I heard theres no more desmond missions and outside Animus stuff. Does that mean they might drop his DNA Lineage entirely and just do some other stuff ?

Female protagonist would be nice, especially if its a KuNoIchi !

#10 Edited by Zelda99 (736 posts) -

No pirates, no ninjas. Anywhere else i'm fine with.

#11 Posted by DannyC_pt (62 posts) -

another thing. I heard theres no more desmond missions and outside Animus stuff. Does that mean they might drop his DNA Lineage entirely and just do some other stuff ?

Female protagonist would be nice, especially if its a KuNoIchi !

Personally I disliked playing the silent guy outside the animus. What is this, are we back to the silent video game protagonist from the nineties?

I also believe they could have established a much better balance, having a main male protagonist from the past (Edward Kenway), if you also had a female protagonist for the present. In my preferred "wishful thinking" scenario, it should be (surprise, surprise) Desmond Miles' secret sister. Tadaa...

As for the main topic, Japan would not only be great but it could also feature some magnificent naval battles. Mix that with Kublai Khan and the mongol invasions and you're on your way to goty epicness.

#12 Posted by blamix99 (1822 posts) -

hopefully japan this time

#13 Posted by sukraj (22589 posts) -

More pirates please.

#14 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto.

#15 Posted by Metamania (11996 posts) -

Would love to see the fifth one be based during Fedual Japan. I think that would make an interesting concept, backstory, characters, etc.

#16 Posted by bezza2011 (2408 posts) -

I'm surprised we've gone this long without one in Japan. Ninja's are one of the iconic images of an assassin, not to mention how gorgeous it would look on the PS4.

I'd completely agree with you on this one, if Unisoft could actually create an actual Assassin, but what we get from them is rubbish gameplay mechanics for what an Actual Assassin would be like, i mean the fundamental basic assassin skills aren't even in the game and were on the 4th installment not even including the spin off's and we still haven't got a crouch function, nor does the AI have the ability to here you right behind him or anything, which in turn would just ruin how a Ninja would of worked back in the day

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71219 posts) -

They seem to have narrowed down to Japan or Egypt according to rumors

#18 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

Hopefully as far away from Edward Kenway's era as possible! Also is it true that the modern day story has been scrapped? Would be sad to see it go even though it lost its way a bit in the more recent entries!

#19 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16716 posts) -

They should stop calling it Assassin's creed. It was supposed to be three games, with an already planned out story, but money money and now they're just stretching it. The premise can only go so far; either ditch the modern day story entirely to focus completely on telling the story of the assassins or just ditch the AC brand.

#20 Edited by NEO1100 (11 posts) -

I believe they should make an Assassin's creed game from scratch , focused completely either on modern day assassins or from history. They were supposed to make only 3 ac games . but they have stretched it too much , the whole ac series storyline is made so confusing now.

#21 Edited by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

@HowlPendragon said:

Makes sense. Ninja's are some of the most iconic assassins in popular culture. On the other hand, pirates have hardly anything to do with assassins, so I'm surprised they went with pirates before even considering ninja's. Also, while there are loads of ninja's in games, it's rare to see realistic ninja's. Iconic gaming ninja's like Ryu Hayabusa, Joe Musashi, Strider, Raiden, Grey Fox, etc., have little in common with actual ninja's. Only a few games have realistic ninja's, like From Software's Tenchu series.

However, the India and Egypt options seem quite interesting too. There's already a lot of games set in feudal Japan, but not many set in India or Egypt. Also, they make more sense in terms of the franchise's historical roots, since the historical Assassins order/cult were mostly active around the Middle East region, mainly in Syria and Persia, with significant influence in Egypt. As for India, that was a major source of Hashish, the root of the word "Assassin", so the historical Assassins most likely had links in India as well.

#22 Posted by Jacanuk (4330 posts) -

The best period would be early western arrival in Japan

And AC is a historical game and the closet we should get to 1800-1900 is AC3, AC doesn't fit in a modern day setting and particular not WWII its a different time and to close to the present. So it would never allow for the same historical freedom.

#23 Edited by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

ZOmbies

#24 Edited by colibriosis (597 posts) -

No era, they should do another IP in Japan maybe, but I'd actually prohibit AC having anymore sequels if it were up to me. EVERY SINGLE GAME IS STRAIGHT UP COPIED FROM THE PREVIOUS. Story could easily have ended in AC 3, but Ubisoft wanna dry the cow out. Online is horrible too, no good multiplayer...although unique. And controls are pretty stiff, even though there have been like 7 or 8 games already, you still can't crouch or lie down. Fighting is automated and oversimplified so most missions are a piece of cake getting through no matter the amount of enemies.

ASSASSins Creed sucks...

#25 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18404 posts) -

None: the series needs to take a serious break.

#26 Posted by padaporra (3406 posts) -

Ancient Rome.

#27 Posted by Randolph (10500 posts) -

I'll take one in Japan, preferably with a lady character. They make better assassins to me.

#28 Edited by juboner (448 posts) -

Stone Age