I'm really starting to hate publishers and developers who milk it way too much!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I just bought Guilty Gear XX Accent Core today for full price. The only reason why I bought it was to finally play all the characters. But no, Justice and the other boss character isn't available not even as a unlockable. The thing that pisses me off is they are available in a older version of this game and yet they didn't even bother putting them in this one. Than I found out today that they will be available in a expansion version in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, which just came out in Japan. So I'm forced to buy the Plus version, which is basically the exact same stinkin` game just to play those two characters.

Seriously, this is getting me angry. I really, really hate developers and publishers who milk it like this. Isn't anyone else annoyed by this despicable business practice?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Those guys are even worse than the developers/publishers who hold back content from full priced games and then try to sell it as DLC on day 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
EA anyone?? For christ sake, they made it available on Xbox live marketplace and PSN to buy an upgrade to max out your character in Tiger Woods 08. WTF?? That takes away a huge chunk of what the game is all about. Stuff like that pisses me off. And when devs tack on multiplayer to games that dont really need it.
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
How about Activision and the Guitar Hero games?
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

? This has always been something that's been with the fighting game genre. Not only that but the fighting fans (like myself) prefer this as it only makes the game better and also they added more things then two characters. Don't want it, don't buy it it's that simple. If Plus makes you feel bad that they seemly just added two characters then you should be even more pist about Accent Core because they actually took out characters instead. Not trying to sound rude but this has always been what it has been like for the fighting genre. If the next one isn't as much as an update as you wanted it to be then hold back and wait until one ends up having more significant content then the one you own and then buy it.

Anyway I think that Olympic Hockey Nagano '98 holds the tourch for the biggest rip-off ever.

Just look at IGN's review:

"It's Wayne Gre... No wait, it's Olympic Hockey -- but that can't be right! Even the codes are the same..."

Those guys are even worse than the developers/publishers who hold back content from full priced games and then try to sell it as DLC on day 1.

CarnageHeart

Downloadable Content for the Playstation 2? :P

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASK_Story

? This has always been something that's been with the fighting game genre. Not only that but the fighting fans (like myself) prefer this as it only makes the game better and also they added more things then two characters. Don't want it, don't buy it it's that simple. If Plus makes you feel bad that they seemly just added two characters then you should be even more pist about Accent Core because they actually took out characters instead. Not trying to sound rude but this has always been what it has been like for the fighting genre. If the next one isn't as much as an update as you wanted it to be then hold back and wait until one ends up having more significant content then the one you own and then buy it.

Anyway I think that Olympic Hockey Nagano '98 holds the tourch for the biggest rip-off ever.

Just look at IGN's review:

"It's Wayne Gre... No wait, it's Olympic Hockey -- but that can't be right! Even the codes are the same..."

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

Gunraidan

Downloadable Content for the Playstation 2? :P

I know fighting games are like this and you missed the point here. Accent Core is a different situation.

Usually fighting games add NEW content. Let me rephrase that...NEW content. The two characters missing in Accent Core are OLD content. These are characters that have been in older previous Guilty Gear versions. So to leave them out in Accent Core and force you to buy the Plus version to play them is something I just can't understand. Why would they slap their fans` faces by doing it this way? It's not like they're adding brand NEW characters to the Plus version. All they're doing is adding recycled old characters and forcing you to buy it. AND they haven't added new content either. No new characters or anything like that, just these old boss characters.

IF the PLUS version added like two new characters in addition to these boss characters, maybe that might be a slight consolation, but they did no such thing. That's why I'm angry. And that's why this is a deplorable business practice.

Capcom, Namco, and Sega AM2, adds new characters everytime they release a newer version, but I never seen them take away exsisting characters. And even if they did take away existing characters, I never seen them just recycle them back in a expansion version without any new content like the way Sammy did with Accent Core. For example, how would you feel if Sega AM2 took away Sarah and Jackie Bryant when they released VF4 Evo and then just forced you to buy a VF4 Evo Plus version at full retail price with these two characters in it and with no other additional content? Wouldn't that piss you off? No, Sega AM2 didn't do that. And when they released VF4 Evo, they added two new characters AND the game was sold at a budget price instead of full price. But Sammy is charging full retail price for the Plus version with recycled old characters and with no new content. This still doesn't piss you off?

So you see my point? Yes, I know fighting games do this, but Accent Core is a different situation.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gunraidan

^^^Before they retracted those characters due to balancing issues. Now they added one back and a new one from what I think. They also further balance and polish the fighting system as well as adding a new full fleshed story mode and other extras.

As said I said before they've added more then just two characters. Saying that there is no new content is incorrect.

And it isn't full retail price. Accent Core was only $30 for the PS2, Plus will be the same if not less.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story

^^^Before they retracted those characters due to balancing issues. Now they added one back and a new one from what I think. They also further balance and polish the fighting system as well as adding a new full fleshed story mode and other extras.

As said I said before they've added more then just two characters. Saying that there is no new content is incorrect.

And it isn't full retail price. Accent Core was only $30 for the PS2, Plus will be the same if not less.

Gunraidan

Again, you're missing the point! Plus will have nothing new just those two characters. I'm not talking about the new stuff in Accent Core. I already know that. I'm talking about the Plus version having no extra content. So they're milking it for all its worth. If you don't see this as a rip-off than I don't understand what you're seeing.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gunraidan
[QUOTE="Gunraidan"]

ASK_Story

Again, you're missing the point! Plus will have nothing new just those two characters. I'm not talking about the new stuff in Accent Core. I already know that. I'm talking about the Plus version having no extra content. So they're milking it for all its worth. If you don't see this as a rip-off than I don't understand what you're seeing.

New GGXXAC coming out in Japan in March. It will contain:

Things bolded are what actually matters

- New fully voiced story mode
- This time the Story Mode takes place after the events of the PS2 GGXX story mode.
- The 25 characters' stories will cover the major events involving the "mystery of Gears", "that man" and conflict with the Post War Administration Bureau, etc.
- The Story Mode has a full branching path Zapping system, with a total of 350 scenarios in all, once again all fully voice, representing the biggest story mode in Guilty Gear home edition history ever.
- 2 old characters brought back in GGXXAC glory: Justice and Cliff, both are also available as part of the story mode.
- Contains all the bug fixes, rebalances, and tune ups that the original version had issues with.
- New modes like Mission Mode where your character levels up from completing missions, a full survival mode, as well as a new Gallery mode where you unlock all the awesome new illustratons.

Not to mention Arc System Works only did this in Japan because the Japanese version of Accent Core was loaded with bugs and glitches. From what I know it isn't comfirmed for North America but I wouldn't be surprised if it will due to every Guilty Gear fan wanting it to come out. Not to mention that the game was priced around $15 in Japan if you had Accent Core.

The fans want the game and Arc System Works will probably release it. I don't see the problem.

You seem to think that this game was made due to Arc System Works not just milking their fanbase but cutting the cows nipple, draining out the blood, and getting a nano-machine to suck up all the milk cells left. In reality this was just a release to fix the bugs and they added a few bells and whistles to add at least SOMETHING to it. Yes as Carnage_Heart said they should've gone with Downloadable Content but the game is on the PS2 though so that wasn't an option.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Gunraidan"]

Gunraidan

New GGXXAC coming out in Japan in March. It will contain:

Things bolded are what actually matters

- New fully voiced story mode
- This time the Story Mode takes place after the events of the PS2 GGXX story mode.
- The 25 characters' stories will cover the major events involving the "mystery of Gears", "that man" and conflict with the Post War Administration Bureau, etc.
- The Story Mode has a full branching path Zapping system, with a total of 350 scenarios in all, once again all fully voice, representing the biggest story mode in Guilty Gear home edition history ever.
- 2 old characters brought back in GGXXAC glory: Justice and Cliff, both are also available as part of the story mode.
- Contains all the bug fixes, rebalances, and tune ups that the original version had issues with.
- New modes like Mission Mode where your character levels up from completing missions, a full survival mode, as well as a new Gallery mode where you unlock all the awesome new illustratons.

Not to mention Arc System Works only did this in Japan because the Japanese version of Accent Core was loaded with bugs and glitches. From what I know it isn't comfirmed for North America but I wouldn't be surprised if it will due to every Guilty Gear fan wanting it to come out. Not to mention that the game was priced around $15 in Japan if you had Accent Core.

The fans want the game and Arc System Works will probably release it. I don't see the problem.

You seem to think that this game was made due to Arc System Works not just milking their fanbase but cutting the cows nipple, draining out the blood, and getting a nano-machine to suck up all the milk cells left. In reality this was just a release to fix the bugs and they added a few bells and whistles to add at least SOMETHING to it. Yes as Carnage_Heart said they should've gone with Downloadable Content but the game is on the PS2 though so that wasn't an option.

Look. To some people, like me, we don't care about all that fluff such as story content, etc. That's all little trivial things. In a fighting game, I only care about playable characters and missing two playable characters is huge content. And it is one I'm not willing to give up another $30 for them. Also, that $15 you're referring to is misleading since it only works with a Japanese PS2. And you have to have the original copy to use it. Also, the bug fixes your pointing out isn't in the American version. The bugs were taken care of with the release of Accent Core for NA. So I have no idea why you're bringing that up since it doesn't relate to this discussion.

You can list all you want on story content, mystery revealed, art gallery, whatever. It's still milking, it's still a rip-off, no matter how much you try to justify them. And this is a deplorable business scheme that I absolutely hate with the utmost hatred.

And Carnage "was making a contrast." He obviously knows there's no downloable content on the PS2, he was just pointing out how Sammy's milking with Guilty Gear is WORSE than devs taking advantage of downloable content on next-gen consoles.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gunraidan

Look. To some people, like me, we don't care about all that fluff such as story content, etc. That's all little trivial things. In a fighting game, I only care about playable characters and missing two playable characters is huge content. And it is one I'm not willing to give up another $30 for them. Also, that $15 you're referring to is misleading since it only works with a Japanese PS2. And you have to have the original copy to use it. Also, the bug fixes your pointing out isn't in the American version. The bugs were taken care of with the release of Accent Core for NA. So I have no idea why you're bringing that up since it doesn't relate to this discussion.

You can list all you want on story content, mystery revealed, art gallery, whatever. It's still milking, it's still a rip-off, no matter how much you try to justify them. And this is a deplorable business scheme that I absolutely hate with the utmost hatred.

ASK_Story

I don't understand.

First I say that this game is intended for the Japanese owners of Accent Core because it was buggy (hence why it isn't announced for North America so far)

Then you just restate what I've already stated (I.E. You needed AC to get it for $15, the NSTC versions doesn' t have bugs)

While before you were complaining because they supposably only added two new characters to the game and I listed some of the additional content and you said it doesn't count which is solely your opinion (I.E. Only Fighting Characters matter).

Finally you claim that they are completely milking the Western fans of the series since there weren't any glitches in the game when in reality the game isn't even confirmed for an outside Japanese release and due to its' minimum changes it may not (I.E. GGXX / wasn't released outside of Japan).

I mean none of this makes any sense.

It's one thing to say that you simply disagree and say that it's still milkage. But to act as if my statements are factually wrong that there isn't any contents and not taking heart of what I said and jumble it up acting like I don't know what I'm talking about is something else.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Gunraidan

I don't understand.

First I say that this game is intended for the Japanese owners of Accent Core because it was buggy (hence why it isn't announced for North America so far)

Then you just restate what I've already stated (I.E. You needed AC to get it for $15, the NSTC versions doesn' t have bugs)

While before you were complaining because they supposably only added two new characters to the game and I listed some of the additional content and you said it doesn't count which is solely your opinion (I.E. Only Fighting Characters matter).

Finally you claim that they are completely milking the Western fans of the series since there weren't any glitches in the game when in reality the game isn't even confirmed for an outside Japanese release and due to its' minimum changes it may not (I.E. GGXX / wasn't released outside of Japan).

I mean none of this makes any sense.

It's one thing to say that you simply disagree and say that it's still milkage. But to act as if my statements are factually wrong that there isn't any contents and not taking heart of what I said and jumble it up acting like I don't know what I'm talking about is something else.

I'm talking about how Kliff and Justice was left out on purpose in both the Japanese and North American version of Accent Core. I'm NOT talking about the Plus version, which includes Kliff and Justice. Sammy didn't have to do that. It's milking. It's gouging out much as they can for us to buy more versions of this game. A true expansion is adding NEWER characters not recycled older ones. The way Sammy released Accent Core is milking it. You can see it no matter how you like, but to the rest of the gaming world, it is milking.

That's why I'm pissed. I have to either buy the import for $70 or wait for the Plus version to come out here. And then I'd have to spend another $30 just for Kliff and Justice...and the rest of the story content which I can care less about.

I'm very crystal-clear in my responses.

Basically, here's what I'm saying:

• I wanted Kliff and Justice in Accent Core.
  • They're not in it.
  • I'm disappointed.
  • Than I found out they are included in the Plus version which just came out in Japan.
  • I'm pissed now because I feel short-changed.
  • I don't want to buy the import for $70.
  • I don't want to wait for the North American version of Accent Core Plus.
  • I don't want to spend another $30 for the same game.
  • Sammy and Arc System Works are cheap bastards.
  • I'm a disappointed customer.

Sorry for lashing out like that. I'm not angry at you or your opinion. I'm just a little ticked off at how Sammy and Arc System Works is milking this series.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gunraidan

^^^Dude you got it all wrong. Accent Core Plus was made solely to fix the bugs and glitches from the PS2 Japanese version. Hence why they didn't do it for the Japanese Wii version since that was bug free (due to it coming out later).

Not to mention Kliff and Justice are said to be unchanged and just added that and those other features to make those who brought the PS2 version not feel like they are spending $15 extra for just bug fixes.

Though there are many diehard Guilty Gear fans that want this to come out.

I guess it's my fault for not specifying more.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ASK_Story

^^^Dude you got it all wrong. Accent Core Plus was made solely to fix the bugs and glitches from the PS2 Japanese version. Hence why they didn't do it for the Japanese Wii version since that was bug free (due to it coming out later).

Not to mention Kliff and Justice are said to be unchanged and just added that and those other features to make those who brought the PS2 version not feel like they are spending $15 extra for just bug fixes.

Though there are many diehard Guilty Gear fans that want this to come out.

I guess it's my fault for not specifying more.

Gunraidan

Look, it's still milking.

No matter how much you try to stick up for them, they're still milking it. I don't give a hoots if the Japanese version of Accent Core Plus fixes bugs. The bottom line is the North American version had no bugs and Kliff and Justice were left out when they could've been easily put in the game. This is why it's a rip off. This is why I'm ticked and that's my point. If you still don't get what I'm saying than I have no idea what you're reading when I write. Are you even reading my posts?

Anyway, I have no idea why you're defending them. Why do you keep bringing up the Japanese version and the bug issue?

The bottom line...I'm still disappointed and I will still feel short-changed. I can go on and on but this discussion is going nowhere.