I will never ever buy from EB game/gamespot again.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

So earlier this week I went to buy 2 used xbox game, then I went at my place, put the cd in and... doesn't work.

None of the 2 games I bought actually works, so I went back there, they replaced the cds.

I go back home to try the cds and they still doesn't work.

They should give me free of charge brand NEW cds of those 2 games(but eh, like they would)

I'm going back there thursday to get my money back and I'm never buying there again.

Anyone else had bad experiences like this?

MrHimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MrHimz
Member since 2007 • 378 Posts
Well, once I was buying one of the Pokemon games for the gamecube and when I got home, I opened the case and there was no case. It turns out they gave me the case from the wall. I went back and they gave me the game. I still shop at the stores though. Buying at those places is better then Best Buy, Walmart, or Target.
wmg1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#3 wmg1299
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts

I have never been a fan of gamestop. I only shop there is literally no one else in town has the game I want. The lack of quality control and emphasis on pre-orders and memberships have ruined what started out as a great concept.

Snipe_You_Out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Snipe_You_Out
Member since 2006 • 2707 Posts
Its hepppened to me before there as well >> Swap the CD's enough youll eventually get one that works:P
Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

Its hepppened to me before there as well >> Swap the CD's enough youll eventually get one that works:PSnipe_You_Out

Yeah but geez, I don't live next to the store...

Anofalye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Anofalye
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

I almost never say never.

But EBgames (local version of Gamespot if I understand well) is okay. It is far from perfect, but it is okay.

My worst experience with them was a pre-order, the game cost me $70 (Shattered Union) and then I see it at $29.99 at a competitor (big surface). I went back in store and cancel all my pre-orders. The seller complies and inquires why I was cancelling, I told him the difference of prices...he gasps, went to see it by himself, come back, apologize a lot, refund me the difference...but still...he removed the offending issues, never repairany hurt feelings(not that I expect them to).

I visit EBgames everytime I want a new game...however...at same price, I buy from their competitor...and I am not one for arguing, showing, or whatever. The big surface shop sells lot of other stuff, so they don't really care about their games, they put them in alleys and doesn't look back...but they often put huge discount. The big surface usually have lower prices or equal prices, so I usually buy there.

Gaming is my main expanse in life...and I am not an heavy buyer, but I dobuy a fairamount of games. I don't like used-games trading...mostly because these devs...they need to sell new game copies. If EBgames goes bankrupt by hoarding dozens of used games, not my problem. I really like hoarding games I enjoy anyway.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I've only used EB/Gamestop twice. Once at the Heathrow Airport, when I was bored and I had my GBA with me and a month ago I bought the Wii version of Guitar Hero 3. It was the only store that still had a copy.
Deflight289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deflight289
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts

My EB games store is flawless. We never had a problem there. And we don't have gamestop in our country. Well anyway....

This might be a bit off topic but our local Mcdonalds store forgets things ALL THE F***ING TIME!!! They forget our straws, serviettes, hell they even forgot our fries once.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Well, once I was buying one of the Pokemon games for the gamecube and when I got home, I opened the case and there was no case. It turns out they gave me the case from the wall. I went back and they gave me the game. I still shop at the stores though. Buying at those places is better then Best Buy, Walmart, or Target.MrHimz

Same thing happened when my uncle got Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. He hasn't bought a game from there since.

My worst experience would be last week when my local EB Games was so packed that I had to wait in line for over an hour to get in. The only game I found there that I wanted was Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I was close to buying it but then one of the employees ask me for ID since it's an M rated game. Unfortunately, I had no ID and had to put it back. :evil:

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
gamestop seems to think that surface scrach games will work for someone out there. i work at gamestop, and we get so many games sent to us from corp. office the have surface scrach and not one of those games that have been sold work. i say just ask to see the disk first, make sure theres no bad scraches on the sureface of the disk, and no deep ones on the back side
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Gamestop is terrible. I never go there. The place smells bad, they have poor customer service, they don't know what they're talking about, and their prices are too high.
summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts

Gamestop is terrible. I never go there. The place smells bad, they have poor customer service, they don't know what they're talking about, and their prices are too high. TrueReligion_

lol "the place smells bad". that's a good enough reason not to shop at a store. :)

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

So earlier this week I went to buy 2 used xbox game, then I went at my place, put the cd in and... doesn't work.

None of the 2 games I bought actually works, so I went back there, they replaced the cds.

I go back home to try the cds and they still doesn't work.

They should give me free of charge brand NEW cds of those 2 games(but eh, like they would)

Sliverwarrior

It's not the store's fault the games don't work. When you buy used merchandise you assume a certain amount of risk because people treat their games very poorly for the most part. As lomg as they are willing to give you different copies until you get working merchandise, they haven't done anything wrong and you certainly have no reason to quit going to their stores.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Gamestop is terrible. I never go there. The place smells bad, they have poor customer service, they don't know what they're talking about, and their prices are too high. TrueReligion_

I think its the employees that are the source of the bad smells. :lol:

Seriously though, yeah. I hate Gamestop. Their customer service is abysmal.