I wanna be a monster samurai

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I wish there was a game where you step into the sandals ( or clawed bare feet, rather ) of a creature samurai, preferably a ronin. With that concept set for the player character and the fantasy element that often follows traditional Japanese tales, this'd be a hell of a game. Being a character among men who has a lot to think about humans as both a monster AND warrior? That'd be a bonus in that it makes the game a xenofiction ( not human ) RPG. I'm a newcomer with the Unity game engine; maybe I'll give this a try. Ideas, ideas, ideas.

The Otogi games for the original Xbox is a near good example of what I'm talking about. Especially the sequel, Immortal Warriors. Two of the side characters are non-human monsters who follow The Path. One's a floating tree and the other's a wolf spirit. Yet you can't play as them. Go figure.

I wanna BE a character like this at the katana-slash of my controller, and at a button mash sequence where you go on all fours and tear humans apart. Would anyone else want a game like this, where you're a both a samurai and something horrifyingly badass?

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Nioh is coming soon so enjoy

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

Way of the Samurai game series is really good for being a good Samurai.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@yammireckorrdsan: No offense but that's not a game I'm looking for. The main character is completely human and looks like Pretty Boy fanservice. *puke*

I meant a game where you're a samurai AND an ugly as f*** monster. Imagine if Himura Kenshin looked like Godzilla or Bigfoot, and that's basically what I'm talking about.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

No, not really. Sounds weird.

Mortal74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mortal74
Member since 2017 • 52 Posts

I mentioned and talked about Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z in your other topic post.