I Hate That Most Fighting Games Don't Do This

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strider8009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Strider8009
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts

Put a 1 vs. 1 option for player matches in the online. I hate that the only option in that mode for most fighters is just the whole lobby system. It's fine as a option, but I don't like it as the only option for player match.

I dislike it for several reasons: 

1. The host would kick you out for winning too much (rage kicking). 

2. The host would kick you out for having a good, but not perfect, internet connection. 

3. The host, who just lost to the top guy, would kick you out to get another shot out at the guy he just lost to. 

MK9 offers the 1 vs. 1 option along with the king of the hill mode. I would say that MK9 is my favorite fighter from this gen, but the netcode is terrible. 

Why can't these companies get it right and offer a 1 vs. 1 mode for player matches? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

I can't remember seeing a recent fighting game that doesn't let you customize the room limit.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

I can't remember seeing a recent fighting game that doesn't let you customize the room limit.

syztem

This. And you could always be the host of your own room so that shit doesn't happen to you.

Strider8009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Strider8009
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts

[QUOTE="syztem"]

EnoshimaJunko

This. And you could always be the host of your own room so that shit doesn't happen to you.

There's problems with that as well. There's the whole waiting period that you have to go through, and some games like Capcom's lame re-releases, that don't let you costumized the room limit. 

1 vs. 1 is much better because all you have to do is hit the option and you're automacailly being matched up with somebody that you can rematch over and over again, until one of us leaves of course.Â