I got bored of videogames

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Oh My God. I never thought this was going to happen! This is a little of a shock to me since I spend 1300$ on a gaming pc last year, but oh well pc has hundreds of more things to do. The thing is that every game looks boring and the same crap, and after 1 hour or less, I get bored. The thing is that sometimes I feel a lot like gaming, but somehow my games dont satisfy me (and I have great titles like mass effect, half-life, team fortress, grand theft auto, world of warcraft) So is this a sign for me to look for a new hobby?

Esti3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Esti3
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

Just take a rest and keep an eye on good games.

There has been a lot of crap lately so that might be the problem, just play what you like and wait for good titles, and if you don't feel like playing just leave the pc alone for a while. Sooner or later you will find yourself gaming again.

Protip: Buy some good rated indie games, maybe they don't look like crysis but might be funner.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Blog it or go to OT, this doesn't really belong here. Don't know what else to say... Good luck finding something you like? I guess?

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

Video games are games that you like to play, if you're playing games you don't like playing then of course you wouldn't like video games anymore :P All i'm sayin is look for games that you're really into, it does seem like you need a new refresher, have an eye out for all the previews on gamespot, you might like something, who knows

Avatar image for BlackoutGunshot
BlackoutGunshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlackoutGunshot
Member since 2011 • 358 Posts
Bye. We'll miss you. Nah, for some people interest comes and goes with time - wait a few months, then test the waters again. I'm like that - I won't play for half a year, then I go crazy and buy fifty new games.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
and I have great titles like mass effect, half-life, team fortress, grand theft auto, world of warcrafttjricardo089
Now I think I know why you got tired of playing games
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

You really just need to find friends to play with. Just yesterday I played about an hour of the Witcher, got to Vizima (I know, not very far) looked at the quests that I should be doing, then I suddenly didn't want to play anymore. It just felt like work to me, so I shut it off and did something else.

But if a friend wants to play something over Skype, I'll jump to it right away.

Eray17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eray17
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

You can stop playing video games for awhile. My 360 broke in October, and I was getting pretty bored also. The reason I played was because I got Halo Reach. I still don't have a 360 but whenver I play it at a friends house, I want to keep playing. So leave video games alone for awhileor don'tplay as much. Then when you do play, they seem really fun.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes if you really have gotton bored of Videogames it is time to quit. You are officially finished.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I go through phases of this. Never more than a week or two, but sometimes taking some time to focus on different stuff does the trick.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Well people go through phases. Maybe you just need a break from them and then your love for video games will come back to you and you will be playing in no time.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Don't worry, you'll get interested again once E3 has began.
remanjot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 remanjot
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Watch movies. Many amazing games are coming this 2011.
ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

Get portal 2, all I have to say on the subject.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Play some older games that you really enjoyed in the past, or try out a genre you don't normally play.

Lord_Nuclear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lord_Nuclear
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

Oh My God. I never thought this was going to happen! This is a little of a shock to me since I spend 1300$ on a gaming pc last year, but oh well pc has hundreds of more things to do. The thing is that every game looks boring and the same crap, and after 1 hour or less, I get bored. The thing is that sometimes I feel a lot like gaming, but somehow my games dont satisfy me (and I have great titles like mass effect, half-life, team fortress, grand theft auto, world of warcraft) So is this a sign for me to look for a new hobby?

tjricardo089

Yep, time for a new hobby. If you get a strong urge to game, then maybe try expanding into a different genre.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]and I have great titles like mass effect, half-life, team fortress, grand theft auto, world of warcraftBlack_Knight_00
Now I think I know why you got tired of playing games

Lol...

Well Mass Effect 3's comin out :3

HCMBusiness_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HCMBusiness_89
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts
I've been in the same slump for the last 3 years. I stick around hoping I'll get back into, but no mater what I do I just get less and less interested. I picked up other hobbies which I'm much happier with right now. Some people just grow out of it and go onto better things sort of say. When I was 15-19 I always said they were crazy, but here I am now saying what they were. Do what makes you happy! :D
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I would say that you just need to take a break for a while. Probably not even that long, maybe a day or two. Sometimes it just happens out of nowhere, but I never stop playing games. When I get bored of games for a short while (due to playing too much, to be honest), I always just end up on games where you don't exactly need to do anything to progress. Examples of this would be Rock Band/Guitar Hero, Grand Theft Auto (just free roam, don't focus on the missions and drive around a bit and cause chaos), you get the idea. If that doesn't help, just focus on something else for a week or two, such as films/DVDs and after ignoring the games for a bit, you will more than likely want to come back quickly :).
Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

Get portal 2, all I have to say on the subject.

ImBananas
i was really bored with video games till i play portal 2.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I would suggest trying some other genres you didn't play much. If that doesn't work, then yeah, just try finding a new hobby I guess. Maybe later after a good break you may enjoy video games again, but maybe not. Just do what you enjoy doing.

McSquigee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 McSquigee
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts
Portal 2 is (surprise) awesomes. Albeit's longer than it's predecessor, it's still an incredibly short game :/ And bored of World of Warcraft? Impossible. Ok bored then, but that's a hard addiction to kick.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

I fell sorry for you, I really do.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

tjricardo089

Take a break.

Me? I haven't touched a game (crysis 2) since the month leading to the finals. I mean I had a short break after the midterms. But, I had to put gaming aside to concentrate on the finals. Now, I'm back to gaming. Maybe now I can finish Crysis 2.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Just bought "The Orange Box"... played TF2 for like 30min
... played Portal for 1 hour
... played Half-Life for 30min

It is official, I just can't stand playing a game for too much

chertoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 chertoo
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

it happens, just gotta figure out what else there is to do in life

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

tjricardo089

same thing happened to me a few months ago, luckily sschool kept me busy until i was drawn back in (by dragon age 2)

V-Act

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 V-Act
Member since 2005 • 660 Posts

People keep on whinening at me for playing old games. Well, now you know WHY I play the old goodies. They don´t get me bored. To be totaly honest on this topic. There are very few new titles out there that don´t bore me to hell...

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I look at it this way: I can either play a game in the evening or watch some crap on TV. Games would have to get ten times worse than they are before they would even be in the same ballpark as television.

erikp92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 erikp92
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

Have you ever tried a DoTA type game? I get like that too sometimes, but playing league of legends usually sets me straight haha. A lot of my friends play it with me, so its social nature and the fact that it's based on ~45 minute sessions keeps things fresh and interesting for me.

DavidianMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DavidianMH
Member since 2011 • 1458 Posts
A game that will peak your interest will come out eventually and you will come back, trust me.
Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

tjricardo089
It happens. I am not really into gaming as much as I used to, but it is still a little hobby of mine that I enjoy. If you get bored of gaming, you may want to take up other hobbies. For me, gaming isn't the only thing I do on my free time. I would go out and hang out with some people I know, I exercise a little bit, and I even take up story writing (which is something I haven't been doing for a good while). Also, you can play some old school games as well. You probably need a little reminder on why you like games so much, and what better way than to go retro. I am an old school gamer so I like to play old school shooters like Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and the likes. I also have a good amount of vintage consoles like the NES, the SNES and Playstation, just to name a few.
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

So. Many. Shooters. Try a genre you don't normally play.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e10fda5672e
deactivated-58e10fda5672e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-58e10fda5672e
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts

I go through the samething every once in a while. Just back off games for a bit and start doing some other hobbies.