How would you promote a game to the Australian market?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jobosayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jobosayo
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

I have always wondered how numerous games become the "trend" or the "game you have to play" when I have not been able to see marketing campaigns for some of the games (excluding the obvious ones like titanfall, bf, cod and so on who are obviously rich enough to push their way in). Anyone have any idea how game companies from overseas do that to nudge their way into the Australian market?

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

kangaroos and dingoes in the game.

jobosayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jobosayo
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

@stationplay_4: hahahaha spot on mate spot on

wortless-ho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wortless-ho
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I COULD be wrong, but in order to reach some players ("playas"):

1. Upload a demo or working game at sourceforge.net - sourceforge has just about 3000 projects in total in comparison with millions of users monthly. Guys using the search or browsing are likely to reach your game.

2. Put it on steampowered to be greenlit - not the best way if you're hoping to have quick $ as it takes months for steam to approve it i've heard.

3. Make it as app and put it on Amazon's appstore with free promotion

4. Pay $10k for ads on google adwords or facebook and advertise it something catchy like: "The first video game with real-world graphics" (hopefully your game is exactly that lol!

5. Ask politely gamespot, ign, pc magazine etc to review your game so their millions of readers will take a look.

6. Edit wikipedia pages with millions of visitors per month to include your title in the context.

Am i on the right track or not?? Currently working on a video game and while my task isn't to make $ but reach hundreds of thousands of players (ambitious i know...) i hope at least that my guesses above are correct. I am again a computer programmer and not a marketing genuis but surely there's some insight above?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

"It's not blood, it's raspberry jam... honest!"