How much is a copy of Mega Man 8 for the Sega Saturn worth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Mega Man 8, the first and only main series MM game released on 32-bit consoles, is also one of my favorite games in the series. The Sega Saturn version I hear is very rare and expensive, and probably the rarest Mega Man game in existance. The Saturn version has some exclusive content like exclusive bosses like Cutman and Woodman and I think Gutsman too, different music on Tengu Man's stage, and an exclusive art gallery, and this is because Capcom wanted Mega Man 8 to be exclusive to the Saturn but since Sony stepped in, that never happened. Anyway, I was just wondering how much the Sega Saturn version of Mega Man 8 is worth. Please let me know. Thanks!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/sega-saturn/mega-man-8
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

It sells used and complete on Ebay for around $100 these days. I will never understand why certain Megaman games are still worth so much when many exist as multiplats, or have been ported to various Megaman collection discs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#4 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

It sells used and complete on Ebay for around $100 these days. I will never understand why certain Megaman games are still worth so much when many exist as multiplats, or have been ported to various Megaman collection discs.

Shenmue_Jehuty
The Saturn version hasn't been ported to other systems and it wasn't used for the MM Anniversary Collection for PS2/GC. That's why it's very pricey.
Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

I'd say $80+ easy for a CIB US version, it goes into the 100s often. I thought Wily Wars/Mega World was supposed to be more rare though, or the Trone Bonne spin off if you count that.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

GSJones1994

The Saturn version hasn't been ported to other systems and it wasn't used for the MM Anniversary Collection for PS2/GC. That's why it's very pricey.

how is it different?

Avatar image for Admiral-lemnant
Admiral-lemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Admiral-lemnant
Member since 2013 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

how is it different?

Two of the bolts are boss fights with Woodman and Cutman heil. Also the picture is cleaner, the water effects are more realistic, the music is higher quality, it comes with a bonus mode in the main menu which if I remember, includes artwork and the game soundtrack.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

keep in mind , the prices you see are for complete in box or for slightly used copys , 

if your copy does not include the box ,  is all beat up i can see it selling for less then 20 , 

at a pawn definatelly  no way would any one pay 80 without an original case

now if yours is still in case in good condition 50-80 seams fair , 100 -110 for sealed copies ,  Â