How much humanity do/did you carry in Dark Souls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

So I found in Tomb of the Giants I can equip the gold serpent ring, kill a ton of those baby skeletons and get a lot of humanity. I know it improves defense and drop rate, how much should I carry with me? I had about 20 humanity on me but got knocked off a platform twice by a damn golem on my way down to the crystal cave. That's what sucks about carrying them, die twice and you lose them all.  How much did you carry on you in Dark Souls?

Also is there NO ONE online to play with, it sucks..I know the game came out a while back but I can't find anyone to invade, help me with bosses, etc..so the covenants especially seem pointless. I did find someone to help me kill the two bosses in the Tomb of the Giants but it took a while. 

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I carry very little - I found simply equipping that one ring to have much more of an effect on drop rates and then I didn't have to worry about dying and potentially losing all of that humanity. I only ever increased that count to kindle bonfires.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Pyromancy/Chaos weapons/drop rate bonuses cap at 10 humanity.

Seems to be no shortage of people playing on the PS3. I've been working towards the platinum trophy the last week or so.. no problems finding co-op, and I've been getting invaded within 5 minutes of turning human every time.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meatgrinderz

Thanks guys. Dunno why I'm having trouble finding people to play with, it seemed earlier in the game it was a lot easier to to find someone. I think theres something wrong with my connection because I get disconnected from xbox live every so often and that never used to happen. 

btw anyone have a favorite weapon for a sorcerer? I'm using the enchanted falchion +4 because it scales really highly with intelligence (mine is 48 right now)..I can't find a blue titanite slab to upgrade it any further though...anywhere!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

There's a blue slab in the Crystal Caves, and I think there's one somewhere in the Artorias content.

Also, stat scaling pretty much dies after 40. You need 50 int to use every sorcery, but it's not doing much of anything for your weapon anymore.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I usually carry about 10-20 (Soft) and maybe double that (consumable), But one of my characters is full-on NG+ co-op, so he walks around with 99 humanity because generally I only use him now when I'm in the mood for some co-op (which is often).

I'd like to help you out actually, but my characters are probably too high in level to interact, unless in your're in NG+ .

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meatgrinderz

no I'm not but I definitely plan a playthrough in NG+ after I beat the game. 

do you guys think I should invest in dexterity for my sorcerer? I heard it increases spell casting time which would be really useful, even if just for a fraction of a second would probably help. Right now it's at 19..I've mainly been dropping points in Vitality because my attunement is decently high, intelligence is high, and the others I''m not too worried about. my vitality right now is 30. 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i only carried what i got from multiplayer and messages, which is to say, very little. i kept the consumables safe in my inventory until i needed them for turning human or kindling. same for those "soul of a" items. and they don't improve defense, they improve your curse resistance.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

I typically carried 10 for farming.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Most I've had is five I think. It's a hugely rare item when you're offline, so I use it sparingly to kindle fires. Pretty much all the time.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meatgrinderz

i only carried what i got from multiplayer and messages, which is to say, very little. i kept the consumables safe in my inventory until i needed them for turning human or kindling. same for those "soul of a" items. and they don't improve defense, they improve your curse resistance.BrunoBRS
the wiki says they improve curse resistance and defense: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Humanity dunno how accurate it is

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i treat it like souls and spend every humanity point i can on bonfires. it lowers the risk of dieing and keeps me sane.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

When I first played the game I rarely had humanity on me. I wanted to complete the game by myself so there was little reason to invade or ask for help.

Now that I'm on something like New Game +++++ (I honestly forget) my humanity is around 40.

Geosisnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Geosisnl
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

In the beginning when I was new I didn't really carry any humanity, just used it when needed to kindle bonfires.

But later on it was mostly just 99 at all times for the added bonus to defenses.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i only carried what i got from multiplayer and messages, which is to say, very little. i kept the consumables safe in my inventory until i needed them for turning human or kindling. same for those "soul of a" items. and they don't improve defense, they improve your curse resistance.meatgrinderz

the wiki says they improve curse resistance and defense: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Humanity dunno how accurate it is

'

It also increases item drop rates.