How long does it take to finish Oblivion if difficulty is ZERO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6147b2292c2dd
deactivated-6147b2292c2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6147b2292c2dd
Member since 2004 • 1258 Posts

Ok, this is going to seam like a strange question. But here it goes. I have decided that its about time that I finish Oblivion. I played a whole lot of it back in 2006 and I want to finish it to both say I have finished it, and it get some of those achievements on my profile on xbox live. However, I really dont want to spend a lot of time with that game since in my mind I have moved on from it. I spent about 35 hours playing it last time on normal difficulty. I was wondering if I lower the difficulty to zero, how much time from the beggining would it take for me to finish the game? If anyone could answer this question, I would greatly appreciate it.

gonzalezj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gonzalezj1
Member since 2004 • 1965 Posts
I could be wrong, but as far as I understand it, the difficulty setting only alters the amount of damage inflicted/received. If that's the case, it shouldn't noticeably change game length.
Meejoe27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Meejoe27
Member since 2009 • 786 Posts

Close enough to make no real difference. If a speed run is your goal then you could skip almost all combat anyways.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I spent like 200 hours in the game.
PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
I don't know too much about how difficulty bar actually affects the diffculty but most of the game is exploring the landscape. So I don't think it would make to much difference.
sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#6 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts
If you're starting from having played it for 35 hours already, you should be able to do it in less than 4 hours. There really isn't much to the main quest. Just go to UESP.net and plan out where you need to go from where you are now.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Depends on how much you play it, eg if you teleport to every erea and you kill every enemy instantly and skip all dialogues, plus having a really high moving speed skill..... it doesnt take long.
Delphanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Delphanius
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

Don't know.Never tried.

crazboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazboy84
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

if your looking to get all the achievements which i think is 1250 that means you have to finish the fighters guild, the mages guild, the thiefs guild, the arena, the dark brother hood, the main quest, and the xpac. your looking at a minimum of 60 hours of playtime. i started working on it a few months ago, like you i wanted all the achievements. i had already beat the game once but it was on a non xbl account. i got about 40 to 50 hours in and about halfway thru and just lost interest. its a fun game but i play wow along with the new console games that come out so i really just dont have the time to invest.

by taking the difficulty to 0 you should be able to shave 10 hours or so off since you wont be to worried about lvling or power leveling. i just cant bring myself to do that and play on hard like i do everything else. its really an obsessive complusive thing its weird i feel compelled to beat games on hard mode at all times.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Ok, this is going to seam like a strange question. But here it goes. I have decided that its about time that I finish Oblivion. I played a whole lot of it back in 2006 and I want to finish it to both say I have finished it, and it get some of those achievements on my profile on xbox live. However, I really dont want to spend a lot of time with that game since in my mind I have moved on from it. I spent about 35 hours playing it last time on normal difficulty. I was wondering if I lower the difficulty to zero, how much time from the beggining would it take for me to finish the game? If anyone could answer this question, I would greatly appreciate it.

OmegaWeapon9

The game never ends, per se, you just finish the Main Quest.

All the Difficulty Slider does is control how much damage a NPC does to your character, and how much damage they can take. Melee would be over faster, but the game never actually ends because it is an Open-Ended RPG.:)

IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

I spent like 200 hours in the game.Allicrombie

Awesome. I spent 202 hours, 31 minutes. I can proudly say that I finished every single bit of content. All the daedric quests, every side-quest (including guild quests), main quests, and pretty much every dungeon, shrineand arena. The whole nine yards. Now i'm just a death-defying maniac. And I still play like crazy.

No wonder the game freezes up on me often (I have a PS3, and yes, I finished KOTN).

Now, when you say finish Oblivion, do you mean the main quest? It will make it easier, and there is no such thing as "difficulty = 0". Like from the start of the game, powerful enemies will remain powerful, and weak enemies will remain weak, its just tipping the scales a little. I always played on normal, though, but the fact that now two goblins can beat the **** out of me is crazy.

Pwnage_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Pwnage_Dragon
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

I don't really finish the game, I just kind of get into it far enough that the oblivion gates open up all over the place and do my own thing from then on.

Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

Not too long if it's just the achievements you'r after.