How is the multiplayer in Motorstorm and RFOM??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Viper-snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Viper-snake
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts
I'am considering buying the PS3 bundle that comes with these 2 games. So what do you guys think, how is the multiplayer like? Oh and what DSL speed is considered sufficiant to play the game without any lag?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Resistance has excellent multiplayer for sure.  Motorstorm isn't bad, but for me, that game's loading times ruin most of the fun you can have with it after a while.  I never experienced any lag in Resistance, but Motorstorm had some.
Viper-snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Viper-snake
Cool. What is your connection speed and does Motorstorm really has that much loading times? Like how long until a level loads?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I've got cable internet, I'm not sure how fast it is, but it is pretty good.  I can't remember for sure how long Motorstorm's load times are, as I have since sold the game, but there is a long load screen for the vehicle select screen, and then an even longer one to load up the actual race.  I want to say it takes atleast a minute to get into a race, and it might be longer.  Don't get me wrong, it is a very fun game.  It just gets annoying waiting for it.

Viper-snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Viper-snake
Ic. Thanks.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Rragnar's right about the load times, but I love Motorstorm online anyway. It runs smoothly with 12 players at once (irregardless of the vehicles people choose) which is twice as many racers as any other console racer I have played (okay, the other console racers I have played online are Forza and Burnout).

I haven't spent much time with MS post-Warhawk though and judging by number of matches going at any given time (always a decent amount of people, but nowhere near what it was) a lot of people are in the same boat. I think the community would be stronger if additional tracks had come out faster.

I traded in Resistance a while ago. It runs well with 40 people running around, but back in those days I was a deathmatch only guy, and deathmatches were too insane for me (nowadays I prefer team play).

Viper-snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Viper-snake
Well, the load times dont seem like a big problem, I mean I wont buy the bundle just because MS has long loading times. Oh, and playing a game with 40 people seems very interesting. I wonder if my 2M connection speed would be adequate?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Well, the load times dont seem like a big problem, I mean I wont buy the bundle just because MS has long loading times. Oh, and playing a game with 40 people seems very interesting. I wonder if my 2M connection speed would be adequate?Viper-snake

If you are looking for online play, I strongly recommend Warhawk. Its a mere 32 players online at once, but the online play is really smooth and its a popular game, so there is always a game of any given type about to open up.I've logged about 60 hours into it. The community is good in that team killers are very, very rare (in ranked games anyway).

Viper-snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Viper-snake
Ok. Thanks for your help!