Heavy Rain PS3 freezing problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

Hi all, so I own a first gen fat ps3 system and just ordered a brand new sealed copy of Heavy Rain the Directors cut off Amazon. Already while playing it the game has frozen 2X. Once giving me that infamous "black screen of death." I dont want to play it again bc i hate to have to replay sections i am in the middle of. I just started the game and am only passed the prologue, now in the 1st chapter Father and Son section. What can i do to fix this? Will calling Sony directly help? Can they give me a new copy of the game and will that even help? Any advice id appreciate, thanks

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Did you patch?
metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

No, i guess not. The game just installed on its own. I played through an additional chapter with no issues, the second freeze may not have been the game, but my system has frozen b4 when its too hot or warm in the room. Ill see if it happens again. I also downloaded the DLC with no problems

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No, i guess not. The game just installed on its own. I played through an additional chapter with no issues, the second freeze may not have been the game, but my system has frozen b4 when its too hot or warm in the room. Ill see if it happens again. I also downloaded the DLC with no problems

metalgrinch
If you are playing while connected to the internet it means the game has patched, otherwise it would boot you off the internet and let you play offline Only thing you can do would be to delete the game data (keep the saves) and patch data and try playing without patching. If that fails try patching again. Another suggestion (if you're a PS+ subscriber) would be to play the game up to the point where it freezes on you at a friend's house using your account, if you know anyone who has a different PS3 model, then if you make it past the point where it freezes, upload the save to the cloud and recover it at home on your own PS3. Fiddly, I know, but it's a last resort.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
The patch was primarily to add Move support - so both the Move edition and Director's Cut should already contain the patch. I think there was supposed to be freezing issues with the original unpatched game - though I played it through unpatched without an issue - so its not something that affects everyone.