Has Capcom pissed off all of their fans yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Mega Man - Canceled Legends 3 and blamed the fans, then proceeded to cancel every other MM project and let the series stagnate for years now.

DMC - Decided to reboot the series for no apparent reason, then handed the series off to a bunch of talentless hacks, possibly killing the series.

Resident Evil - Resident Evil 6

Lost Planet - Keeps making progressively worse sequels while also handing the series off to a shitty western developer to kill it. Then refusing to localize E.X. Troopers despite fans of the series actually wanting it because it actually plays like Lost Planet and is fun and interesting.

Street Fighter - Keeps releasing broken, blatantly unbalanced updates to the game, then keep fans waiting months before finally fixing it.

All of their other IP's they've let stagnate for years now despite people loving them and wanting more.

Their shitty DLC practices.

About the only one I can think of that they haven't shit on the fans yet as far as I know is Monster Hunter.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Capcom is doing a good job still.

No one actually cares much about Megaman. It's not a high priority for Capcom since it has NEVER sold the numbers they would want from it.

Capcom actually shows more interest in older DMC games. The DLC for Sengoku Basara had two DMC costumes for DMC4 Dante for Masamune, and DMC3 Vergil for Mitsunari.

RE6 is a good game. RE5 is a good game. 3rd and 1st best selling Capcom games respectively. The fans want more games like them. At least that's what the sales show.

E.X. Troopers plays nothing like Lost Planet. Have you even SEEN the game?

For Street Fighter, any updates beyond initial versions aren't really made to bring in new people, at least not in large amounts. They are literally for the competitive players. SF4 has receive a lot of support that Capcom doesn't even need to give it, and the balance is a bit iffy in some areas, but expecting a perfectly balanced game is unreasonable. You know what would be a perfectly balanced game? Ryu vs Ryu. Even Chess has a top and bottom tier.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It is a different company with a different philosophy. Those golden years have been gone for a long time now.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Yet? That happened long ago, I barely even give Capcom a glancing thought these days

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#6 woomar
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

Why does everyone consider RE 6 in particular to be bad ? Resident Evil 4,5,6 are great games , but i don't consider them part of the series , for me the series ended at RE 3 or Code Veronica.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44168 Posts

I still love them. While I do prefer the previous DMC games the last one was still a pretty good game. I really like Resident Evil 6 myself. Street Fighter 4 is a fantastic game and I feel that Capcom's support of it has been top notch. Capcom is one of my all-time favourite developers.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

ur opinion and judging by total sale no not pissed

As for DMC, the game play was fine, its the aesthetics. Dante is supposed to be a cheeky annoying badass with lame jokes. Now he is an emo tween yeah OK some people will not accept certain changes.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't have a problem with what they're doing with Street Fighter. Mega Man is another story... but I'm not angry at them like a lot of other fans are.

I don't care about their other franchises, except for maybe Power Stone and Strider, and the latter just got a new game.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

RE5 is awesome. I still play Mercs mode to this day. Dragon's Dogma has some major issues but I put probably 100+ hours into it and enjoyed my stay. Street Fighter is an amazing fighting game. I don't wtf the OP is on about. Marvel is good as well. My favorite game to watch and one that's fun to play.

They've done right by me this gen. No complaints other than RE6 which I did not enjoy... not even Mercs mode which is the only thing I had hoped to enjoy out of it.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pffrbt

@OneSanitarium: "Capcom is doing a good job still."
Then why are they having trouble financially and under constant criticism and releasing crappy games for their major series.

"No one actually cares much about Megaman."
Except for the tons of people that clearly do.

"RE6 is a good game."
It really isn't, and I'm saying this as someone that generally likes the game.

"The fans want more games like them. At least that's what the sales show."
Sales aren't necessarily indicative of what fans want more of. Otherwise no one would be disappointed in any game ever.

"E.X. Troopers plays nothing like Lost Planet. Have you even SEEN the game?"
I've played the game, it plays a lot more like Lost Planet than Lost Planet 3 does.

"For Street Fighter, any updates beyond initial versions aren't really made to bring in new people"
No one said they were.

"They are literally for the competitive players."
The competitive players generally hate these until Capcom finally decides to fix their game after having consumers beta test it for them.

"but expecting a perfectly balanced game is unreasonable."
Expecting a game where the balance isn't outright broken isn't unreasonable.

@woomar said:

Why does everyone consider RE 6 in particular to be bad ?

Horrible, mind-numbing pacing. Constant abuse of terrible QTE's. Tons of bizarre design choices that make the game incredibly monotonous and joyless to play.

@notorious1234na said:

Sales don't necessarily indicate whether or not people are pissed. Also, DmC and Lost Planet 3 had horrible sales.

"As for DMC, the game play was fine, its the aesthetics."
The gameplay was awful as well as the aesthetics.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

NOSTALGIA.... For Men ! :)

its a very strong fragrance.....

ivo_ree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By ivo_ree
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

@Pffrbt:

Don't forget how they screwed up with Bionic Commando in 2009.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

They're still in business so I'd assume not.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I think the new DMC is the best one!! Capcom has not pissed me off, but I usually don't keep track of what they are doing

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

It's hard to piss off masochists.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Capcom is in terrible shape. They are borderline bankrupt, and shareholders seem open to the idea of a merger or sale. What's really amazing is that even now they keep leaving money on the table in so many ways... easy money too.

I just chalk that up to the usual bizzare and random/out of touch behavior most Japanese game companies exhibit.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pffrbt

@gregbmil said:

I think the new DMC is the best one!!

It's worse than every other game in the series save for DMC2. How is it the best one?

@Randolph said:
I just chalk that up to the usual bizzare and random/out of touch behavior most Japanese game companies exhibit.

Not anymore than a lot of western game companies really. Probably less.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Notorious1234NA

Capcom's situation isn't as serious and only sheep take what they read in video game articles seriously. Half of these writers know jack shit about business practices and pass off information as if they are experts on the topic. You should keep in mind that more often than we would like, most journalists are non-stem majors. You don't ask a dentists to replace your bathtub if it breaks right? Likewise, only journalists who specialize in the industry should be allowed to write articles.

Anyway, answer is always in units-sales-cost. Follow the money people and this is literally common sense. Capcom didn't just shit away $1B sales on cocaine and hookers. The $150m most likely represents the net income after deducting all operating costs, SG&A, and whatever bullshit costs. Moreover, there RnD or whatever they call it is probably high as **** too. As I stated earlier, sales indicate otherwise. Fans ARE happy and $1B in sales nothing to sneeze at no matter what industry. Haven't looked at Capcoms financials, but most likely the $1B they made in sales is either in their pockets or COGS too high. My guess the issue is both as that seems to be the trend nowadays:

• Milk employees and customers.
  • Keep all profits upstairs.
  • Then corporate executives say "trickle down" sure LMFAO

Jeez no wonder people don't take gamers seriously and probably never will. Capcom will always remain bankrupt unless executives stop being greedy, lower operation costs, and find cheaper ways to distribute/ develop their products. Also, if I recall none of Capcom's games reached target sales including RE so that just shows Capcom needs innovation now more than ever. What they don't need is SSF4 Super Duper Ultra Deluxe Edition 9000 and pay the exorbitant costs to develop and distribute western titles that don't sell "cough" MvC3. Lastly, Capcom owns numerous blockbusters that arguably will never die aka Mega Man. Therefore, they have the means to generate tens to 100s of millions in short notice.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pffrbt

@notorious1234na: Nothing in that word diarrhea of a post makes much sense.

"As I stated earlier, sales indicate otherwise. Fans ARE happy"
No, they aren't.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'm pretty sure they did most of that with RE5. I don't hate them but they've gone downhill a bit recently.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Honestly, the only game I'm interested in seeing from Capcom at this point is Dragon's Dogma 2.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#25 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I will not give up hope for their sake. I will be playing the latest Phoenix Wright at some point.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

RE 5 RE 6 RE revelations all garbage for me i hope capcom make new begining of the new gen i miss onimusha DMC RE dino crisis old school gameplay please cparcom

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Last game I played of theirs was RE Revelations and that was enjoyable...oh and Street fighter 4 for free if that counts but I havent put any time into it really.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

DMC - Decided to reboot the series for no apparent reason, then handed the series off to a bunch of talentless hacks, possibly killing the series.

@notorious1234na said:

As for DMC, the game play was fine, its the aesthetics. Dante is supposed to be a cheeky annoying badass with lame jokes. Now he is an emo tween yeah OK some people will not accept certain changes.

Okay, DMC runs around a 85-86 on Metacritic.. I know a lot of devs that would love to be 'a bunch of talentless hacks" to get those types of review scores. And Dante is a emo tween? Perhaps that word doesn't mean what you think it does, So he's between 10-12 years old in the game? I haven't played it yet, so I am not sure but I am wondering?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

Street Fighter - Keeps releasing broken, blatantly unbalanced updates to the game, then keep fans waiting months before finally fixing it.

This is completely false.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pffrbt

@MethodManFTW said:

Sorry but it's completely true. Yun and Yang were completely broken when they came out, and were drastically overpowered until they were finally patched. Your only hope of winning in any tournaments were to play these characters. Decapre is completely broken and overpowered as well, and one of her attacks causes the game's framerate to drop badly.

@dotWithShoes said:

Okay, DMC runs around a 85-86 on Metacritic.

I don't care. The game is awful and Ninja Theory is incompetent in nearly every aspect of the game.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

They still have the Street Fighter fans. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 was perhaps one of the most balanced fighters ever created. We have yet to see how Ultra pans out.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Notorious1234NA

@dotWithShoes said:

@Pffrbt said:

@notorious1234na said:

Okay, DMC runs around a 85-86 on Metacritic.. I know a lot of devs that would love to be 'a bunch of talentless hacks" to get those types of review scores. And Dante is a emo tween? Perhaps that word doesn't mean what you think it does, So he's between 10-12 years old in the game? I haven't played it yet, so I am not sure but I am wondering?

No hes I think in early 20s or 18?

Dante was always created with the intent to attract their core fan base who happen to fit mainly the teen demographic. This goes for all Dante games, but this reimagination was by far the worst when compared to the previous versions. The older Dantes were more gruff in appearance.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

@dotWithShoes said:

No hes I think in early 20s or 18?

Dante was always created with the intent to attract their core fan base who happen to fit mainly the teen demographic. This goes for all Dante games, but this reimagination was by far the worst when compared to the previous versions. The older Dantes were more gruff in appearance.

So you misspelled teen when you put tween, right? Or are you implying the game was focused at 10-12 year olds?

@Pffrbt So you completely ignore what the rest of the the world thinks, to fit your own personal agenda and believe the rest of the world should believe what you do because it's what you believe?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pffrbt

@dotWithShoes said:

So you completely ignore what the rest of the the world thinks, to fit your own personal agenda and believe the rest of the world should believe what you do because it's what you believe?

Should I pretend an awful game is great because some critics rated it highly to spite the fans who rightfully thought it looked like shit.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MethodManFTW

@Pffrbt said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Sorry but it's completely true. Yun and Yang were completely broken when they came out, and were drastically overpowered until they were finally patched. Your only hope of winning in any tournaments were to play these characters. Decapre is completely broken and overpowered as well, and one of her attacks causes the game's framerate to drop badly.

@dotWithShoes said:

Okay, DMC runs around a 85-86 on Metacritic.

I don't care. The game is awful and Ninja Theory is incompetent in nearly every aspect of the game.

Sorry dude but you are completely wrong. Yun and Yang were strong sure, but did they win Evo? No. Did they win every major, or even a majority of them? No. Strong characters, sure, but it's never been such a huge difference that a strong player can't overcome. And you are incorrect about Decapre too.. Haven't played Ultra on PS3 but there are no frame rate slowdowns on 360 at all.. I also have it pre-ordered on PC, sure there won't be any slowdown there either. I'm curious, do you even play the game?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pffrbt

@MethodManFTW: "Yun and Yang were strong sure,"
So they're unbalanced. Even Ono admitted they were drastically overpowered.

"but did they win Evo? No. Did they win every major, or even a majority of them? No."
Were they massively overused by everyone hoping to stay competitive because these characters were ridiculously overpowered? Yes.

"Strong characters, sure, but it's never been such a huge difference that a strong player can't overcome."
It's such a huge difference there was no real reason to play anyone else over a character that's capable of canceling everyone else out.

"And you are incorrect about Decapre too."
I'm not.

"there are no frame rate slowdowns on 360 at all."
Actually, there are.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@dotWithShoes said:

So you completely ignore what the rest of the the world thinks, to fit your own personal agenda and believe the rest of the world should believe what you do because it's what you believe?

Should I pretend an awful game is great because some critics rated it highly to spite the fans who rightfully thought it looked like shit.

Where is your proof of this?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pffrbt

@GreySeal9 said:

Jim Sterling's review and literally every other review that comments on fans disliking it because of Dante's hair color. Are you people honestly trying to defend such an insufferably bad game.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GreySeal9

@Pffrbt said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Jim Sterling's review and literally every other review that comments on fans disliking it because of Dante's hair color. Are you people honestly trying to defend such an insufferably bad game.

That is not proof that critics rated it highly to spite fans. So again, where is your proof?

As for your second comment, I haven't played the game, but you really need to grow up and learn how to handle differing opinions.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pffrbt

@GreySeal9: "That is not proof that critics rated it highly to spite fans."
It is though, because there's no way anyone would rate this shit highly otherwise. Also, you must not be familiar with Jim Sterling.

"you really need to grow up and learn how to handle differing opinions."
No. I think I'm done with that milquetoast "all opinions are valid" shit.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GreySeal9

@Pffrbt said:

@GreySeal9: "That is not proof that critics rated it highly to spite fans."

It is though, because there's no way anyone would rate this shit highly otherwise. Also, you must not be familiar with Jim Sterling.

"you really need to grow up and learn how to handle differing opinions."

No. I think I'm done with that milquetoast "all opinions are valid" shit.

And I think I'm done arguing with a child. Should've known better.

Anyway, I'll just sum up this exchange with a relevant pic:

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MethodManFTW

@Pffrbt said:

@MethodManFTW: "Yun and Yang were strong sure,"

So they're unbalanced. Even Ono admitted they were drastically overpowered.

"but did they win Evo? No. Did they win every major, or even a majority of them? No."

Were they massively overused by everyone hoping to stay competitive because these characters were ridiculously overpowered? Yes.

"Strong characters, sure, but it's never been such a huge difference that a strong player can't overcome."

It's such a huge difference there was no real reason to play anyone else over a character that's capable of canceling everyone else out.

"And you are incorrect about Decapre too."

I'm not.

"there are no frame rate slowdowns on 360 at all."

Actually, there are.

I see the one question you didn't answer was if you play it, which is obviously no because of all the things you are wrong about that you seen so certain about... But it looks like you just don't play fighting games at all by the way you are talking. Sure, the game isn't 100% perfectly balanced, nearly no fighting games are, because it isn't fun. Name a fighting game that is 100% balanced (save for secret character Gouki)... X-Men Children of the Atom. And that game sucked.

I've played hundreds-thousands of hours of Street Fighter IV and watched certainly thousands of hours of it. There is no slow down, period. You can say there is all you want, but you won't be able to provide proof, because it does not exist.

And what has Decapre won? Rufus is a very mid-tier character yet he has probably won the most majors in the US.. According to Japanese tier lists Yun is S tier by himself in Ultra, didn't come to close to winning Evo though.

I know you are sad about Capcom, but leave games you know nothing about out of it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

. As I stated earlier, sales indicate otherwise. Fans ARE happy

Untrue. Just because a game sells a million of copies, that doesn't mean that every fan in the world is happy about the latest installment.

I'm going to drag in Call Of Duty to make my point here. Just because that franchise sells over a billion copies in the world, it doesn't mean it's that good of a game or that people are completely happy with it. I've heard people bitch and complain about certain multiplayer aspects, like the killstreak being broken or how buggy it can get during multiplayer matches, such as one opponent shooting the other all the way across from the other match AS THE GAME STARTS. So please, do not sit there and say "Oh, sales say that fans are happy." Don't. That's a flat-out lie and you know it!