Halo, the most overrated game of all time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts

Now, before I start my rant, mods, you cannot lock this thread.I see other threads ranting about other games, yet they don't get closed. I know most of you mods are halo fans, but criticizing videogames are allowed on this board, halo or any other game.

1. The lack of originality and new gameplay. You play as superman and take on an entire alien race by yourself with next to no assistance. The aliens are carrying plasma weaponry, humans have regular bullets. Bazooka, assault rifle, and thier alien counterparts.

2. Story is bad. Like above, the story is not really original as aliens invade earth and you are the only one that can stop them. Basically, Master Chief was like a child (say 8 years old) when he was kidnapped from his home and brought to a military base (and sowere thousands of other children)where he was given drugs and such to become a supersoldier. First off, what is Master Chief's motive for fighting the aliens? His entire life was robbed from him, which I mean he would never get married, have kids, go to work, etc. Not to mention that he had to go through multiple experiments like huge doses of steriods to make him run faster, have better vision, etc. And, why would the army do such an inhumane thing? Most of the trst subjects were crippled for life or had gotten really ill, or even died.

3. the game is over hyped. everywhere I go kids are screaming halo 3.

4. The game makers are lazy. Halo 1 was like Half Life 0.5. halo 2 was Halo 1.2. Halo 3 was Halo 1.5. nothing new from one game to the other. In halo 2 you had dual weilding and cars can now be destroyed. Halo 3, bubble shield or something. but the game still gets huge sales and reviews because of over hyped.

5. gameplay is horrible. every level of halo felt exactly the same, go in, gun some people down, do it again. And occasionally, you might get to drive a vehicle. Online is basically about getting the biggest gun, so the person with a sniper or bazzooka will always kill you.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Congratulations! I think you are the first person to post this thread in November!
newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts

Now, before I start my rant, mods, you cannot lock this thread.I see other threads ranting about other games, yet they don't get closed. I know most of you mods are halo fans, but criticizing videogames are allowed on this board, halo or any other game.

1. The lack of originality and new gameplay. You play as superman and take on an entire alien race by yourself with next to no assistance. The aliens are carrying plasma weaponry, humans have regular bullets. Bazooka, assault rifle, and thier alien counterparts.

2. Story is bad. Like above, the story is not really original as aliens invade earth and you are the only one that can stop them. Basically, Master Chief was like a child (say 8 years old) when he was kidnapped from his home and brought to a military base (and sowere thousands of other children)where he was given drugs and such to become a supersoldier. First off, what is Master Chief's motive for fighting the aliens? His entire life was robbed from him, which I mean he would never get married, have kids, go to work, etc. Not to mention that he had to go through multiple experiments like huge doses of steriods to make him run faster, have better vision, etc. And, why would the army do such an inhumane thing? Most of the trst subjects were crippled for life or had gotten really ill, or even died.

3. the game is over hyped. everywhere I go kids are screaming halo 3.

4. The game makers are lazy. Halo 1 was like Half Life 0.5. halo 2 was Halo 1.2. Halo 3 was Halo 1.5. nothing new from one game to the other. In halo 2 you had dual weilding and cars can now be destroyed. Halo 3, bubble shield or something. but the game still gets huge sales and reviews because of over hyped.

5. gameplay is horrible. every level of halo felt exactly the same, go in, gun some people down, do it again. And occasionally, you might get to drive a vehicle. Online is basically about getting the biggest gun, so the person with a sniper or bazzooka will always kill you.

stevendiep_100

Although I do agree with alot of your points (except 4, not the game designers fault) Your post seems like a fanboy rant and the fact that you mention Halo as a Half Life 0.5, and your sig, just makes you look like a fanboy.

Anyways I have my reasons why I don't get how people could possibly think this game as an important step in console fps', let alone fps' in general. but I won't mention them because it would be very long, I'd be flamed, and this thread won't last long.

Let's just say I give the Halo series in general a 7.5 out of 10

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Oh, I think you'll find out that we can close it, and that's exactly what I'll do now. The post just comes off as nothing but flamebait, and there's not much good that can come out of it, if anything.