This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kieren-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kieren-_-
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts
Do people still play it and is it worth buying?
Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

I very much enjoyed Guild Wars 2.  I didn't play it much because I am busy with other things (mainly streaming console games), but since it has no monthly subscription I am in no rush.  I can come and go with it as I please.  :)  It is a great game though, especially if you have a pc that can really run it well.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
Yes it's really worth buying. Because there are no fees the only money you spend is on the disk, the microtransaction store works with gems, these gems can be bought with real money (CC or a card on retail) or Gold that you make in game. Personally I have several gem store items and I've never spend a real cent in them, also it's worth to say this items are cosmetic or just a curiosity (right now there are kites on sale that do nothing besides the look for example). A word of advise don't try to play this like other MMOs *cof*WoW*cof* don't worry about leveling because everything you do will get you exp, and lots of it. So don't skip on low level areas for example. Also, forget the end game content mentality, GW2 is to be enjoyed from the start, and Legendary weapons aren't end game content, you're not "spouse" to get one after you hit level 80. Before anything, a legendary weapon (that costs about 1500 gold) has the same stats as a 4 gold one, why? because they're just cosmetic, a prestige item really designed for glory seekers and people that actually don't mind grinding.
afterworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 afterworld
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I still pop in every now and then. I really like the combat in the game and I can't get it anywhere else. I especially enjoy the exploration of the world and the art design. It's so nice to hang around in the world. I like doing the random group quests on the map.