Greatest Bad Ass Video Game Character of All Time!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

i need everyones help for this. i want to know who people think is the greatest video game "badass" of all time. not best hero or villian or anything like that. straight up, bad ass.

i am undecided as or right now, but lets see what you all think!

Gammet25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Gammet25
Member since 2009 • 1064 Posts

i thought Nero and Dante from Devil May Cry 4 was pretty bad ass. But then again there's all those dudes from the GTA series.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Duke Nukem hands down.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Auron from FFX. The first time you see him in the game you think to yourself "wow, that is one badass mother****er". Then he just keeps getting more badass from there. Giant monster destroying an entire city? Meh, just another boring day in Auron's life. Why is his arm in a sling, is it injured? No, he just doesn't feel like using it. One arm is more than enough to kill you, and both you and him know it. Enemy is covered in ten foot thick armor? Auron doesn't even notice. Auron's dead? That's just a hardship for him, a learning experience if you will. Hell, he doesn't even think much about it. When your party finally finds out that he's an unsent Auron just goes "what? Didn't I tell you guys? No? Well, now you know". This is to say nothing of the way he goes out at the end of the game.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Leon S. Kennedy.
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Remora133
Leon S. Kennedy.alphamale1989
really? out of every character, ever? i dont think so
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Auron from FFX. The first time you see him in the game you think to yourself "wow, that is one badass mother****er". Then he just keeps getting more badass from there. Giant monster destroying an entire city? Meh, just another boring day in Auron's life. Why is his arm in a sling, is it injured? No, he just doesn't feel like using it. One arm is more than enough to kill you, and both you and him know it. Enemy is covered in ten foot thick armor? Auron doesn't even notice. Auron's dead? That's just a hardship for him, a learning experience if you will. Hell, he doesn't even think much about it. When your party finally finds out that he's an unsent Auron just goes "what? Didn't I tell you guys? No? Well, now you know". This is to say nothing of the way he goes out at the end of the game.

gameguy6700

That and his speech before fighting Yunalesca was epic, and that one of his over limits involved drinking a jug of what I'll just guess was some alcoholic beverage, spitting it at the enemy, and then attacking them.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gameguy6700

Leon S. Kennedy.alphamale1989

Let me guess, you've only played RE4 right?

I only say that because I can't imagine how anyone could think Leon is a badass after playing RE2. Up until RE4 he was RE's wimpiest character. He was to Resident Evil what Tidus was to Final Fantasy. Leon spends the whole of RE2 freaking out and being really sensitive, chasing after a woman he has a schoolboy crush on (and who, btw, doesn't give a **** about him and is only using him), and even spends half the game limping around after getting shot by yet another woman.

MassEffect2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 MassEffect2
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

Phoenix from GEARS OF WAR

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameguy6700

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

DJ-Lafleur

That and his speech before fighting Yunalesca was epic, and that one of his over limits involved drinking a jug of what I'll just guess was some alcoholic beverage, spitting it at the enemy, and then attacking them.

Oh yeah, that speech is definitely the most memorable line out of that game. And that overdrive you're talking about doesn't just have him spitting alcohol at an enemy. It has him spitting alcohol at an enemy and then lighting it on fire and creating a 200 ft fire tornado.

Also, just to add about the Yunalesca fight, he becomes even more badass when you consider the fact that he already tried fighting her once before and died within five seconds, and yet he doesn't even hesitate to go at her again.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]Leon S. Kennedy.gameguy6700

I only say that because I can't imagine how anyone could think Leon is a badass after playing RE2. Up until RE4 he was RE's wimpiest character. He was to Resident Evil what Tidus was to Final Fantasy. Leon spends the whole of RE2 freaking out and being really sensitive, chasing after a woman he has a schoolboy crush on (and who, btw, doesn't give a **** about him and is only using him), and even spends half the game limping around after getting shot by yet another woman.

Yeah you're right, I didn't know that. It really does detract from his awesomeness. He was really badass in RE4 though. Degeneration and Darkside Chronicles too although to a lesser extent.
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
COLE TRAIN. Gears of War. If you disagree, please observe the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM1unPJ6N00
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts

gameguy6700
I agree. That guy is win. :D
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Remora133
COLE TRAIN. Gears of War. If you disagree, please observe the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM1unPJ6N00Adam_the_Nerd
i do agree cole is a champ, but idk about bad ass of all time
BadLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BadLegend
Member since 2009 • 318 Posts
Snake 4 the win,Gamespot should make a poll on this
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

The I block from Tetris.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Geralt of Rivia. He fist fights with monsters three times his size.
HellishKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 HellishKratos
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

Kratos hands down, he rips the arms off his enemies and then beats them to death with it. He came back from the depths of Hades and Tartarus to kill gods and the Fates. Not many other characters can call themselves god-killers.

pinoyplayer25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pinoyplayer25
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

kratos lol...he breaks any part of someones body

mario he spits fire and stomps a mushroom half his size flat and breaks a brick with his head

BotZakafein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 BotZakafein
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

GTA is full of badasses... but Auron is just atotal jerk and **** :)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Guess I'll have to toss the old Doom Guy into the ring. Reason is quite simple, He alone battles demonic hordes through a base on the moon, discovers that is hangs over Hell and makes his way down to hell itself, combat the overwhelming forces in hell and takes down one of it's greatest Demon warriors. Afterwards he find his way to Earth, realize the demons are rampaging through Earth aswell, Helps the remaining people of earth escape and is left alone on Earth with the hellish forces. Once again goes back into hell after fighting on Earth itself where he fights and kills a great demon and saves Earth. If that isn't badass then I don't know what is. =P
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

One name: Blazkowicz :!:

1wingedangel45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 1wingedangel45
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
My top bad ass character would have to be Commander Shepard, simply because I played a lot of Mass Effect. Think about how he/she became a Spectre candidate. Had he/she not held off the Skyllian Blitz, survived the thresher maw on Akuze, or destroyed the batarian base on Torfan at the cost of his/her unit (depending on which backstory you picked for Shepard), he/she wouldn't be as special as he/she is supposed to be. Although, when you think about it, bad assery depends on your knowledge and skills with certain weapons and abilities, whether it's ranged, heavy, or light, as well as how you can master your environment and against certain enemy types. But even then, Shepard pwns everyone else.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Guess I'll have to toss the old Doom Guy into the ring. Reason is quite simple, He alone battles demonic hordes through a base on the moon, discovers that is hangs over Hell and makes his way down to hell itself, combat the overwhelming forces in hell and takes down one of it's greatest Demon warriors. Afterwards he find his way to Earth, realize the demons are rampaging through Earth aswell, Helps the remaining people of earth escape and is left alone on Earth with the hellish forces. Once again goes back into hell after fighting on Earth itself where he fights and kills a great demon and saves Earth. If that isn't badass then I don't know what is. =PTreflis

Just to add a bit more, Hell told him to get out for being too hardcore and badass.

BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts
Ice Climbers
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Every response to this thread should be Kratos.

He's ripped a god's head off and used it as a flashlight.

Beaten a persian general to death with a large wooden chest, put a ship's mast through the mouth of a Hydra...etc.

Shazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shazard
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
Dante from Devil May Cry. He is the coolest character ever!!!
Baelath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Baelath
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

I dunno...but I have a list: Mario (c'mon, he kicks Bowser's ass a bazillion times, and those stupid goombas), Commander Shephard, ...that Scottish Captain from MW1 whose name escapes me, Master Chief, Altair (and Ezio), and Gordan Freeman.

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kraychik
Member since 2009 • 2433 Posts

The I block from Tetris.

Vesica_Prime
GREAT answer. Thanks for the laugh! :-)
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
  • Snake from MGS.
  • Sweettooth from Twisted Metal: Black.
  • Kratos from God of War.
  • Kain from Legacy of Kain series.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

My top bad ass character would have to be Commander Shepard, simply because I played a lot of Mass Effect. Think about how he/she became a Spectre candidate. Had he/she not held off the Skyllian Blitz, survived the thresher maw on Akuze, or destroyed the batarian base on Torfan at the cost of his/her unit (depending on which backstory you picked for Shepard), he/she wouldn't be as special as he/she is supposed to be. Although, when you think about it, bad assery depends on your knowledge and skills with certain weapons and abilities, whether it's ranged, heavy, or light, as well as how you can master your environment and against certain enemy types. But even then, Shepard pwns everyone else.1wingedangel45

Shep isn't as bad ass as Wrex.

BTW: I might be wrong, but could you be angelw1ng from the ME boards?

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]Leon S. Kennedy.gameguy6700

While probably not the most badass, I think he's the coolest.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

Geralt of Rivia, his mission? Hump every woman and kill every monster in a 10 mile radius, he's one BAMF.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#34 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Duke Nukem, no contest.

Someone mentioned Kratos ripping a boss' head off and using it as a flashlight. Duke Nukem ripped a boss' head off and took a dump down his neck whilst reading a newspaper. The Duke wins.

-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
God of War - Kratos
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Look up 'badass' in the dictionary, and you'll see a picture of Kratos. :P
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
Tommy Vercetti. Nuff said mates.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

I'm sorry guys, but no one beats mah boy Siegfried.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Does it have to be a dude? My pick is Kate Archer.
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Remora133
i might have to say isaac clark from dead space. look what he does to those things!!!! or maybe the chief from halo. he took on a freakin army
eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
General Sepherd on MW2.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c25ed127ff1d
deactivated-5c25ed127ff1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c25ed127ff1d
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Klonoa

pictured: one BAMF

In all seriousness it has to be Kratos.

The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I'm going with Sam "Serious" Stone.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

I'll have to go with Dante or Vergil those are one BMF's.

Froce712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Froce712
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts

Duke Nukem

BJ Blaskowics

Doom guy

Brick from Borderlands

Kratos

Sgt/Capt Soap MacTavish

Simon Belmont

Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
Some of the responses on here are brilliant. Tetris, Ice Climbers? HAHAHA.
Ihaveaguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ihaveaguitar
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Manny Calavera. He's the Grim Reaper! With a hot rod!

Manny

"Bound only by the paper-thin wrapper of mortality, a soul here lies, struggling to be free. And so it shall, thanks to a bowl of bad gazpacho, and a man named... Calavera."

And special mention to GLADoS. It takes a special kind of badass to sing you a song after trying to kill you.

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts
Duke Nukem hands down. jg4xchamp
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum". Can't beat that, so yeah. I'm going with Mr. Duke Nukem as well.
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

Travis

Touchdown

lol

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Poll type threads aren't allowed on the GGD as they don't lead to much discussion.