gore in oblivion. please help even tho this game is kinda old

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShaneMdn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShaneMdn
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, i just wanted to know if there is gore in elder scrolls 4 oblivion. yesterday i convinced my mom to let me get oblivion (she doesnt let me play m-rated games, but i explained the nude mod to her and that that was the reason it was rated m later on). she said ok and we're gonna buy it tommorrow i think. however just today i saw some videos of oblivion and it had dismembered and decapitated corpses just on the floor in pools of blood, and that scared the heck out of me cuz if i get it and my mom sees that (ps3 is in living room) shes gonna be mad at me. i thought the blood and gore was cuz of the zombies and stuff, i didnt know there were corpses in the game with no heads and no limbs and stuff. so my question is is there actually that stuff in the game or was it some mod or something and if its real, do i have to go to those places while playing the game? please help me guys. thanks to everone p.s. dont tell me to get skyrim cuz that game has actual gore in it
krollvetter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 krollvetter
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

I'm a much older gamer than you - probably as old as your Gramma - but I enjoyed Oblivion a great deal. Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of gore. Not during the fight scenes as you might think. It seems that there are bloody or headless victims laying around in some of the quests where you would have to find particularly nasty bad guys and vampires. Or if you would join some of the "guilds" - sort of like bad guy clubs - you'd have to do a lot of killing. I don't know your age, but if Mom is watching what you are playing, I'd say maybe you should wait a few years to play games like Oblivion. The game Morrowind which is an earlier Elder Scroll game might be better. The game is about 10 years old and has sort of clunky graphics but very little gore. It's an RPG which is a lot of fun and takes place in the same general area as Oblivion. That might be a game Mom would agree on and you'd have fun with. I'm sorry but, Oblivion is made for more mature gamers and I don't think your Mom would go for it at all. Good Luck!!

The_Void_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 The_Void_
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

Seriously, Oblivion is a very good game and well worth buying but there really isn't much gore. Sure there are some dismembered bodies in some caves but really its just a badly made limb in some red stuff. The "gore" in Oblivion is relitively low and due to the poor graphics it doesnt look like gore anyway. when your mum is in the room don't do and quests involving necromances because they are bound to have gore in them but other that that stay away from caves and you will be fine. A simple solution to your problem would be to when you are in a cave that you think could have some gore in it save and then if you see any gore leave. Wait untill you know your mum won't walk in load the saved game and complete your aim then. Anyway if i am not mistaken there is an option to turn the gore off in Oblivion (might be wrong havn't played it in a while). Don't let a small amount of gore deter you from buying Oblivion.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
No there is gore :P headless bodies, pools of blood. Corpses hanging upside down and charred. Necromancy. tombs full of dead people. I agree with the first reply. If you have your parents watching what you play perhaps its best you wait for now. An alternative solution would be to talk to your mom about it, its a brilliant game really. But don't get yourself in a spot of trouble over it :P You're mature enough to come on to the forums and ask around to see how bad it is before you actually get it, so perhaps if you talk to her and explain to her thats not what the game is wonderful for she may let you ? :P Don't lie to her, lies always come out xP Best to be honest, and mature to prove to her that you can handle the gore :)
Purdicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Purdicus
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

Get your mom to play it.

yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts
Just stay out of caves, dungeons, and don't hack things when she's around. There's plenty of other things to do in the game to avoid any gore content while gore concerned parents may be around...
bmart970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 bmart970
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

I didn't find much gore in Oblivion (at least compared to Skyrim) it really depends on what you call a lot. There is blood, but there are not tons of dismembered bodies or anything. It's a great game, I hope you can get it. It is really stupid that it was rated M for a mod. That made no sense, so it should be okay unless your mom is really strict.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts

I didn't find much gore in Oblivion (at least compared to Skyrim) it really depends on what you call a lot. There is blood, but there are not tons of dismembered bodies or anything. It's a great game, I hope you can get it. It is really stupid that it was rated M for a mod. That made no sense, so it should be okay unless your mom is really strict.

bmart970
Did you not play Shivering Isles ? :P
bbbbkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bbbbkaiser
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Dude. First of all Oblivion is far superior to Skyrim. Oblivion has oblivion gates, which are by far the coolest thing in this series. I cannot recall any vulgarities, nudity, or blood. My favorite game of all time. I have spent over 1000 hrs traversing every inch of that game and built my superior character with NO cheats or glitches. Your mom is a sissy, but you should be working on your educational skills kid. If you don't you will be a useless tax sucking meth head. Later spader