Gears of War 3? What happened to it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PunkStream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PunkStream
Member since 2012 • 61 Posts

Gears 3 is an amazing game that quite a lot of people love. So why doesn't anyone play it online anymore? It may not be as popular as Cod or Halo, but shouldn't it have more players since it's only been out for a year? Is there some reason for this? Because it baffles me..

KingWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KingWrath
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I only rented it and thought it was an amazing game but never got around to buying it.

I saw people stopped playing it after about a week because of a new release I could be wrong

but I think it was Modern Warfare 3.

I Think it kind of outshined GOW3 due to such a close release

domz_dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 domz_dream
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

They've turned the grizled, rough-neck characters into boyband p--ss--s. I want to play thetypical bonehead, mucho stogie smoking action hero. Not clean cut blonde youngsters. NOOOOOOOOO!

:cry:

domz_dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 domz_dream
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

They've turned the grizled, rough-neck characters into boyband p--ss--s. I want to play thetypical bonehead, mucho stogie smoking action hero. Not clean cut blonde youngsters. NOOOOOOOOO

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts
people do still play it online. but less people play it now probably because of CoD and the dlc is the only way to play on dedicated servers
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
CoD is what happened. CoD has RUINED online games. Any bonehead can get on there, camp, spray, whatever and win. The incredibly small learning curve has drawn everyone into it, and thanks to the massive player count a lot of people have switched over to it instead of learning to play a game that deserves more attention( i.e. Gears 3 and now Judgement).
Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts
To be honest I Fears turned into a money grubbing pig of a franchise when they came out with all the DLC garbage. Then came out with Judgment, which looked the same, had sorry half assed ideas I bought COD (mind you I only buy from Trayarch) 1. They've kept it similar every year 2. They only come out with 3 map packs which I don't buy 3. I just feel like blowing crap up and talking shit 4. You don't have to give up your life to get decently good 5. Everyone has mics I don't have all the time in the world to get good at Halo 3 or any other game. Some people just don't wanna spend hours getting shot by a no life.
Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts
[QUOTE="Evdne971"]To be honest I Fears turned into a money grubbing pig of a franchise when they came out with all the DLC garbage. Then came out with Judgment, which looked the same, had sorry half assed ideas I bought COD (mind you I only buy from Trayarch) 1. They've kept it similar every year 2. They only come out with 3 map packs which I don't buy 3. I just feel like blowing crap up and talking shit 4. You don't have to give up your life to get decently good 5. Everyone has mics I don't have all the time in the world to get good at Halo 3 or any other game. Some people just don't wanna spend hours getting shot by a no life.

Gears*