Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Axeonelite
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

OK, So this is my first post and sorry if it is not in the correct forum slot. FYI Rant included in post Free of Charge :)

SO, I Pre-Ordered Destiny game back on July 16, at 8:50 AM. I was under the impression I would get my game on the 9th (Today) The day of the games official release.

Why did it just ship yesterday? And why do I have to wait for my game?

The Rest of the world who pre-ordered from a store, or on PSN/Xbox live, All get to play their game today. Even Those who DIDN'T Pre-order can walk on in to gamestop, get a copy, and start playing. A Week before me by the looks of it from my UPS tracking. I do not feel like I should wait for a week to receive the same game as the rest of the world, when I was one who cared enough to pre-order. I work full time, even today. I do not have the time to go to GameStop or any other Electronics Store to get a copy of Destiny.

And this has been my rant. I do hope gamestop can / Will do something about to but, I will live if I have to wait.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Usually they tell you when to expect an item as you're buying it or before you buy it. Did you overlook that or did it actually say you'd receive it day 1?

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

That sucks. Friendly advice - there's not much that can be done at this point, so don't bother flipping out. I'd go into an actual Gamestop store today if I were you, explain what happened to the manager, and set it up so that you can buy the game in the store right now, and when you get your copy in the mail you can return it for a full refund. That way you'll get the game now, and you won't lose money. I'd also talk to them about getting any pre-order bonuses you were supposed to get.

Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Axeonelite

@Grieverr: They actually emailed me my code for the pre-order bonus's yesterday. And buying it in store then returning it does no good as I don't have the money to purchase as second copy, Or the time to go to a GameStop

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i usually just get it in the store to be sure to get it when i want to get it, not waiting around for the post office to get it right

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

I would be flipping mad! I would return immediately. Isn't the point of pre ordering to get your copy before anyone else, and to have your copy on time?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

So here's a little something I found on their site from a game that isn't out yet.

Street Date Guarantee:

Pre-order this title by 11am CST one business day before the release date posted, choose USA Overnight as your shipping option and get guaranteed delivery on the street date posted! If your product does not arrive on the street date, we will fully refund your shipping charge. Continental United States only. Must have overnight service available in your area. Offer void if you are unable to accept a delivery that was attempted. Not responsible for orders delayed due to inclement weather, incorrect address or credit card information. Any other shipping option besides One Day will arrive 2 to 7 business days after the street date.

So yeah, gotta read the fine print man.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@SoNin360: Do you know that @axeonelite did not get overnight shipping?

Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Axeonelite

@Grieverr: I did not get the overnight shipping. I shouldn't have to pay extra (Beyond the $5 shipping) To get it the same time as everyone else.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

@axeonelite said:

@Grieverr: I did not get the overnight shipping. I shouldn't have to pay extra (Beyond the $5 shipping) To get it the same time as everyone else.

The difference is that the 'everyone else' you're speaking of either picked it up, or opted for the overnight delivery. Of course you're going to have to pay extra to have it shipped to you overnight, rather than standard shipping.

Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Axeonelite

@cablemodemx2: @cablemodemx2: @Grieverr: I did not get the overnight shipping. I shouldn't have to pay extra (Beyond the $5 shipping) To get it the same time as everyone else.

I understand that. I don't understand why I am left out? I just want to play my game. I can wait until Saturday, but don't understand why I have to just because I can't spend the Xtra cash or, go to the Gamestop.

Axeonelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Axeonelite

So I have JUST TODAY, Received my reply from GameStop. Here is the email I received.

I find this response just terrible. They completely avoided the issue simply because it got ""resolved"" without them... They did nothing to fix the problem and no compensation was given. I don't need anything, I just find this so funny that they take no measures to ensure the best gaming experience in their customers.