Games with gold will continue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Good news for Xbox owners and future owners

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/free-games-for-gold-coming-to-xbox-one

YD816er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 YD816er
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

whats great about that? xbox gives away sucky games for free.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

It's actually pretty cool and they've given away many great games already.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Was there ever any doubt? You don't introduce such a feature then neglect to bring it over to the next-gen console.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@c_rakestraw: You never know.

YD816er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YD816er

@darthgumballs: what great games have they given out? because i had a xbox 360 and the best game they given out was assassin creed 2 which is super old.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@c_rakestraw said:

Was there ever any doubt? You don't introduce such a feature then neglect to bring it over to the next-gen console.

True, but in my opinion it hasn't been impressive at all

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@yd816er said:

@darthgumballs: what great games have they given out? because i had a xbox 360 and the best game they given out was assassin creed 2 which is super old.

Yeah, it's not all that impressive for my part

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@yd816er said:

whats great about that? xbox gives away sucky games for free.

No they don't.

You have to pay for xbl gold, the only people get these "free" games are xbl gold members. Free would if every xbl user silver and gold got them. So youre still buying the games.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@Gargus: Oh, shut up. You're paying the same price you were before Games for Gold. Games at no cost= free.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@El_Zo1212o said:

@Gargus: Oh, shut up. You're paying the same price you were before Games for Gold. Games at no cost= free.

True, but they're still not good games

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@El_Zo1212o said:

True, but they're still not good games

The problem isn't in their quality, the problem is in their age. They've given away some good games, even a couple of great ones. But they keep selecting old titles that most people who have an Xbox are likely to have played already. Halo 3 was a great game. In 2007. Same with Crackdown. Dead Rising 2 was a great (maybe good) game in 2010. And no one loved Trenched (Iron Brigade) more than I did, but it was still over 2 years old.

The nicest feature of the program is that these games don't have a time limit. If you download one of them and decide you no longer want to use GOLD, you still get to keep the things you've downloaded. I just wish they could get something on the program that I haven't already played years ago. I like their approach, just not the execution. At least not yet. But it is nice to have digital copies of some of these titles even though I owned them on discs in the past. Now if I want to play Dead Rising 2 for instance, I don't need to dig out the disc.

I think this is probably a feature meant more to entice new buyers who might have only had a PS3 up until now rather that to appease the long time fan base. Again, understandable approach, but not the best in execution.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

I haven't downloaded a single game because i couldn't be bothered with any of them, i got all of those that were good and i have no interest in the rest

YD816er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YD816er

@Gargus: Don't be stupid , this thread is talking about "xbox gold" so why should i make it extra specific when you know i'm referring to games free with gold? You just want some attention huh? Poor kid

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: That is very true. However, I found that in at least one case(Fable 3), I found myself playing a game I never had any intention of paying money for and yea, it was definitely showing it's age, but it was very much a worthwhile experience.

Sure there hasn't been much else of interest to me- games I already have and games in genres I actively dislike- but still, free stuff is free, so what's not to like? I keep downloading them anyway on the off chance that I'll be bored one day and play one of them and find it a gem.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gargus

@El_Zo1212o said:

Silver xbl member level is free and gets no games.

Gold xbl member level costs money and gets games.

So no, they aren't free at all. Free would be if silver and gold levels got the games for free. If you aren't paying you aren't getting the games, that doesn't equal free. Free means nothing, nada, zero, etc. And yes, there is a cost to get those 2 games a month, that cost is a subscription of 60 dollars so no that isn't free.

By your logic the games are free to anyone who has a pre-existing xblg account, but if someone buys it after the "free" games started coming out then they aren't free and those people are paying for them. How exactly does that work? You know what, I don't care because you are obviously the narrow sighted and closed minded diehard zealot for Microsoft that you cant even wrap your mind around someone proving you wrong, kind of like gaming's equivalent to a hardcore Christian.

So you keep on enjoying your two "free" games a month that you don't get unless you actively pay for xblg.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gargus

@yd816er said:

@Gargus: Don't be stupid , this thread is talking about "xbox gold" so why should i make it extra specific when you know i'm referring to games free with gold? You just want some attention huh? Poor kid

So if you made a post where you were comparing the cost of xbl vs say ps+ by the way of math and you made an error in your math if I corrected it then you would get allover me for being specific in showing you made an incorrect statement? Well this is the same thing, you made a comment that is wholly false, so I merely pointed out that you don't understand what free actually means.

And obviously Im not the one craving attention since I did not tell you to "not be stupid", call you names, or use immature and childish phrasing in order to try and talk down to you. That was you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Last_Ride

I don't mind the age as much as the quality to be honest

YD816er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 YD816er

@Gargus: like i said, the thread says games with gold continue so obviously everything that is talked about in this forum is referring to xbox gold. So sorry try again your pointing out errors in your head. Use common sense before trying to correct people to make yourself seem smart ok [Case Closed]