Free Oblion DLC For PC and 360! Fallout 3 Interview!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
http://kotaku.com/gaming/last-dlc-for-oblivion/new-free-oblivion-content-hits-pc-360-309369.php

Apparently this is the last DLC that will be released for the game.

"Starting Monday, Oct. 15, gamers will be able to download the PC and 360 versions of Oblivion downloadable content Fighter's Stronghold for free. Bethesda will be giving away this latest and last DLC pack for Oblivion for just one week.

The new pack includes :

A fully detailed castle for you to explore

Knights of the True Horn patrol the castle and do your bidding

Secret treasure vault

Upgrade the furnishings in every area of the castle

Hire a vintner to create special wines to enhance your fighting abilities

Hire a combat trainer to spar with

Hire a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for your great hall

Purchase an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill

The pack contents take place in the Colovian Highlands west of Chorrol and are built around Battlehorn Castle, which you can become lord of if you defeat a group of attacking marauders."

This is pretty rad, now there is something special for Fighters as well.  I love my Thief's Den, but this looks cool too.

edit:
http://www.psu.com/Post-Nuclear-Living-in-Fallout-3--a0000001508-p1.php
Here is an interview with Pete Hines about Fallout 3.
desertrat_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 desertrat_90
Member since 2004 • 376 Posts

WOW that sounds sweet!

I hope it's got new achievements too

Trigun1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Trigun1
Member since 2003 • 793 Posts
Awesome!
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Damn, way to go, Bethesda.

Oblivion holds the title as the most bang for the buck game I've played this generation (possibly ever) and to think that I've spent this much time with the game and still have numerous sidequests left, more places to explore, an entire expansion (Shivering Isles) to play through and now this (and for free, no less), I have to say that I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for ESV, and there's little doubt that I'll still be playing Oblivion when it hits. Just an awesome, awesome game.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rragnaar

Damn, way to go, Bethesda.

Oblivion holds the title as the most bang for the buck game I've played this generation (possibly ever) and to think that I've spent this much time with the game and still have numerous sidequests left, more places to explore, an entire expansion (Shivering Isles) to play through and now this (and for free, no less), I have to say that I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for ESV, and there's little doubt that I'll still be playing Oblivion when it hits. Just an awesome, awesome game.

Shame-usBlackley

Oblivion has been, for me anyway, the best game of this gen.  I don't know how many characters I've levelled up, and I probably don't want to know.  You are in for a treat with the Shivering Isles.  The art direction in it reminds me of Morrowind, which is always nice to see.  People rag on this game quite a bit, but not many games come out with this much crap to do in them.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Man, I should really get back into Cyrodiil (and Shivering Isles)and start with a brand new character. But with the upcoming release schedule being as crazy as it is, I seriously doubt it. But I'll definitely come back to it eventually. I just wish Bethesda would support their products with patches - Lord knows Oblivion could use some optimization and bug fixes.

Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
Sweeeeeetttt, this may get me back into Oblivion again, i havent played it in a while.
xXNightmareXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xXNightmareXx
Member since 2003 • 309 Posts
Awesome, I just picked up the game of the year edition a little while ago for free thanks to the B2G1 deal at Toys R Us. Now I'm going to have even more free content. :shock: Deal of the year? :P
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

What do us PS3 owners get, of course nothing...

dvader654

Uh we're getting Stranglehold and Ratchet at the end of this month :D and Uncharted in November. I know that's not enough for some of us gaming addicts :P

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
WOW awesome!! Man I cant keep up with all this gaming goodness, I swear. I really have an itch to replay Oblivion, even after having the 100 hr file I got I want to do it all again with a different character. I havent even gotten The Shivering Isles expansion yet either.... holy moly this year is crazy. I will be downloading this on Monday though as its free :)
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rragnaar

I still have to finish the main quest anyway.

dvader654

It seems so odd to me that there is downloadable content for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, and others I am forgetting, yet Bethesda is claiming that there is no way for them to get DLC up on the PSN store.

I am starting to think that SCEJ's tech support is much better than SCEA's, seeing as how Tecmo and Namco have both been able to do DLC, but no American third party PS3 games have recieved any DLC... it also bothers me that Japan regularly gets PS1 games in their store, but we get the shaft.  It would be a goldmine.  I love PS1 games and would buy just as many of those as I do virtual console games.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rragnaar
Just thought I'd give this a bump to remind everyone that this is available now, so get to downloading it and let me know how it is.  I've got 8 hours of work to do before I am reunited with my precious videogames.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
This is a great excuse to go back to Oblivion.. Bethesda, king of the DLC
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
[QUOTE="dvader654"]

I still have to finish the main quest anyway.

rragnaar

It seems so odd to me that there is downloadable content for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, and others I am forgetting, yet Bethesda is claiming that there is no way for them to get DLC up on the PSN store.

I am starting to think that SCEJ's tech support is much better than SCEA's, seeing as how Tecmo and Namco have both been able to do DLC, but no American third party PS3 games have recieved any DLC... it also bothers me that Japan regularly gets PS1 games in their store, but we get the shaft. It would be a goldmine. I love PS1 games and would buy just as many of those as I do virtual console games.

Yeah, that's high idiocy. Its also sad that Nintendo will soon offer DS games via its service, but Sony has yet to even announce the same for the PSP. When you are lagging Nintendo in any aspect of the online arena, someone needs to be fired.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rragnaar

Yeah, that's high idiocy. Its also sad that Nintendo will soon offer DS games via its service, but Sony has yet to even announce the same for the PSP. When you are lagging Nintendo in any aspect of the online arena, someone needs to be fired.

CarnageHeart

Or someone needs to be hired.  I get the feeling they are a little short handed at the PSN store.