Forza 2 Review Is Up

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/forzamotorsport2/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary%3Breview&page=1

Nice.

I'm not a huge racing fan but it's nice to see this game delivering the goods to the genre enthusiasts.

On a side note, the steady and consistent stream of quality games being released for the XB360 continues to impress me. If MS can get those nasty hardware problems ironed out, the XB360 could easily become the definitive console of this generation.

The_Duke_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Duke_Lives
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts

Well the king of Driving Simulators retains it's title. I'm not too surprised though, I fully expected Forza 2 to live up to it's promises.

Unfortunately I'm not much of a simulation guy. I'm still waiting on Burnout 5 myself, but given that the racing simulation genre is one of the most popular, if not THE most popular, genres out there, it seems MS continues to give the people what they need in terms of software.

EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts

Looking good, if I were more into sims it would be a instant buy for me.  But right now I have a backlog of games I need to get through and refuse to buy another game until I catch up a little.  Then again if I hear really positive user reviews about Shadowrun I'll have to pick it up because I can't get enough shooter, price is steap though.  Anyways, went off[topic, but it seems like with its extensive custumization and online features, Forza is a car junkie's dream game.

Also, the prospect of driving my Audi TT in the game and custumizing it is almost reason enough for me to pick the game up. 

The_Duke_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Duke_Lives
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts

Looking good, if I were more into sims it would be a instant buy for me.  But right now I have a backlog of games I need to get through and refuse to buy another game until I catch up a little.  Then again if I hear really positive user reviews about Shadowrun I'll have to pick it up because I can't get enough shooter, price is steap though.  Anyways, went off[topic, but it seems like with its extensive custumization and online features, Forza is a car junkie's dream game.

Also, the prospect of driving my Audi TT in the game and custumizing it is almost reason enough for me to pick the game up. 

EazyB

Yes the online and car customization aspects are tempting even to me, whom loathes sim racers.

Well not always, but I have been over them ever since GT3's release. Which made me realize just how boring the genre can be for someone like me.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Both IGN and 1up's review gave Forza under a 9. I think it was IGN-8.2 and 1up-8.5.

They said that Forza 2 is basically Forza 1 with better graphics, which explains the lower score. But they also complimented Forza 2 as the best current next-gen racer on the market.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
My brother is an artistically inclined car enthusiast, so I expect he will do some impressive things in Forza 2.  I know a little bit about tuning cars, but my art talents are pretty much nonexistent, so I'll just watch him play.  Its extremely cool that games with such depth are hitting the shelves.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44402 Posts
Awesome. I'm not a huge gear-head myself but I do enjoy having at least one racing sim in my collection and Forza was one I was able to get into immensely because of the way it was done. It usually takes a day or two for the new releases to hit the stores where I live so I'll definately be grabbing this game before the end of the week.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

My brother is an artistically inclined car enthusiast, so I expect he will do some impressive things in Forza 2. I know a little bit about tuning cars, but my art talents are pretty much nonexistent, so I'll just watch him play. Its extremely cool that games with such depth are hitting the shelves.CarnageHeart

He can customise the cars' appearance, you can help with the tuning ... and both of you can enjoy driving them.  Win - win

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
The demo left me completely cold. Graphics were unimpressive and the drivig mechanics felt good enough, but not as developed as, say, GTR2. Physics are absolutely spot-on, though. Telemetry data is impressive.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

I'm eager to see how Gran Tourismo HD won't hold up. Playstation is Phailing badly.camreeno360

I think GTHD was cancelled so they could concentrate on GT5 and whatever progress they had made was given as a free download on the shop.  At least that's what I heard.

Also you should just play what you enjoy and not be eager to see the others phailing [sic]. 

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I wasnt much for the demo to be honest. But I always maintained that I love the depth and sheer scale of what can be done in the game. So im tempted by it lol...
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I'm buying it, but I have to say that I am underwhelmed with the visuals based on the demo. Luckily, Forza has so many other things going for it that no other console racer offers that it's enough to excuse the visuals somewhat.

Still, GT HD looks better, both in the terrain and the car models. Unfortunately, GT HD also handles like **** (what's with the complete acceleration fade in turning?) and still has the same warts as every other GT game. This leads me to believe that GT5 is going to be a very conservative effort from Polyphony (visuals aside). 

Forza is my pick for a next-gen racer. It plays sweet and has everything I want in a sim racer. 

trifecta_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 trifecta_basic
Member since 2003 • 11542 Posts
No cockpit is a killer for me, MS has it backwards the sim needs it not the arcade racer PGR.  Although I haven't enjoyed these types of racers since the original GT, they just feel way to sterile to me.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I enjoyed the hell out of the original. The suggested line is what made it worth playing for a sim noob like me, the custamization was pretty insane as well. I'm also itching for a racing game, so I could use a 360 right about now. Dang. I'll be sure to pick this up eventually, though.

The number of tracks is extremely disappointing. It was a problem in the original and I'm surprised to see that Turn 10 hasn't addressed this issue. In fact, Forza 2 offers less tracks (the original had 16, this one has 12) and they even removed two of my favorites - Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo curcuits. That's just lame.

nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts

The number of tracks is extremely disappointing. UpInFlames

Well, if it makes you feel any better I'm sure that more tracks will be offered over Marketplace (for a nominal fee).  All for the greater good of the Microsoft corporation :)...:(...:cry: 

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371  Online

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]The number of tracks is extremely disappointing. nuttybar

Well, if it makes you feel any better I'm sure that more tracks will be offered over Marketplace (for a nominal fee).  All for the greater good of the Microsoft corporation :)...:(...:cry: 

Oh most definately. In fact I'm kind of surprised there aren't some new tracks already "convienently" available on Marketplace. :P

Of course being the sucker that I am I'll probably grab them as soon as they become available. :(

yomi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yomi_basic
Member since 2002 • 3915 Posts

Well the king of Driving Simulators retains it's title. I'm not too surprised though, I fully expected Forza 2 to live up to it's promises.

Unfortunately I'm not much of a simulation guy. I'm still waiting on Burnout 5 myself, but given that the racing simulation genre is one of the most popular, if not THE most popular, genres out there, it seems MS continues to give the people what they need in terms of software.

The_Duke_Lives

At least for another few months. GT5 is coming soon and the crown will be handed back.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371  Online

I enjoyed the hell out of the original. The suggested line is what made it worth playing for a sim noob like me, the custamization was pretty insane as well.

UpInFlames

Yeah that was the same for me. I also loved how new things were acquired with the way they did the leveling up system. Whether it was a little or a lot I was always progressing. With the GT games I always ended up hitting a roadblock with the Liscense system.

danmp18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 danmp18
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
I can't wait to pick it up.  The game just has so much depth.  And I think the game looks better than people are giving it credit for.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
You know im not a big racing game fan and usually I shy away fron non arcadey racers, and im definetly not a car guy. I dont know an exhaust pipe from a transmission...still I have never been dissapointed with a game rated over 9 by this site, regardless of genre. So im a little worried that it will be too confusing or whatever but at 9.2 im not missing it. Hopefully you can wean yourself into some of the sim aspects and such. Yep another one for the to buy list.
Boostd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Boostd4
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts

I think I wore out my Forza 1 disc because I played it so much.  I've been waiting patiently for Forza 2 to hit and today is the day!  The visuals don't seem to be lightyears ahead of the original...but based on the demo the driving physics have been improved greatly.  I go to HPDE days a few times a year and this game captures the actual feel of circuit driving much better than GT IMHO.  Don't get me wrong, I've been playing GT since the PS1 days...but the MS and Turn 10 guys have trumped Polyphony (Sorry...GT4 was just a huge dissapointment).

Just a few short work hours left....

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

Still, GT HD looks better, both in the terrain and the car models. Unfortunately, GT HD also handles like **** (what's with the complete acceleration fade in turning?) and still has the same warts as every other GT game. This leads me to believe that GT5 is going to be a very conservative effort from Polyphony (visuals aside).

Shame-usBlackley

GT handles like ****?  Demo -> select car -> Traction -> anything under 4.  Now imo you can play the best physics on a console imo.  Dont get me wrong, Gt4 was a complete disaster, so you can give forza the crown cause GT4 doesnt deserve it, but the driving physics imo are much better than forzas, as the sound and graphics.  Im sure GT5 will be even better with online, damage (supposedly *crosses fingers*) but the career mode is still in the air.  Thats the biggest letdown of the GTs, and forza does a much better job at it (and all the stuff like online, customization).  

If you liked the first forza, you will like this, if you didnt, you will not like this.   

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

I was originally a GT fan since it first came out but after owning Forza for the original XBOX, I pretty much jumped ships. I honestly felt that the game had a better presentation that the GT series, especially since GT to GT4 wasn't as consistant as I'd hope it would be. This gen, I'll be doing the same by buying Forza 2 and leaving GT5 behind.

G4mbl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 G4mbl3
Member since 2005 • 4155 Posts
I didn't like Forza on the original Xbox but absolutely loved GT4. I tried the demo for Forza 2 and I was blown away by the car physics and the way that every car has its own driving style. I tried GT4 but it was so hard to play. Buying this poo poo.
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
[QUOTE="F1Lengend"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Still, GT HD looks better, both in the terrain and the car models. Unfortunately, GT HD also handles like **** (what's with the complete acceleration fade in turning?) and still has the same warts as every other GT game. This leads me to believe that GT5 is going to be a very conservative effort from Polyphony (visuals aside).

dvader654

GT handles like ****? Demo -> select car -> Traction -> anything under 4. Now imo you can play the best physics on a console imo. Dont get me wrong, Gt4 was a complete disaster, so you can give forza the crown cause GT4 doesnt deserve it, but the driving physics imo are much better than forzas, as the sound and graphics. Im sure GT5 will be even better with online, damage (supposedly *crosses fingers*) but the career mode is still in the air. Thats the biggest letdown of the GTs, and forza does a much better job at it (and all the stuff like online, customization).

If you liked the first forza, you will like this, if you didnt, you will not like this.

GT5 will have damage, they have confirmed it in a foreign magazine. But so far they say "race cars" will feature damage, so people think it means only the specific race cars will feature full damage. But the regular cars should feature minor damage, just no "car flipping" as they describe it. Oh and GT4 HD is back on, it will be released before GT5... bleh. Just some info I read.

I haven't played much of the first Forza so whats the career mode like and how is it different from GT?

Well, imo PGR2 had the best career, but forzas is actually structured.  You progress through events, and build your car up that you can race online, or go online for some of the career if you wish and it will match you up with other drivers for that class.  you actually have incentive to play through.  Its not perfect, but I thought GT4 was exactly like 3 in that you go from no money, to waaay too much money and the game becomes redundant.  

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
[QUOTE="F1Lengend"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

dvader654

GT handles like ****? Demo -> select car -> Traction -> anything under 4. Now imo you can play the best physics on a console imo. Dont get me wrong, Gt4 was a complete disaster, so you can give forza the crown cause GT4 doesnt deserve it, but the driving physics imo are much better than forzas, as the sound and graphics. Im sure GT5 will be even better with online, damage (supposedly *crosses fingers*) but the career mode is still in the air. Thats the biggest letdown of the GTs, and forza does a much better job at it (and all the stuff like online, customization).

GT5 will have damage, they have confirmed it in a foreign magazine. But so far they say "race cars" will feature damage, so people think it means only the specific race cars will feature full damage. But the regular cars should feature minor damage, just no "car flipping" as they describe it. Oh and GT4 HD is back on, it will be released before GT5... bleh. Just some info I read.

I haven't played much of the first Forza so whats the career mode like and how is it different from GT?

Those are rumors still if Im not mistaken since the Magizine has not come out yet(Or has it?)

Anyways. To be frank. If GT5 is not better. I would really say there is a problem with Poly. Its comming out about a year later at the earliest. Maybe even a year and a half to two. 

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ASK_Story

I always thought the GT series was a technically superior game. And in some ways, it's a superior game than Forza. There are some arguments that the only reason why Forza got better reviews was because of online play. Also, since it was on a more powerful hardware at the time, pointing out that the XBOX was more powerful than the PS2, it may have had some graphical advantages. And like mentioned above, online play was the key to Forza's success.

I heard many people and reviewers say that if GT4 had online play than the series would have maintained their racing crown. So let's see what Sony/Poly does with GT5 and see if they give the fans what they want: a next-gen GT game with online play. Than without a doubt the Gran Turismo series will come back and retake the crown.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371  Online

I always thought the GT series was a technically superior game. And in some ways, it's a superior game than Forza. There are some arguments that the only reason why Forza got better reviews was because of online play. Also, since it was on a more powerful hardware at the time, pointing out that the XBOX was more powerful than the PS2, it may have had some graphical advantages. And like mentioned above, online play was the key to Forza's success.

I heard many people and reviewers say that if GT4 had online play than the series would have maintained their racing crown. So let's see what Sony/Poly does with GT5 and see if they give the fans what they want: a next-gen GT game with online play. Than without a doubt the Gran Turismo series will come back and retake the crown.

ASK_Story

Actually I found that Forza while being better looking since it was on more powerful hardware had better AI and was more accessable for newcomers yet still deep enough for sim racing veterans. Also the incredibly deep decal editor was an awesome addition.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
forza 2 is an absolute system seller for me. believe it or not, i could care less about halo 3 compared to forza. now im just gonna need about $600 for a 360, a racing wheel, and the game.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Both IGN and 1up's review gave Forza under a 9. I think it was IGN-8.2 and 1up-8.5.

They said that Forza 2 is basically Forza 1 with better graphics, which explains the lower score. But they also complimented Forza 2 as the best current next-gen racer on the market.

ASK_Story

don't try to make it seem like their is some conspiracy, IGN gave the game a 8.9 not a 8.2 and no one has scored it under a 9. It even got a Platinum award from Famitsu, and has an average score of 9 on gamerankings. LINK   Famitsu Score

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shame-usBlackley

Actually I found that Forza while being better looking since it was on more powerful hardware had better AI and was more accessable for newcomers yet still deep enough for sim racing veterans. Also the incredibly deep decal editor was an awesome addition.

Archangel3371

Exactly.

It's all the extras that put Forza ahead in my book. The bottom line is that Gran Turismo should have gone online when GT4 came out - hell, Sony even promised it and then omitted it from the retail sku.  But like I said, it isn't just the lack of online, but the car editor, the newbie-friendly driving line that makes it so anyone can play at least competently, the AI, the ability to make collisions actually matter, the auction service, the ton of options, and the damage modeling that puts Forza ahead.

I spent countless hours just using the car editor in Forza, and because it had online play, I played it for months on end with regulars here on the site.

Forza may have come up short in the visual department (something it should be rightfully hammered for), but as an entire package it's unparalleled in my opinion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

HiResDes

don't try to make it seem like their is some conspiracy, IGN gave the game a 8.9 not a 8.2 and no one has scored it under a 9. It even got a Platinum award from Famitsu, and has an average score of 9 on gamerankings. LINK   Famitsu Score

I'm just pointing out that there are lower review scores from credible sources that should'nt be ignored. They wrote that review because they must've had some genuine concerns. I didn't say it was a bad game but just seeing the views from all sides whether it's good or bad.

And I read that IGN score on the 1up board posted by some poster. I may have misread it but all I know is that IGN did give the game under a 9.

And Dvader is right. 1up gave it a 8.5 and IGN gave it a 8.9. So if those aren't under a 9 than I'm not sure how you're viewing the scores. Than that means the Gamespot's Twilight Princess review is a 9 too, right, since it's a 8.8...which is close to a 9. ;)

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]

Shame-usBlackley

Exactly.

It's all the extras that put Forza ahead in my book. The bottom line is that Gran Turismo should have gone online when GT4 came out - hell, Sony even promised it and then omitted it from the retail sku.  But like I said, it isn't just the lack of online, but the car editor, the newbie-friendly driving line that makes it so anyone can play at least competently, the AI, the ability to make collisions actually matter, the auction service, the ton of options, and the damage modeling that puts Forza ahead.

I spent countless hours just using the car editor in Forza, and because it had online play, I played it for months on end with regulars here on the site.

Forza may have come up short in the visual department (something it should be rightfully hammered for), but as an entire package it's unparalleled in my opinion.

My comments came from what I heard and read from others. However, the only comment that came from me was pointing out that GT is a technically superior game. I didn't say it was a more fun game to play...although I think it's a better series. But that's just my own opinion. I guess I'm just more into the GT series than other good racers out there.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
[QUOTE="HiResDes"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

dvader654

Well if IGN gave it an 8.9 and 1up gave it an 8.5 then yes someone has given it under a 9.  You must have meant something else.

I meant 8.5 lol, but my point was that if you consider GS's score of 9.2 out of the norm, then so is 1up's 8.5.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371  Online
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]

Shame-usBlackley

Exactly.

I also spent alot of time in the car editor and will probably spend even more in this one. Hopefully I get good enough at it and put some up for auction. :P

So how many designs that involve Gears of War are you expecting to see people use? I'm just going to say alot. :lol:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371  Online

My comments came from what I heard and read from others. However, the only comment that came from me was pointing out that GT is a technically superior game. I didn't say it was a more fun game to play...although I think it's a better series. But that's just my own opinion. I guess I'm just more into the GT series than other good racers out there.

ASK_Story

Well you made it sound like the only reason Forza got good reviews was because it had online gameplay so I was pointing out that there were other reasons as to why it got the good reviews.

I don't really understand what you mean by GT is "technically superior". Aren't AI, graphics, and physics a big portion of a game's technical aspects and didn't Forza do those better?

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shame-usBlackley

So how many designs that involve Gears of War are you expecting to see people use? I'm just going to say alot. :lol:

Archangel3371

Quite a few. Like, three million more than a few. :P

Which is totally cool by me, as long as some of them are Cole Train themed. I'm gonna start with an Alien Hominid car. That should be a fairly simple one to get my feet wet with the new editor.

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]

Shame-usBlackley

Which is totally cool by me, as long as some of them are Cole Train themed. I'm gonna start with an Alien Hominid car. That should be a fairly simple one to get my feet wet with the new editor.

Blam. 

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371  Online
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]

AlexN

Blam. 

Damn that was fast. Now how about a caricature of either Reggie or Ken. :P

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shame-usBlackley

Blam.AlexN

Damn.

That's some impressive work right there. I can't wait to dig into the editor. I saw a car with the Kojima Productions logo on it, and I think it even had the "Jump In" phrase on the bumper, which is outright hilarious.

I wonder if anyone has done the cog with the skull logo from Gears yet? I'm also planning on making a Blue Dragon-themed ride.  

EDIT: Just got the call -- my copy is in and ready for pick-up.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I posted this in Forza 2 forum, and it pissed a lot of people off.  This is pretty much how I feel about picking it up though:

Hey everyone. 

With Forza 2's release date rapidly approaching I've been thinking more and more as to whether I'm going to be picking this up.

I find this true with exclusively racing and sport games: all of the improvements are very small in relation to the overall content of the game itself.  New incarnations in racing games always contain the same tracks, cars, and general features (tune ups, garage, etc.) as the previous game in the series with a few dozen car models added.  How many times can I play the same game with tweaks and updates and remain interested, not to mention pay even more money for basically the same game?

Therefor, I cannot justifiable see spending what would amount to a very high price to attain the full experience (playing this without the wheel is pointless IMO) for such incremental improvements.  $210.00 is a hell of a lot of cash for such similar a game as it's predecessor.  And as impressive as the demo is, I see nothing so far advanced from the original that convinces me to spend that amount of money.  Now it's a demo, so if by some chance the final game provides a considerable amount of new content I will undoutably be picking this up.

If not, why not just wait until Forza 4 comes out on the X-Box720 and realism is no longer held back by insufficient technology?  Then I will have saved myself a considerable amount of money and will have gotten the best version available.....all I have to do is wait.

I see these racing games just as I see upgrading my PC to play games-one big purchase every 2-3 years.

Anyone feel the same way?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Archangel3371  Online

Oh oh. I believe I have discovered a glaring flaw with the Forza 2 review.

It doesn't say anything about the achievements. :P

Seriously I gots to know how they are. Is there a good balance of things to strive for? Well ok it's not terribly important I'm just curious.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]

AlexN

Blam. 

Hey Alex. Did you draw that Samurai on your sig? If so, you're an awesome artist.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Archangel3371  Online

I posted this in Forza 2 forum, and it pissed a lot of people off.  This is pretty much how I feel about picking it up though:

Hey everyone. 

With Forza 2's release date rapidly approaching I've been thinking more and more as to whether I'm going to be picking this up.

I find this true with exclusively racing and sport games: all of the improvements are very small in relation to the overall content of the game itself.  New incarnations in racing games always contain the same tracks, cars, and general features (tune ups, garage, etc.) as the previous game in the series with a few dozen car models added.  How many times can I play the same game with tweaks and updates and remain interested, not to mention pay even more money for basically the same game?

Therefor, I cannot justifiable see spending what would amount to a very high price to attain the full experience (playing this without the wheel is pointless IMO) for such incremental improvements.  $210.00 is a hell of a lot of cash for such similar a game as it's predecessor.  And as impressive as the demo is, I see nothing so far advanced from the original that convinces me to spend that amount of money.  Now it's a demo, so if by some chance the final game provides a considerable amount of new content I will undoutably be picking this up.

If not, why not just wait until Forza 4 comes out on the X-Box720 and realism is no longer held back by insufficient technology?  Then I will have saved myself a considerable amount of money and will have gotten the best version available.....all I have to do is wait.

I see these racing games just as I see upgrading my PC to play games-one big purchase every 2-3 years.

Rekunta

And you were surprised by the response?

It's a sim racer it's supposed to stay true to it's real life counterpart so much like a sports game there is only so much they can do different to change it without straying away from what it is trying to emulate.

Saying that this costs $210 is ludacris since the game is quite playable with a standard controller and not only that but the wheel is compatible with other racers and will also most likely work on others that will come out.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shame-usBlackley

Rekunta

Eh, sort of.

Thing is, you could level that charge at just about any popular franchise. As risky and expensive as it is to make games these days, you are almost never going to see drastic changes made to a winning formula. For example, how far removed do you think Gears 2 will be from the first game? Probably not very far at all. And a lot of times, reinventions of popular franchises are met with criticism. Look at the reaction to Final Fantasy XII. We live in a time when franchises are fine-tuned more than they are reinvented. It's just a sign of the times.

The only advice I can give is to simply skip it for a generation. I've done that with sports games in the past when they simply feel like roster upgrades. It's a very personal decision, though -- no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy Forza, and it certainly isn't like the 360 won't have a bunch of original IPs coming later in the year.