Forgotten N64 games? F-Zero X or Star Fox 64?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dj-Dampleaf
Member since 2012 • 730 Posts
While F-Zero X was never to popular on the Nintendo 64 NtscU, Ntsc-J and Ntsc-Pal units, Starfox was a little more so, however both are ill mentioned, even by Nintendo themselves nowadays. Which one hold up for you the most?
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts
Love F-Zero X. it's one of the reasons I bought an N64. They're definitely NOT forgotten though, F-Zero was one of the definitive racers on the system, and Starfox 64 just got a 3DS re-release!!
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="Nismology"]Love F-Zero X. it's one of the reasons I bought an N64. They're definitely NOT forgotten though, F-Zero was one of the definitive racers on the system, and Starfox 64 just got a 3DS re-release!!

The former was forgotten for awhile, F-zero is not that popular of a franchise. The later was made to see if Nintendo would drop the series or not, articles on that all over the place.
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nismology
Not popular? Compared to what exactly? Halo? Also, to say a game has been 'forgotten' is a pretty large generalisation, did all knowledge of F-Zero just depart the minds of every living being on the planet? I think it has a pretty large fan-base, there's certainly a following trying to persuade Nintendo to bring back the series on the Wii-U. GX is often very highly praised, especially for it's soundtrack. It's often mentioned in music threads on this board.
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="Nismology"]Not popular, compared to what? Halo? Also, to say a game has been 'forgotten' is a pretty large generalisation, did all knowledge of F-Zero just depart the minds of every living being on the planet? I think it has a pretty large fan-base, there's certainly a following trying to persuade Nintendo to bring back the series on the Wii-U. GX is often very highly praised, especially for it's soundtrack. It's often mentioned in music threads on this board.

On Gamespot.com Starfox had a larger fanbase than F-zero and more sales and yet Nintendo re-release 64 for the sole purpose to decide to drop the series or not. Than Nintendo tried to block it off as a joke but confirmed later, and so far since then no Starfox. No announcements, and denials of the series being worked on. They will do the same thing for F-zero at some point. Most likely on Wii U.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#6 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Star Fox 64; best Star Fox game ever made.

F-Zero X is a good game too though, but not quite as good as SF64.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Forgotten by whom?

The people who never looked past Mario 64, Ocarina and GoldenEye?

Both franchises still have a big following, despite them missing out a generation.

I would be surprised if there was no new SF on the Wii U, they just should not outsource it to incompetent 3rd party devs like Namco again.

F-Zero is a bit more delicate but the fan demand is there.

At worst they could re-release GX in HD graphics and some extra features (same with Wind Waker as Wii U won't support GC games).

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nismology

Forgotten by whom?

Both franchises still have a big following, despite them missing out a generation.

nameless12345

This. /stupid thread.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

Ill take SF64 anyday. F-Zero was good, but IMO, did nothing special to separate itself from the competition. I think Nintendo will give F-Zero one more chance on the Wii U.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dj-Dampleaf

Forgotten by whom?

I would be surprised if there was no new SF on the Wii U, they just should not outsource it to incompetent 3rd party devs like Namco again.

F-Zero is a bit more delicate but the fan demand is there.

At worst they could re-release GX in HD graphics and some extra features (same with Wind Waker as Wii U won't support GC games).

nameless12345
You see to be heavily misinformed by saying Star Fox and F-Zero have large fanbases. When they don't and that's why Nintendo released Starfox 64 3D and used it to see if Star Fox was still relevant because it wasn't. I heard it has near average sales not sure if that means anything. Also I don't see how you figure a re-release of F-Zero GX would even work in terms of sales and profit. Also @nismology, sorry but you are really? I have no idea why you suddenly have to throw an insult in there but really? No, it's not a stupid thread, these are two of the lowest ranked Nintendo franchises and both are most of the time remembered by many for only 1 game. Starfox 64, and occasionally you will here about original Starfox especially in SNES graphics, but not much else. F-Zero on the SNES. Period. GX is not that well known and brawl helped it out a bit, while X is often not even mentioned. Why would Nintendo re-release Starfox 64 on DS to see if they will let go of the series or put it in a long hiatus until they figure out a way to bring it back? Why would they do that if the thread was stupid? Here you go (from 2012): http://starfox-online.net/page/index.html/_/star-fox-news/miyamoto-wants-star-fox-on-wiiu-r90

In a conversation with an IGN writer, focused on Metroid, Shigeru Miyamoto stated that his personal favorite choice for a franchise to appear on WiiU is Star Fox! He didn't go into detail, but it is a promising sign that Star Fox is still on the minds of people in power. Take this with some salt, though. Miyamoto has stated in the past that he wanted Star Fox on Wii, and that never materialized.

And(Star Fox 64 3D): http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?66402-If-Star-Fox-64-3D-doesn-t-sell-well-it-is-the-end-of-the-series-Miyamotohttp://www.nintendofanforum.com/showthread.php?t=8844

Miyamoto: Star Fox will be reborn if people buy 3DS remake. The future of series depends on success of Star Fox 64 3D

Now before you go in the direction of Lol it's not serious, because I know some of those people are on here, let's look at what we have- 1.Where was Star Fox before StarFox 3d in 2011, not anywhere really. 2.After? no where. 3.Miyamoto talked about Starfox on the Wii. Didn't happen. 4.Starfox 64 3D is the same game in 3D with nothing new and no online. 5.Star Fox Adventure sold average eventually after slow sales, but was mixed with critics and gamers usually leaning on the more negative side. 6.Star Fox Assault did not sell to expectations. Had similar critic standings as Adventures, although the fans at the time seemed to hate it more than Adventures until later, although both are highly mixed games for critics, SFFans, and Nintendo fans. 7.Does not have a very big community despite what some people say. 8. Star Fox Command is barely known as it is. 9. Miyamoto does what he did with the Wii. Wants Starfox on Wii U, yet no teams are working on Starfox, there was a link posted about SF development was happening on Wii u, but that link is long gone and has vanished, and we still here nothing but he wants it. 10.One of the lowest selling and inconsistent quality (with fans) Nintendo Franchise. Starfox has not brainwashed fans into buying each installment regardless of quality. That being said I think Starfox is a good series.
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nismology
If it really means that much to you, then fine. You win the debate, though I still fail to see how you can call two of the most well known games on the N64 'forgotten'. If you were referring to games like Mischief Makers or Blast Corps that are aften hailed as 'hidden gems', then I'd say fair enough, but taking two games that are on many people's 'must own' N64 games lists, and calling them 'forgotten'... leads me to conclude that this is a nonsensical thread. I just don't understand your way of thinking, and judging by the responses of other people who've posted here, I'm guessing they don't either.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I'm feel like Star Fox 64 is brought up a lot more than F-Zero X. The fact that Star Fox has the "do a barrell role" meme behind it helps that a lot too.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

I'm feel like Star Fox 64 is brought up a lot more than F-Zero X. The fact that Star Fox has the "do a barrell role" meme behind it helps that a lot too.

nintendofreak_2

Which came from Calvin and Hobbes, which is were most of the memes came from. Again, for the 5th time.

Edit: You weren't here for those threads nevermind.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dj-Dampleaf

If it really means that much to you, then fine. You win the debate, though I still fail to see how you can call two of the most well known games on the N64 'forgotten'. If you were referring to games like Mischief Makers or Blast Corps that are aften hailed as 'hidden gems', then I'd say fair enough, but taking two games that are on many people's 'must own' N64 games lists, and calling them 'forgotten'... leads me to conclude that this is a nonsensical thread. I just don't understand your way of thinking, and judging by the responses of other people who've posted here, I'm guessing they don't either.Nismology
The series are forgotten except for 1 game each. F-zero has sold barely 10 million in its life time at last read. Not even sure about Star Fox series, it may have sold more most likely. I am talking about the franchises as a whole.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

F-Zero X is the best F-Zero game ever, the 4 player split-screen mode made that game one of the best racers on the N64

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Which came from Calvin and Hobbes, which is were most of the memes came from. Again, for the 5th time.

Edit: You weren't here for those threads nevermind.

StatusShuffle

I didn't know that, but the fact that enough people think that meme originated from SF64 pretty much proves my point anyway.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
[QUOTE="Dj-Dampleaf"]Starfox was a little more so, however both are ill mentioned, even by Nintendo themselves nowadays. Which one hold up for you the most?

How can you say that when Star Fox just got a remake last year?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
This entire thread confuses me. I think the thread starter really needs to get more up to date with his gaming knowledge here. No entry in any of these series have been forgotten. And yes that includes the originals of both series. I still have them on my shelf with all my other games infact and collectors of the snes always target them as N64 owners target the n64 entries. There are thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people who remember these games. And if he's talking about the franchises as a whole he is even more wrong. There are game series out there which have received more attention from nintendo, especially recently, but these two are still very well known and still have massive fan bases who are almost on their knee's begging for a new proper entry to each series. Sorry dude, but you can continue to try and convince yourself that youre right, but a quick read of all the responces should be enough tell you that you're mistaken (theres no shame in that btw) and if you post this exact thread on any other gaming forums (modern or retro) you'll get much the same confused responces.
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="penpusher"]This entire thread confuses me. I think the thread starter really needs to get more up to date with his gaming knowledge here. No entry in any of these series have been forgotten. And yes that includes the originals of both series. I still have them on my shelf with all my other games infact and collectors of the snes always target them as N64 owners target the n64 entries. There are thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people who remember these games. And if he's talking about the franchises as a whole he is even more wrong. There are game series out there which have received more attention from nintendo, especially recently, but these two are still very well known and still have massive fan bases who are almost on their knee's begging for a new proper entry to each series. Sorry dude, but you can continue to try and convince yourself that youre right, but a quick read of all the responces should be enough tell you that you're mistaken (theres no shame in that btw) and if you post this exact thread on any other gaming forums (modern or retro) you'll get much the same confused responces.

You are getting known mixed up with relevance. Nobody talks much about the games after a certain point because most people stopped buying the games at a certain point. To be more specific, Nintendo released the Starfox 3D because nobody seemed interested in the franchise and it was selling poorly. they released it to see how the fans would react and how many would buy it. they didn't even put any effort into the port. I don't see how any of this is confusing so let me get some details out the way. I do not think either are bad series, and I know each has a fanbase, however, for all the people talking about wanting a new starfox or them to continue starfox they don't buy starfox games. So Starfox is not even profitable and neither is F-zero. They may make another F-zero but they have to be careful since F-zero is not a instant million seller in 5 week franchise. To most people Starfox and F-zero are done and that has been proven to Nintendo in sales, so it should be no surprise Star Fox 3D would be a valid way to find out. It is a remake of the most popular Starfox game and one of the most popular on the N64. As of now there is still no news about the status of the game with Nintendo. So we will have to wait and find out if there is enough support to risk a HD starfox on the Wii u. So this is not trying to start and argument or anything, maybe forgotten was the wrong choice of words, but I think I made my point much more clearer than I did before.
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"][QUOTE="Dj-Dampleaf"]Starfox was a little more so, however both are ill mentioned, even by Nintendo themselves nowadays. Which one hold up for you the most?

How can you say that when Star Fox just got a remake last year?

The remake was made to see if the series was relevant enough to continue and many sources still point to that. I am hoping for an HD assault type game on Wii U with better controls, big cities, and more flying as well. maybe even just jump in a ship and fly around. However, considering the remake is the exact same game in 3D with nothing added and no online, not sure how well they think that will do. In my area I see no price drop yet.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

We need a new F-Zero game.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

F-Zero X was definitely not well known, but I don't think Star Fox 64 was ever forgotten, it's usually considered one of the top 10 best N64 games on most lists. Loved them both though. I don't own F-Zero X, but it's towards the top of my most wanted N64 games.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I didn't play F-Zero X until after I played GX and it wasn't anywhere as good as GX, so that definitely affected my opinion of the game. I'd definitely have to go with Star Fox 64, one of my favorites in the series.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
[QUOTE="Dj-Dampleaf"][QUOTE="penpusher"]This entire thread confuses me. I think the thread starter really needs to get more up to date with his gaming knowledge here. No entry in any of these series have been forgotten. And yes that includes the originals of both series. I still have them on my shelf with all my other games infact and collectors of the snes always target them as N64 owners target the n64 entries. There are thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people who remember these games. And if he's talking about the franchises as a whole he is even more wrong. There are game series out there which have received more attention from nintendo, especially recently, but these two are still very well known and still have massive fan bases who are almost on their knee's begging for a new proper entry to each series. Sorry dude, but you can continue to try and convince yourself that youre right, but a quick read of all the responces should be enough tell you that you're mistaken (theres no shame in that btw) and if you post this exact thread on any other gaming forums (modern or retro) you'll get much the same confused responces.

You are getting known mixed up with relevance. Nobody talks much about the games after a certain point because most people stopped buying the games at a certain point. To be more specific, Nintendo released the Starfox 3D because nobody seemed interested in the franchise and it was selling poorly. they released it to see how the fans would react and how many would buy it. they didn't even put any effort into the port. I don't see how any of this is confusing so let me get some details out the way. I do not think either are bad series, and I know each has a fanbase, however, for all the people talking about wanting a new starfox or them to continue starfox they don't buy starfox games. So Starfox is not even profitable and neither is F-zero. They may make another F-zero but they have to be careful since F-zero is not a instant million seller in 5 week franchise. To most people Starfox and F-zero are done and that has been proven to Nintendo in sales, so it should be no surprise Star Fox 3D would be a valid way to find out. It is a remake of the most popular Starfox game and one of the most popular on the N64. As of now there is still no news about the status of the game with Nintendo. So we will have to wait and find out if there is enough support to risk a HD starfox on the Wii u. So this is not trying to start and argument or anything, maybe forgotten was the wrong choice of words, but I think I made my point much more clearer than I did before.

To be honest mate I'm a little confused what youre talking about. "Nintendo released the Starfox 3D because nobody seemed interested in the franchise and it was selling poorly", this sentence was all I needed to read to confirm that you seem to be confused about this entire topic as well. They didnt release it because no one was interested in the franchise, they did so because there was demand for the franchise to see more attention and has been for a while. Nintendo is a commercial company, no commercial company spends money making a product that they think is in low demand, because a product in low demand is unlikely to sell well. No competent business operates like this. If they wanted "a way out" they would just leave the franchise alone, there are plenty of other franchises that fell into the same fate you think starfox fell into and they were just cast aside by nintendo. I'm sorry dude but you do honestly seem to be getting things very wrong here. As I've said before, try posting your original post on any other forum, for example those of retrowaretv.com or clanofthegraywolf.com and you'll get the same confused responces.
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dj-Dampleaf
[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="Dj-Dampleaf"][QUOTE="penpusher"]This entire thread confuses me. I think the thread starter really needs to get more up to date with his gaming knowledge here. No entry in any of these series have been forgotten. And yes that includes the originals of both series. I still have them on my shelf with all my other games infact and collectors of the snes always target them as N64 owners target the n64 entries. There are thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people who remember these games. And if he's talking about the franchises as a whole he is even more wrong. There are game series out there which have received more attention from nintendo, especially recently, but these two are still very well known and still have massive fan bases who are almost on their knee's begging for a new proper entry to each series. Sorry dude, but you can continue to try and convince yourself that youre right, but a quick read of all the responces should be enough tell you that you're mistaken (theres no shame in that btw) and if you post this exact thread on any other gaming forums (modern or retro) you'll get much the same confused responces.

To be honest mate I'm a little confused what youre talking about. "Nintendo released the Starfox 3D because nobody seemed interested in the franchise and it was selling poorly", this sentence was all I needed to read to confirm that you seem to be confused about this entire topic as well. They didnt release it because no one was interested in the franchise, they did so because there was demand for the franchise to see more attention and has been for a while. Nintendo is a commercial company, no commercial company spends money making a product that they think is in low demand, because a product in low demand is unlikely to sell well. No competent business operates like this. If they wanted "a way out" they would just leave the franchise alone, there are plenty of other franchises that fell into the same fate you think starfox fell into and they were just cast aside by nintendo. I'm sorry dude but you do honestly seem to be getting things very wrong here. As I've said before, try posting your original post on any other forum, for example those of retrowaretv.com or clanofthegraywolf.com and you'll get the same confused responces.

So basically your whole post is saying Nintendo is lying about their own franchise and the game they released in that franchise and have no idea what they are talking about? Most gamers today making up most the sales of the 360, wii, and Ps3, and DS, and PSP, all don;t give to spit about Starfox 64, or no longer really mention or want to play it anymore. You hear Starfox 64 in "aww, remba duh nintendo 64?' "yes, remember Starfox 64? Tis awesome" great, ok, so every game after flopped in sales great. Starfox is a franchise that is not often remembered outside of maybe SSB all over. Just because a game used to be popular or infamous does not mean somehow it's going to stand through the test of time and keep that fame as widely as it was. Nintendo released the 3D version of Starfox 64 for the 3DS for the sole purpose of seeing if they can still make money off it, it's not even a remake, I can't even call it a version, it's the same freaking game. They aren't going to try with something that may not work, and so they released 3D to determine what to do. Not seeing how this is confusing and how nintendo has no idea what they are talking about with something they own.
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

F Zero was one of my fave games on the n64 for the 4 way multiplayer action, we had some absolutely epic battles on it and we still talk about them to this day. The random track generator levelled the field for everyone so no one had any unfair advantage and it came down to skill (most of the time:lol:).

I cant see us talking about GT5 or Forza multiplayer races the same way in years to come, its just not the same playing online opponents, half the fun is having a crowd of your best friends all huddled around you playing along.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I am almost certain that all the entries of both Star Fox and F-Zero franchises became Player's Choice titles at some point, so I do not know where people are getting that the sales are low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Selects#Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System

It seems that the original Star Fox did not make the cut. Either way, These two franchises sold enough in the past to become Player's Choice titles multiple times, so people's arguments about sales are dumb. These two franchise might not sell like Mario or Zelda, but they sell plenty.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

F-Zero X was definitely not well known, but I don't think Star Fox 64 was ever forgotten, it's usually considered one of the top 10 best N64 games on most lists. Loved them both though. I don't own F-Zero X, but it's towards the top of my most wanted N64 games.

Shenmue_Jehuty
Fzero was hyped upon release. It has been forgotten though, for sure. It's actually the best racer from that gen, IMO.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nameless12345

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Heirren

Fzero was hyped upon release. It has been forgotten though, for sure. It's actually the best racer from that gen, IMO.

Forgotten by those who never bothered checking out Ninty's games beyond Mario, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart and Pokemon...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

nameless12345

Forgotten by those who never bothered checking out Ninty's games beyond Mario, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart and Pokemon...

I don't understand your point.
ultramega9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ultramega9
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts

I am almost certain that all the entries of both Star Fox and F-Zero franchises became Player's Choice titles at some point, so I do not know where people are getting that the sales are low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Selects#Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System

It seems that the original Star Fox did not make the cut. Either way, These two franchises sold enough in the past to become Player's Choice titles multiple times, so people's arguments about sales are dumb. These two franchise might not sell like Mario or Zelda, but they sell plenty.

gamenerd15

So? Megaman legends got a greatest hits label, and nobody remembers that.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nameless12345

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Fzero was hyped upon release. It has been forgotten though, for sure. It's actually the best racer from that gen, IMO.Heirren

I ment that the only people who don't know F-Zero are those who are either too young and/or never checked out Nintendo games beyond those I mentioned in my previous post.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Star Fox 64 got a 3DS re-release. Back in 1997 Star Fox 64 rocked a Nintendo 64 classic. But the Star Fox series hasn't received a new installments since Star Fox Assault on the Gamecube. F-zero X is another series that hasn't really Nintendo hasn't featured recently either. Both Star Fox and F-zero have skipped the 7th generation. The Wii not really suited to these series.

But on N64 they rocked.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

ultramega9

So? Megaman legends got a greatest hits label, and nobody remembers that.

Others were saying that F-Zero had low sales and that GX bombed. Your comparison between F-Zero and Mega Man Legends is not accurate. F-Zero became a millionth seller time and time again. Mega Man Legends is not known because Capcom did not do anything with the franchise beyond the second game. Nintendo also promoted F-Zero a good bit when each game came out. No one knows if F-Zero is forgotten because there has not been a game in the franchise for a long time. The same could be said for F-Zero, but since every console entry has sold over a million units in the past, then there should be enough reason to make another game in the series. You are also comparing two different companies. Sony's Greatest Hits label does not really mean anything. Mod Nation Racers had a Greatest Hits release. That game obviously did not sell that well because the company is trying its hand at Kart Racing with Little Big Planet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

I ment that the only people who don't know F-Zero are those who are either too young and/or never checked out Nintendo games beyond those I mentioned in my previous post.

That's the thing though, Fzero WAS one of those Nintendo games. FzeroX was a huge N64 release, was of the upmost quality, and also well received by fans and critics. It fits the thread title perfectly. I very rarely see it listed as a "best" 64 game, or best from the given gen, when it really is one of the best. It puts Wipeout to shame.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
My question would be are F-Zero and Star Fox forgotten series? For me, they aren't. I enjoy the Star Fox games more, and the original is one of my favorite SNES games, but I own all the games with their names on the GameCube. I also own the Japanese SFC Star Fox, along with a boxed-complete SNES version. I also own 2 copies of Star Fox 64 (one is boxed-complete with rumble pack). I wish there'd been new releases on the Wii, but that didn't happen. There are rumors about a Metroid/Star Fox team-up themed game for Wii-U along with an F-Zero (something) for Nintendo Land, so obviously they aren't forgotten.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Both game series are great, IMO. But Star Fox, in particular, is not forgotten. Starfox has had plenty of subsequent releases that are all fine game. I could use another F-Zero, for sure, though. I'd be surprised if we didn't get another Starfox.