Forgotten gems!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fubbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 377

User Lists: 0

#1 fubbal
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts

Ok i'm sure this has ben done before but what are some of your favorite video games that don't get mentioned as often as some others.

I would say Ninja Crusaders,Little Nemo the Dream Master, and Shining the Holy Ark would be my top 3.

Ninja crusaders was a nes game and it was freakin hard.It had its own cool hooks though......you could transform into different animals and a dragon.WHile that might not sound cool at the time it was very cool.The game was hard very hard because if it was not you could probably beat it in under 20 min or less.

Nemo the dream master was another nes title that was based off of the movie.Unlike most movie games at the time this one was not only fun but it was also innovative.You didn't run jump and punch you fed stuff candy and in turn you could use different powers.While it might sound boring its anything but that.The level design and all the little bells and whistles truly set this game apart from the norm and it was really fun.

Now while this is a matter of opinion some say that square is the king of jrpgs I say that sega was.The phantasy star games,the shining force series and skies of arcadia were all better than any final fantasy game of the time.Thats just my opinion though but shing the holy ark is one over looked rpg.If you like the shining series or the golden sun games then you should check this game out.You play it kinda like doom but its pure rpg at the core.The exploration was really fun and you never got lost thanks to the dungeon map that was kinda like a metroid map in that you uncovered it as you went on.The music and battles were top notch and the game itself still retains much of its charm.

So what do you think?List some games that not many people have heard of and tell us why!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9563 Posts

1. Monster in My Pocket (NES)

2. Metal Warriors (SNES)

3. The Lone Ranger (NES)

4. Sunset Riders (SNES)

Ok, thats good for now... I might post some more later though

pspfanboy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 pspfanboy6
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

I really liked the Nes game, xexyz. Probably none of you have heard of this game, but I remember I liked this game alot. It had some neat power-ups, cool boss battles, quirky sci-fi music...i really liked it. If I go back to the game now, I would probably find a lot of faults with it tho.

fubbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fubbal

Those are good ones guys!

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
-King's Field 1 & 2 for the PS1 were absolutely incredible, and unique action-RPGs that are played from the first-person view. -Frankenstein: The Monster Returns for NES was a great action game with a pretty good storyline for the days of NES. It boggles my mind that the AVGN downed on this game. -Futurecop: LAPD for PS1 is a fun game where you just blow-up everything in site. -Actraiser for SNES is favorite of mine where there are SimCity type building scenarios, and has action-platforming stages. -PinBot for NES is a great pinball game that is very unique in the fact that as your score climbs, the board changes. -The Battle of Olympus for NES is a very underrated action-RPG that is very similar to Zelda 2: Link's Adventure for NES.
initialanarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 initialanarchy
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

Wetrix, an isometric tetris with water, earthquakes, rain, rainbows, and duckies. Try not to spill the water!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#7 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Rescue: The Embassy Mission. It was one of the first tactical shooter games, like Rainbow six for NES.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Clock Tower, pure and amazing survival horror.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

i remember getting Nemo the Dream Master on my NES and thinking WTF, and i was just a young kid at the time. to my surprise that game gave me some fond 8 bit memories. it was a great game that hardly gets mentioned. so yeah i'll agree with you tc and say it's easily in my top 10 forgotten gems. my #1 not forgotten, but most beloved NES expreience would have to be TLoZ 2. this game was great regardless of all the hate for it. it's in my top 3 of all time Zelda games, and it's what made me the gmr that i am today. this is no exageration. it was so difficult, but i can remember so much about this game. i have never had a boss fight that wooed me like fighting Links shadow. it's still a challenge to this very day.

fubbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fubbal

i remember getting Nemo the Dream Master on my NES and thinking WTF, and i was just a young kid at the time. to my surprise that game gave me some fond 8 bit memories. it was a great game that hardly gets mentioned. so yeah i'll agree with you tc and say it's easily in my top 10 forgotten gems. my #1 not forgotten, but most beloved NES expreience would have to be TLoZ 2. this game was great regardless of all the hate for it. it's in my top 3 of all time Zelda games, and it's what made me the gmr that i am today. this is no exageration. it was so difficult, but i can remember so much about this game. i have never had a boss fight that wooed me like fighting Links shadow. it's still a challenge to this very day.

zmbi_gmr

Zelda 2 was awsome.It took me a real long time to find that stupid hammer lol!

Avatar image for ClassicGamerH20
ClassicGamerH20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 ClassicGamerH20
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

Harvest moon a wonderful life? :D

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"] -Futurecop: LAPD for PS1 is a fun game where you just blow-up everything in site.

I remember this one, it was quite cool! Hasn't it been released on PSN recently or something?
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

2. Metal Warriors (SNES)WitIsWisdom

-gives you a golden star- It is indeed a forgotten gem.

Now what i think is a forgotten gem:

Equinox/Solstice II (SNES)

JohnnyRebel33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 JohnnyRebel33
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts

i was always a fan of Solomans Key, Spyhunter, Tribes 2, Batman (the original NES), Warhawk, just to name a few...

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
Monster in My Pocket (NES)WitIsWisdom
I LOVED that game. But it came out after the Genesis and SNES were big, that's why it didn't get the attention it deserved. I was poor at the time, so I was still playing my NES.
E-123Wario54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 E-123Wario54
Member since 2010 • 1020 Posts

i was always a fan of Solomans Key, Spyhunter, Tribes 2, Batman (the original NES), Warhawk, just to name a few...

JohnnyRebel33

Solomon's Key--that's the one! Also, how about Dragon Power? The American version of the first Dragon Ball NES game. It seemed to just be dumped into the American market and everyone forgot about it. Also, Burai Fighter and Splatterhouse. Those are just some I find enjoyable and forgotten.:D