Forced manual labor for PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for experience_fade
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By experience_fade
Member since 2012 • 347 Posts

http://kotaku.com/report-college-students-forced-to-make-playstation-4-1443353519

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/chinese-students-forced-to-work-in-playstation-4-factory-report/1100-6415517/

And by the way CarnageHeart, in a previous thread you questioned my opinion on how the gaming media has absolutely done more damage (to the Xbox One) in this next gen battle than even Microsoft had with its first round decisions, here's an example of what I mean.

Most gaming websites are not reporting on this, the most trafficked one (IGN), included.

Seriously though, if in this forced-to-make-PS4 article, the acronym "PS4" was switched with "Xbox One", do you really not see how much different everyone would be acting?

EVERY website would report on it, SolidSnake would have a thread up on here before you could blink, and someone from Microsoft would have to comment on a news website (and thus, create another article filled with comment rage).

Does anyone not see how ridiculous all of this is? Seriously, look around, I'd wager less than 30% of the most popular gaming websites aren't even covering this story.

Ohhh, the hypocrisy of it all.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

So the console's now a conflict diamond eh. Rats. I think if some of us visited a Foxconn plant we'd be sick to our stomachs in full realization of what tech we use and buy or think of buying, that produced by slaving hands.

The Iphone was only the tip of the iceberg. This is China we're talking about after all.

Maybe this comes back to the fact that we barely manufacture a thing here in the States but live off the dollar being the world reserve currency.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

@experience_fade said:

Seriously though, if in this forced-to-make-PS4 article, the acronym "PS4" was switched with "Xbox One", do you really not see how much different everyone would be acting?

EVERY website would report on it, SolidSnake would have a thread up on here before you could blink, and someone from Microsoft would have to comment on a news website (and thus, create another article filled with comment rage).

Does anyone not see how ridiculous all of this is? Seriously, look around, I'd wager less than 30% of the most popular gaming websites aren't even covering this story.

So do you want to talk about the news story, or do you want to call people out and start a fight in the first post? I can't tell. Between this and your last thread where you arguing that because people were being mean to a transgendered person, we should all rethink our position on the Xbox One, I'm starting to doubt the quality of thread that you want to make. Are you here to talk about a legitimately threadworthy news story, or to play Xbox Defense Force?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@experience_fade said:

Oh give me a freaking break. I am smart enough to realize that this is NOT a PS4 story. Sony does not make PS4s, they contract it out to Foxxcon which is responsible for this.

You know what else Foxxcon is manufacturing right now? Xbox One. Apple iPhone. Xbox 360. PS3. Hell, maybe even Nintendo Wii U. THey manufacture practically everything and their terrible practices have been chronicled EVERYWHERE.

Enough with the persecution complex and stop using my name to make your uneducated and illogical points.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

If you want to remake the thread and have it be about the news story and not about calling people out, do it.