Finished Half-Life 2 Again...Still Not Impressed.

• 52 results
mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#51 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER: they gave Isaac Clark a voice in Dead Space 2, so it felt more justified than blindly following orders in the first game. Link is a hero avatar, and his lack of speech is subverted by his expressive nature and dialogue options in the 3D games. Gordon Freeman is just there being talked to and having no input in anything. He's more like a puppet than a fleshed out character. And don't give me his backstory because backstory doesn't form a character. In RPGs and games where you make a character, it makes sense for the character to be silent because they're supposed to be a vessel for what you wanna be. Freeman already has an established appearance and backstory, so I can't insert myself into that role.

I can't justify the controls because they didn't feel fun for me. I was more frustrated than anything. But hey, to each their own.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#52 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I honestly didn't like it that much, either. Also, **** that 20 hour long vehicle sequence.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@firefox59 said:

All it proves is that the game has a lot of hype and a ton of fans. He tried the game again because of that. I know I've given a game another chance after having decided that I wouldn't play it, all because of word of mouth. I'm sure most of us has.

I've never done that. In fact, that just seems plain weird to me.