Final Fantasy VII Remake - Yes or No?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Personally,i'd rather a game,that takes place 2-5 years after Dirge of Cerberus,but if they could do both,that'd be awesome!

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

Yes, because lets face it. Final Fantasy XIII sucked. Square has no ideas left to make a great Final Fantasy game. So remake it, it worked for Resident Evil.

raven325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raven325
Member since 2005 • 2939 Posts

I say yes. I am currently replaying FFVII, and I would love to see it done with better graphics.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Yes, because lets face it. Final Fantasy XIII sucked. Square has no ideas left to make a great Final Fantasy game. So remake it, it worked for Resident Evil.

Tangmashi

Final Fantasy XIII was garbage. It was the last straw for me, which means that I've lost my complete faith in the series after playing it.

That being said, a remake on FFVIII? I love the original the way it is, so I prefer that they do not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

They'd ruin it with a voice track.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Yes, i willl definitely get it. My favorite FF game.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Only if they don't add voices or, if they do, have an option to turn them off. And they would have to keep the game the way it is, just with newer graphics and fixed translations. The only things they should add are a few extra side quests, new places to explore with new enemies and maybe some new Materia.

But if they did remake it, they will f*** it up anyway... :(

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreekGameManiac

Only if they don't add voices or, if they do, have an option to turn them off. And they would have to keep the game the way it is, just with newer graphics and fixed translations. The only things they should add are a few extra side quests, new places to explore with new enemies and maybe some new Materia.

KnightSkull

What are you talking about! :S

Technology is so evolved today,it'd be awesome!

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Definitely no with current SE. They will ruin it plus horrid VA and script. If Versus XIII is well received by fans then let Nomura handles the remake. If Versus XIII isn't good then forget it. Might as well destroy FF brand by selling it to Activision.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

GreekGameManiac

What are you talking about! :S

Technology is so evolved today,it'd be awesome!

Better tech does NOT mean better games.

TheEnd54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEnd54321
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

Heck yes, it would sell like crazy.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I rather get HD versions of VI and IX.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Final Fantasy VII was okay but there are better Final Fantasy games out there. Also, Final Fantasy XIII was not a bad game.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
VII marked when the final fantasy series started relying more and more on its visuals (although ffxii felt like a nice departure). in that sense, i think it would be good for the game to give those creatures and set pieces the awe they used to have.
teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts

I rather get HD versions of VI and IX.Dracula68

Drac, you're simply a genius. I would even love to see VI redone in 3d as III in HD. If done correcty, that would be really something. And I'd really love to see IX in HD as well, it would be awesome if they remastered the videos in the game too. I'd love to see the fight between bahamut and alexander in hd remastered glory. :)

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I think it would be awesome. Don't see why so people are against voices though, I think the cast they hired for the spin offs were great. Well... Except Vincent. I am not a fan of his gruffy Wolverine voice, but I got used to it and it doesn't bother me much anymore. But the rest, I think,are perfect.

But yeah, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have an option to turn them off for the people who don't like them, but they should definitly give them voices if they are gonna make the game. And I don't have any reason to belive the remake would turn out bad either. Just because FF XIII had problems, doesn't mean they will do the same thing with a VII remake.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

syztem

With voices? No, that would make it feel more like a current Final Fantasy.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
No. The director said it would take 10 years to remake the entire game and do it justice. And I'd rather see a FFX remake before VII.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I rather get HD versions of VI and IX.teufelherz

Drac, you're simply a genius. I would even love to see VI redone in 3d as III in HD. If done correcty, that would be really something. And I'd really love to see IX in HD as well, it would be awesome if they remastered the videos in the game too. I'd love to see the fight between bahamut and alexander in hd remastered glory. :)

Well we are seeing tons or HD collections releasing lately so that would be my pick. If we ever had one of course:P

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
yes, please
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

No, after FF13 i dont trust squeenix anymore as a developer.

I like FF7 and i just know they will screw it up.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Yes, because the latest ones have sucked.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#23 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

syztem

This. FF Advent Children wasn't bad, but the lack of voices added another layer to the fantasy to the game.

TNC420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TNC420
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Final Fantasy XIII was so awesome (just not an awesome FF game) I would rather them remake FFVI with some crisper graphics like 32bit or so. I wouldn't want them to do it with polygons I think that would diminish the feel of the game. VII would be good but I feel that game is a tad over-rated but it was still the reason why I bought a ps1 :p
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

They might as well. It's not like SE has any better ideas to spend their time on.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Metamania

[QUOTE="syztem"]

BranKetra

This. FF Advent Children was bad, but the lack of voices added another layer to the fantasy to the game.

I liked how, in the old days, role-playing games like Final Fantasy IV made you use your imagination for voices. Today, it's hard to do so, since they include them in the game, so we are used to them. Whether that's a positive or negative, I'm not sure, but sometimes, I just wish for an RPG with little to no voice at all, but only in rare instances.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="syztem"]

Metamania

This. FF Advent Children was bad, but the lack of voices added another layer to the fantasy to the game.

I liked how, in the old days, role-playing games like Final Fantasy IV made you use your imagination for voices. Today, it's hard to do so, since they include them in the game, so we are used to them. Whether that's a positive or negative, I'm not sure, but sometimes, I just wish for an RPG with little to no voice at all, but only in rare instances.

Well there are still plenty of RPGs with no voices. Most of them are on handhelds though. But there are also some on Wii, like Fire Emblem. And most Tales games give you the option to turn voices off if you don't want them.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] This. FF Advent Children was bad, but the lack of voices added another layer to the fantasy to the game.

lazyathew

Well there are still plenty of RPGs with no voices. Most of them are on handhelds though. But there are also some on Wii, like Fire Emblem. And most Tales games give you the option to turn voices off if you don't want them.

The only two Tales games I've played, from start to finish, was Abyss and Vesperia. Luke (from Abyss) was such a crybaby in the beginning, but it's how the story was told, so I didn't have much complaint about him, just irrirated every now and then. But both games had great voice acting for all characters involved. As for the handhelds, that's no surprise to me at all.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Make V and VI first!

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
No thanks. I'd rather see a whole new game than just a remake.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#31 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

a remake would be cool. Not just a hd remake like PoP and GoW series. A total graphical remake so it looks like it is a ps3 game.

A dirge of cerberus game remake would be cool. (only if they included options to edit the controller scheme)

Every FF has been crap after 10.

But I personally think square should remake chrono trigger.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="syztem"]

Metamania

Just so you know, I meant Advent Children wasn't bad. Anyway, that's what I mean. That's one of the things about Metroid that I liked. I usually don't play games with only-female leads. Metroid is an exception. Nothing against women, it's just that since I'm a guy, I like to play as one. Metroid Prime's and the previous game's silent protagonist probably helped with the immersion.

It was the same for me with FFVII. Up to that point,I was playing fighting games like MK, SF, action and sport games. I like fiction, so it was kind of like reading a book, only actually taking part in the story.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

They might as well. It's not like SE has any better ideas to spend their time on.

Jackc8
x2
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GreekGameManiac

Thanks.

Any more opinions?

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Tangmashi

So you'd trust a company that hasn't made a good Final Fantasy in almost a decade to remake possibly the greatest RPG ever made? I don't think so. For this very reason I really want FFVII to remain only in the original Playstation, without any remakes, reboots and the like.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

No, I rather see a remake to Tactics War of the Lions, FFIX,VI, VIII. I would include FFXII but it's way too soon to even hope for a remake of that title.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#37 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

If they can do it and manage to make a profit, I would say go for it. It would be enough to justify buying a console. The remake treatment has worked for other classics, so FFVII should be a no-brainer.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#38 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Nope, the amount of writing, scripting and cinematics involved to keep up with the current standards of big production values will most likely kill square-enix. I dont even think a FFVII remake would significantly sell more than FFXIII anyway.

On the handhelds though, I think it's possible for a slight update for the handhelds and smartphone -- that is a huge market to take advantage of.

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

ff7 hd remake ohh yes

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Please no. In fact, gamers would be fine without another Final Fantasy game period.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuistisTrepe_

No, I rather see a remake to Tactics War of the Lions,

jasonharris48

Considering War of the Lions was already an update, I don't see why this would ever happen.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QuistisTrepe_

Final Fantasy XIII was garbage.

Metamania

I'm not sure why you give this game so much grief. All SE did was remove the illusion that FF featured open worlds. You ought to thank SE for streamlining away the needless bloat.

And I'd rather see a FFX remake before VII.foxhound_fox

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

No, I rather see a remake to Tactics War of the Lions,

QuistisTrepe_

Considering War of the Lions was already an update, I don't see why this would ever happen.

I aare that it won't happen but, doesn't change the fact I wouldn't mind seeing a HD version of the game.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Final Fantasy XIII was garbage.

QuistisTrepe_

I'm not sure why you give this game so much grief. All SE did was remove the illusion that FF featured open worlds. You ought to thank SE for streamlining away the needless bloat.

And I'd rather see a FFX remake before VII.foxhound_fox

Truer words have never been spoken. FF has never had an open world free to skip around in... until the end of the game. Most all FF's have overworld maps but the progression through that vast overworld has always been linear. Until the end of the game, where usually an airship is obtained, is where the game opens up and you're free to do as you please, or just progress to the game's final encounter. It baffled me at the amount ofpeople who condemned FF13 due to it's linearity. At the end of the game, you're free to go to Gran Pulse and do all the side missions, and Titan's Challenge.

While it may not be as exciting as exploring an overworld map, or have the crazy amounts of side content that some other FF's have, it followed the same formula as others IMO.

supergp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 supergp17
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Its gonna take more than a FFVII remake to get me to buy another square game. FFXIII was pretty bad, but it was that pile of **** FFXIV that did it for me. I'm done with them.

Seifer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 Seifer24
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

Final fantasy remake 10000 yes from me.I cant wait anymore it is the best game of my life along with castlevania symphony of the night

Ovalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ovalia
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
If they're going to do this I'd say do it with VIII or IX first. These two are still great games, but I think there'd be a bit more room for error/improvement. With FF VII they'd have to do it perfectly as there are plenty of diehard fans out there. I agree with not having voices personally, because it means you can see the character as you want. I know the voice may not seem like much but imagine they made cloud more like a teenager?(which he really is when you think about the situations he is in) I don't know about you, but I knew he was young enough for me to relate to, but still had a voice that was strong. He complained. Not "moaned". That's just my opinion though. About the Linear/Non-linear You got the ship fairly early in FF VII? And there was the gold saucer, Vincent, Yuffie, Ultimate weapons etc.. Not linear but you didn't really forget the storyline, which can happen in some games. I think the balance was right. I hate being told I'm not allowed to go places in games without a half decent reaason, but I just as much hate not being told what to do at all! You need to be able to take a break or do some fun extras without being taken off the main story. You should be able to dive right back in.....That's just how I feel.
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

i was having fun with final fantasy 13 until i reached the 3rd hour and the game froze on the same loading screen 8 times in a row on my less than two week old xbox. square straight up stole my money and i'll never purchase another square product again after last remnant (another broken game) and final fantasy 13 basically stole money from me.

Avatar image for lostchildoftime
lostchildoftime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostchildoftime
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

No. Pray be to the gods no. I believe FFVII is a classic that should be left untouched. If they do, the only way I may be convinced enough to check it out is if there is no voice acting, as I am a firm believer that VA is done (in the majority of JRPGs I've played) poorly in English.