FINAL FANTASY VII (good, but mostly bad)

• 191 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juryau
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts
I don't want to hate.... I love the FF main series and I've played every single one... Passed every single one with exception of XI and XIV (MMO's)... Anyhow I hate XII, but I want to be able to lead a discussion about FF VII... To discuss the good, but mostly the bad.. Too many people praise and call it perfect, but i want to talk about the faults of it, and why so many people like it..
wraithbladeuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 wraithbladeuk
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

It certainly wasn't perfect. The characters were very stereotypical, the angsty hero, the wise-talking black dude 'from the streets', the shy flower girl, they're all there. The plot was sometimes confusing, the battle system was easily manipulable (the right combination of materia would make you literally invincible. I didn't even fight Ruby or Emerald weapon, I just equipped the right materia, turned over, watched a film for an hour, flicked back and it was done) and the translation is quite something as far as spelling and grammar go.

As far as the good points go, the soundtrack was amazing. As stereotypical as the 'save the world' storyline is, it was done in a great way that made it a memorable experience (Most people I know cried at the death scene...). As far as scope go, it was a huge game for the day, with hidden areas, secret characters, hidden materia and summons and a few optional bosses to reward those that strayed from the beaten path. The mini games were quite well realised and helped break the pace.

Much as it isn't, and never was, perfect, it was still a ground-breaking game for the time, being the first 'real' RPG a lot of western gamers really got to grips with. Love it or hate it, it really revoutionised and popularised the genre.

Now get rid of Enix, go back to being SquareSoft and start making good games again =(

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I played the game for the first time pretty recently, justa few years ago. And I love it, the music, story and battle system are very good. The biggest problem actually is I found the curser kinda hard to control in battle sometimes, trying to move it quickly to bring a team mate back to lifesometimes resulted in targeting the wrong person, or just not being quick enough. And trying to climb latters is a pain sometimes, you have to face it JUST right.

But other then these minor problems, the game is great, a remake with PS3 graphics and voice acting would be great though, but considering the time it came from, it is nearly perfect and holds up very well today.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juryau

It certainly wasn't perfect. The characters were very stereotypical, the angsty hero, the wise-talking black dude 'from the streets', the shy flower girl, they're all there. The plot was sometimes confusing, the battle system was easily manipulable (the right combination of materia would make you literally invincible. I didn't even fight Ruby or Emerald weapon, I just equipped the right materia, turned over, watched a film for an hour, flicked back and it was done) and the translation is quite something as far as spelling and grammar go.

As far as the good points go, the soundtrack was amazing. As stereotypical as the 'save the world' storyline is, it was done in a great way that made it a memorable experience (Most people I know cried at the death scene...). As far as scope go, it was a huge game for the day, with hidden areas, secret characters, hidden materia and summons and a few optional bosses to reward those that strayed from the beaten path. The mini games were quite well realised and helped break the pace.

Much as it isn't, and never was, perfect, it was still a ground-breaking game for the time, being the first 'real' RPG a lot of western gamers really got to grips with. Love it or hate it, it really revoutionised and popularised the genre.

Now get rid of Enix, go back to being SquareSoft and start making good games again =(

wraithbladeuk
Yes, thank you.. finally someone who knows how i feel... i call final fantasy 1-6 the orignal since they were the ones that made the series iconic.... 7 made it ocerrated... as for the whole concept of 7, its just too gimmicky. its kinda hard to explain in words though...
wraithbladeuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 wraithbladeuk
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

Yes, thank you.. finally someone who knows how i feel... i call final fantasy 1-6 the orignal since they were the ones that made the series iconic.... 7 made it ocerrated... as for the whole concept of 7, its just too gimmicky. its kinda hard to explain in words though...Juryau

It's refreshing to find someone who thinks that =D I have to say 4 is possibly my favourite... It takes pride of place in my epic FF collection =P

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juryau

[QUOTE="Juryau"]

Yes, thank you.. finally someone who knows how i feel... i call final fantasy 1-6 the orignal since they were the ones that made the series iconic.... 7 made it ocerrated... as for the whole concept of 7, its just too gimmicky. its kinda hard to explain in words though...wraithbladeuk

It's refreshing to find someone who thinks that =D I have to say 4 is possibly my favourite... It takes pride of place in my epic FF collection =P

yes 4 was so epic... the story-line and the characters brought depth... cecil had his own inner demons and as the story progresses he goes from bad guy to good guy and becomes a paladin... as for me it has to be 6 if i had to choose from the originals...
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lazyathew

Yeah, IV is one of my favorites as well. It's a tough choice which I like better actually between IV and VII. IV definitly had the best lead character though that's for sure. But I think VII still had a better cast overall. Sure, it had some stereotypes, but I still love Cid. Vincent is pretty cool too, even if he isn't entirelyoriginal.And Red XIII is pretty unique, and cool.

Unoriginally isn't always bad I think if it's presented well, and they do cool things with it. VII did that I think.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I say that I've been a fan and have been playing the Final Fantasy series since the beginning, but for me it was Final Fantasy III (Super Nintendo) that really made me absolutely love the series.

Now, when thinking about all the previous Final Fantasy games before Final Fantasy VII and then finally playing FinalFantasy VIII think the hype is well founded and I do think Final Fantasy VII is perfect in every way. Now, this is my opinion (and I just wanted to stress that before I continue on here). The characters, the story, the graphics (yes, Final Fantasy VII does have graphics), and the soundtrack (a beautiful soundtrack), and just everything came together so nicely. Plus, I can't think of an RPG I wanted more than Final Fantasy VII (an RPG dream come true for me).

So, I can't agree with the "mostly bad" because (and I know this is hard to believe) I didn't experience anything "bad" about it. I felt is was a magical experience from start to finish and definitely ranks in my top ten of my favorite video games of all-time. Concluding remark: I don't support a Final Fantasy VII remake because it's just fine the way it is.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juryau

Yeah, IV is one of my favorites as well. It's a tough choice which I like better actually between IV and VII. IV definitly had the best lead character though that's for sure. But I think VII still had a better cast overall. Sure, it had some stereotypes, but I still love Cid. Vincent is pretty cool too, even if he isn't entirelyoriginal.And Red XIII is pretty unique, and cool.

Unoriginally isn't always bad I think if it's presented well, and they do cool things with it. VII did that I think.

lazyathew
Its true that VII isnt bad but i dislike te fans behind it.. and i mean the fanatics that make it overrated.. the game has been turned from a game into a stupid showcase of scene kids, fan base, and so much... i think its not VII thats the problem, but the people that try to make it look "perfect"
Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

I liked the game enough to not regret buying it, but it's one of my least favourite in the series. My main gripes with the game are:

1) The materia system - This system really encouraged you to make carbon copy characters, and the minute variances in each characters base stats didn't help this problem either. I much prefer RPGs where different character classes exist and are enforced, such as in FF4, FF9, etc

2) The ATB system - I've never liked this system. In easy fights it slows combat down, and in difficult fights it encourages hasty rather than strategic decision making. In FFVII it seemed particularly slow, to the point that even with the battle speed turned up I was still waiting around to choose attacks in many fights. Slow random encounters just make a game drag on.

3) The story. With gameplay frustrations like those I just listed, this game needed to have a near perfect story to be considered a great game. Sadly, it didn't hold my interest all that much because I'd already played plenty of "save the world" RPG plots, and this one didn't really stand out much. The characters didn't help this, as I found Cloud and Sephiroth rather irritating and the majority of the rest of the cast rather 2 dimensional.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Juryau

I say that I've been a fan and have been playing the Final Fantasy series since the beginning, but for me it was Final Fantasy III (Super Nintendo) that really made me absolutely love the series.

Now, when thinking about all the previous Final Fantasy games before Final Fantasy VII and then finally playing FinalFantasy VIII think the hype is well founded and I do think Final Fantasy VII is perfect in every way. Now, this is my opinion (and I just wanted to stress that before I continue on here). The characters, the story, the graphics (yes, Final Fantasy VII does have graphics), and the soundtrack (a beautiful soundtrack), and just everything came together so nicely. Plus, I can't think of an RPG I wanted more than Final Fantasy VII (an RPG dream come true for me).

So, I can't agree with the "mostly bad" because (and I know this is hard to believe) I didn't experience anything "bad" about it. I felt is was a magical experience from start to finish and definitely ranks in my top ten of my favorite video games of all-time. Concluding remark: I don't support a Final Fantasy VII remake because it's just fine the way it is.

Koi-Neon-X
I dont want a remake either... the game is good.. and all these stupid VII spin offs were just made to appeal to the crazy fans of VII.. a remake would only destroy what little purity VII has... Its already been bombarded too much...
Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juryau

I liked the game enough to not regret buying it, but it's one of my least favourite in the series. My main gripes with the game are:

1) The materia system - This system really encouraged you to make carbon copy characters, and the minute variances in each characters base stats didn't help this problem either. I much prefer RPGs where different character classes exist and are enforced, such as in FF4, FF9, etc

2) The ATB system - I've never liked this system. In easy fights it slows combat down, and in difficult fights it encourages hasty rather than strategic decision making. In FFVII it seemed particularly slow, to the point that even with the battle speed turned up I was still waiting around to choose attacks in many fights. Slow random encounters just make a game drag on.

3) The story. With gameplay frustrations like those I just listed, this game needed to have a near perfect story to be considered a great game. Sadly, it didn't hold my interest all that much because I'd already played plenty of "save the world" RPG plots, and this one didn't really stand out much. The characters didn't help this, as I found Cloud and Sephiroth rather irritating and the majority of the rest of the cast rather 2 dimensional.

Beard_
As with the materia system i agree with you.. thats why V is so amazing because it allowed the characters to became whatever we wanted, but still retain their originality..
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

Juryau

Its true that VII isnt bad but i dislike te fans behind it.. and i mean the fanatics that make it overrated.. the game has been turned from a game into a stupid showcase of scene kids, fan base, and so much... i think its not VII thats the problem, but the people that try to make it look "perfect"

The problem is the fact that you think we "fanatics" make it overrated because it's not. It's a very successful entry in the Final Fantasy series and has received much praise and great reviews (and deservedly so). I don't have to make it look perfect because if I feel that it is inmy view then that's enough-for me. You and maybe some other people may not think that it's perfect and that's fine as everyone has their own opinion. Just don't try to sell me that's it's "overrated" or a "stupid showcase" and that I'm pumping up a game that has clearly proven to be a critical success to not only the fans, but a commercial success as well.

The question I have is this: if I feel that Final Fantasy VII is perfect and you don't: what's the problem? we all have different perceptions of things and there are times we agree with each other 100% so why do some people feel the need to (and I'll put this nicely) try to rain on someone else's parade because they don't feel that way too?

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juryau

[QUOTE="Juryau"][QUOTE="lazyathew"]

Koi-Neon-X

The problem is the fact that you think we "fanatics" make it overrated because it's not. It's a very successful entry in the Final Fantasy series and has received much praise and great reviews (and deservedly so). I don't have to make it look perfect because if I feel that it is inmy view then that's enough-for me. You and maybe some other people may not think that it's perfect and that's fine as everyone has their own opinion. Just don't try to sell me that's it's "overrated" or a "stupid showcase" and that I'm pumping up a game that has clearly proven to be a critical success to not only the fans, but a commercial success as well.

The question I have is this: if I feel that Final Fantasy VII is perfect and you don't: what's the problem? we all have different perceptions of things and there are times we agree with each other 100% so why do some people feel the need to (and I'll put this nicely) try to rain on someone else's parade because they don't feel that way too?

I think i made it sound bad and i apologize but what im trying to say is that many fans try to glorify VII to the point that they reject every single other ff... then they claim FF VII by itself is original and that VII is "THE" rpg.. its those fans that piss me off... i dont want to rage but i just want to get my point across successfully.. its just hard to explain in typing..
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Koi-Neon-X

I apologize if my tone seems harsh (things tend to sound differently when e-mailing, texting, or posting ina forum) I just notice this is happening a lot lately in regards to great video games getting trashed because one or more people dare to thinka particular video game isawesomeand without flaw. I'm not saying my feelings take priority of yours and my opinions are are better than yours because that's not the case. It's all based on opinion and perception. I'll just say this: my opinion about Final Fantasy VII or any other game I think is "amazing" or "flawless" is not going to change just because you think it should or you think differently.

I wouldn't want anyone to feel differently or not support what video game(s) they like based on how I perceive it or my opinion nor would I suggest to anyone that "hey, it's NOT what YOU think it is!" why? because you said so? I'm sorry, but I don't agree-at all.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Juryau

I apologize if my tone seems harsh (things tend to sound differently when e-mailing, texting, or posting ina forum) I just notice this is happening a lot lately in regards to great video games getting trashed because one or more people dare to thinka particular video game isawesomeand without flaw. I'm not saying my feelings take priority of yours and my opinions are are better than yours because that's not the case. It's all based on opinion and perception. I'll just say this: my opinion about Final Fantasy VII or any other game I think is "amazing" or "flawless" is not going to change just because you think it should or you think differently.

I wouldn't want anyone to feel differently or not support what video game(s) they like based on how I perceive it or my opinion nor would I suggest to anyone that "hey, it's NOT what YOU think it is!" why? because you said so? I'm sorry, but I don't agree-at all.

Koi-Neon-X
i understand but some ppl need some reminders on the fact that just like great men who have flaws.. great games have flaws too... this topic was made by me to try to bring out ppl with shared feelings about VII.. its good but whats been happening with it over the years is not necessarily "great". i know VII got all these spin offs, continuations, movie, and other stuff, but the other FF games should be looked upon too... this doesnt mean VII is the only FF game but it shouldnt be like snooty brother that hogs up all the spotlight...
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Koi-Neon-X

I think i made it sound bad and i apologize but what im trying to say is that many fans try to glorify VII to the point that they reject every single other ff... then they claim FF VII by itself is original and that VII is "THE" rpg.. its those fans that piss me off... i dont want to rage but i just want to get my point across successfully.. its just hard to explain in typing..

I agree. Things do tend to get lost in translation and it would probably be a lot different if we were all face-to-face havinga discussion. I think there are a lot of original things about Final Fantasy VII. Why? because there are a lot of things I've experienced in Final Fantasy VII that I haven't seen in any other video game I've played. I don't know why you'd be so upset that, for someone else, Final Fantasy VII is THE RPG to them. I've read somewhere that "Chrono Cross" is THE RPG. Y'know what? I've played it, I like it, still working on it because I just bought it recently, and thus far "I" don't think so. It's still a great RPG however and how I feel or don't feel about itdoesn't change that.I still believe RPGs like Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII (heck I'll even throw in VIII, IX, X, and XII because they're awesome too) as MY top RPG experiences.

I've been labled a fanboy because of my passion for video games like The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. So, if loving a series with all my heart earns me the label of fanboy then so be it. I appreciate and love video games (not all of them however lol). I do agree that by glorifying FFVII and forgetting the rest doesn't make sense simply because each one is its own experience and quite frankly they're OUTSTANDING experiences (in my view). Just don't forget we're all entitled to feel what we feel and not everyone is going to feel the same on the matter.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juryau

Koi-Neon-X

I agree. Things do tend to get lost in translation and it would probably be a lot different if we were all face-to-face havinga discussion. I think there are a lot of original things about Final Fantasy VII. Why? because there are a lot of things I've experienced in Final Fantasy VII that I haven't seen in any other video game I've played. I don't know why you'd be so upset that, for someone else, Final Fantasy VII is THE RPG to them. I've read somewhere that "Chrono Cross" is THE RPG. Y'know what? I've played it, I like it, still working on it because I just bought it recently, and thus far "I" don't think so. It's still a great RPG however and how I feel or don't feel about itdoesn't change that.I still believe RPGs like Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII (heck I'll even throw in VIII, IX, X, and XII because they're awesome too) as MY top RPG experiences.

I've been labled a fanboy because of my passion for video games like The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. So, if loving a series with all my heart earns me the label of fanboy then so be it. I appreciate and love video games (not all of them however lol). I do agree that by glorifying FFVII and forgetting the rest doesn't make sense simply because each one is its own experience and quite frankly they're OUTSTANDING experiences (in my view). Just don't forget we're all entitled to feel what we feel and not everyone is going to feel the same on the matter.

I love video games too and when it comes down to what genre of VG's are my fav its RPG's.. but also growing up ive seen how its changed Rpgs are starting to become to where companies are trying to make them to apeal to a larger crowd.. i remember rpgs were a bit more closed off and only ppl who were into rpgs played them.. it made rgs pure and alot of ppl who began to play rpgs at that time really felt the true essence of it amazingness... the reason i felt like VII was headed the wrong way was because of how it was displayed, announce, and advertised.. im just a concern rpgist.. by making this topic i also wondered if anyone else at that time understood what began to happen.. Rpgs nowadays are still good, but it has become difficult for them to stay stable.. I feel VII became a victim.. like i said before i still love VII.. but when u begin to disscuss its flaws i tend to weed out some ppl because in all honesty i just want to disscuss how some games fell victim to this trend or surge of.. idk what to call it.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koi-Neon-X

i understand but some ppl need some reminders on the fact that just like great men who have flaws.. great games have flaws too... this topic was made by me to try to bring out ppl with shared feelings about VII.. its good but whats been happening with it over the years is not necessarily "great". i know VII got all these spin offs, continuations, movie, and other stuff, but the other FF games should be looked upon too... this doesnt mean VII is the only FF game but it shouldnt be like snooty brother that hogs up all the spotlight...

Well, I don't need any reminders personallybecause I don't see Final Fantasy VII as a video game that has flaws of any sort. Maybe you and other don't agree and then there might be others who see it that way too. I don't know right now. That's quite okay though;) I defintely enjoy talking about Final Fantasy VII and I respect and understand everyone's opinion here regarding it. It's definitely worth of discussion even after all these years.

You have to remember the impact that Final Fantasy VII had on the video game industry and the RPG genreas well. I feel that's the reason it has gotten these spin-offs, continuations, movie, and everything else that went with it. It's a popular game and I couldn'tever imagine hatingon it in any fashion because of its success (not saying you are, but there are plenty of those who have). When you have a good thing you want to do as much as you can with it because there is a possibility that's there is a lot more to it. I'm sure the fans were happy with the announcement of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Crisis Core on the PSP, Dirge of Cerebus on the PS2....

I have to look at it from the persepective from those who created Final Fantasy VII. Would I want a movieabout it? yes. Would I want to maybe do more with it from maybe a different viewpoint from another character in the FFVII universe? absolutely. Final Fantasy VII: the cereal? why not? ifsomething is a success you want the best for it and more for it.I don't think FFVII is hogging the spotlight at all. I do believe it's shining a light on the series as a whole. Of course, it may seem that way, but I haven't forgotten the other Final Fantasy games I've played. I almost seem to mention Final Fantasy III in the same breath as Final Fantasy VII because (for me) those two entries are the best. To me FFVII just represents a perfect evolution considering how far Final Fantasyhas come from it's humble beginnings on the NES. I couldn't help but be astonished and excited by the experience of FFVII.

I also pay my respects to Final Fantasy because that's the game that started it all. I recognize Final Fantasy II (SNES) as being another great entry. Final Fantasy III is where my love for the series began.Final Fantasy, to me, just seems to get better and better with each new entry.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koi-Neon-X

I love video games too and when it comes down to what genre of VG's are my fav its RPG's.. but also growing up ive seen how its changed Rpgs are starting to become to where companies are trying to make them to apeal to a larger crowd.. i remember rpgs were a bit more closed off and only ppl who were into rpgs played them.. it made rgs pure and alot of ppl who began to play rpgs at that time really felt the true essence of it amazingness... the reason i felt like VII was headed the wrong way was because of how it was displayed, announce, and advertised.. im just a concern rpgist.. by making this topic i also wondered if anyone else at that time understood what began to happen.. Rpgs nowadays are still good, but it has become difficult for them to stay stable.. I feel VII became a victim.. like i said before i still love VII.. but when u begin to disscuss its flaws i tend to weed out some ppl because in all honesty i just want to disscuss how some games fell victim to this trend or surge of.. idk what to call it.

I feel the same way: RPG is my favorite genre as well. I've seen the changes with the RPG genre and some not for the better in my opinion. You mention appeal to a larger crowd and I immediately think of Final Fantasy XIII. I have to keep in mind that Final Fantasy XIII was not only trying to gain a new audience, but also appease hardcore fans (which is not an easy task) and I know I've said this a million times and I'll always believe it.

I don't think Final Fantasy VII was headed in the wrong way (of course what else would I say lol), but as I said in my last post it was the next logical step for the series and really done quite well considering some of us were not used to some of the concepts that wereintroduced and refined. Maybe I'm wrong here, but maybe the reason RPGs are trying to do so many different games because like with any genre they all have to compete for our attention and maybe throw us for a loop to do it. Personally, I like my old-school Final Fantasy gameswith towns, airships, and everything that makes Final Fantasy great: characters, graphics, music, and story. Sometimes you have to think outside the box and come up with a completely different experience. I think Final Fantasy XIII was worth the wait even though it was a departure from what I'm used to.

I think it started with the MMO Final Fantasy games and Final Fantasy XIII. That's where I'm pointing my finger anyway. I had to think about it for the longest time too: "Final Fantasy...as an MMO?!" I'm was so used to the fact that Final Fantasy isa solo experience (which is another thing I like about it), but like anything else it had to grow and try new things. The beauty of this is the series reaches a new audience and I have the option to say "nope, I'm not playing it".

I've played video games for 20+ years and I've seen A LOT of changes. RPGs don't seem to be all the rage anymore thanks in part to the deluge of FPS and multi-player games. To the loyalists and traditionalists (like myself) RPGs ARE all the rage (and always will be)

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Koi-Neon-X

I don't want to monopolize the conversation lol so I'm going to sit back and read some other responses that I'm sure are forthcoming. I apologize for my zeal!:P

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juryau

Koi-Neon-X

Well, I don't need any reminders personallybecause I don't see Final Fantasy VII as a video game that has flaws of any sort. Maybe you and other don't agree and then there might be others who see it that way too. I don't know right now. That's quite okay though;) I defintely enjoy talking about Final Fantasy VII and I respect and understand everyone's opinion here regarding it. It's definitely worth of discussion even after all these years.

You have to remember the impact that Final Fantasy VII had on the video game industry and the RPG genreas well. I feel that's the reason it has gotten these spin-offs, continuations, movie, and everything else that went with it. It's a popular game and I couldn'tever imagine hatingon it in any fashion because of its success (not saying you are, but there are plenty of those who have). When you have a good thing you want to do as much as you can with it because there is a possibility that's there is a lot more to it. I'm sure the fans were happy with the announcement of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Crisis Core on the PSP, Dirge of Cerebus on the PS2....

I have to look at it from the persepective from those who created Final Fantasy VII. Would I want a movieabout it? yes. Would I want to maybe do more with it from maybe a different viewpoint from another character in the FFVII universe? absolutely. Final Fantasy VII: the cereal? why not? ifsomething is a success you want the best for it and more for it.I don't think FFVII is hogging the spotlight at all. I do believe it's shining a light on the series as a whole. Of course, it may seem that way, but I haven't forgotten the other Final Fantasy games I've played. I almost seem to mention Final Fantasy III in the same breath as Final Fantasy VII because (for me) those two entries are the best. To me FFVII just represents a perfect evolution considering how far Final Fantasyhas come from it's humble beginnings on the NES. I couldn't help but be astonished and excited by the experience of FFVII.

I also pay my respects to Final Fantasy because that's the game that started it all. I recognize Final Fantasy II (SNES) as being another great entry. Final Fantasy III is where my love for the series began.Final Fantasy, to me, just seems to get better and better with each new entry.

In the end square ebix needs to spread the love and focus on attending to the other older final fantasy games that have been in need of a movie, sequel, spin off like 9, 6, etc
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Well I'm close to getting FF7 for a ludicrosly low price compared to what it usually goes for, even though I hear it doesn't play very well by today standards. Does anybody think it's not even worth playing today?

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lazyathew

Well I'm close to getting FF7 for a ludicrosly low price compared to what it usually goes for, even though I hear it doesn't play very well by today standards. Does anybody think it's not even worth playing today?

magnax1

Just depends on how much you care about graphics and voice acting pretty much. Aside from that, and a few minor control issues I mentioned above, it has aged well, the story isno worse then any otherRPG, just depends on your taste. I think it's still one of my favorites. I played this game for the first time just a few years ago and love it.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

wraithbladeuk

I like you.

Also, Squeenix did do one good thing since the merger: they published Nier. Best video game story ever, IMO.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
What it did for the genre 10/10. Actual quality of game now 6/10
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
It's not mostly bad. While it hasn't aged as well as Demi Moore, it's still great to RPG fans and playable to first timers. I personally have no interest in playing it again but it has a lot of good qualities and in 1997 it was the RPG that fans of the genre had always wanted (eg. cinematic, long story, new magic system, large world and cast.) Not to mention that it actually came together pretty well.

It's success and the interest it garnered in the genre is also what made the RPG boom of the Playstation and PS2 happen.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheTrueMagusX1
Member since 2009 • 2560 Posts

Why are we even having this discussion? FFVII is fourteen years old, and while it did what it did, it did have an impact, could we just stop talking about it. If you think its the greatest ever, great, if you think its horrible great. I am so sick of talking about this game, and usually when you talk about this game both sides of the fence act like a bunch of angry children clawing at each other defending their argument. Lets move on...lets talk about other Final Fantasies, or even better yet rpgs that get often ignore like Ys, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Vay or many others.....the FFVII is overrated or not overrated is old. There are so many discussions that end in pointless flame wars around the internet and there are alot on this forum.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

I like FFXII more than FFVII :P People have different tastes in games

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"] i understand but some ppl need some reminders on the fact that just like great men who have flaws.. great games have flaws too... this topic was made by me to try to bring out ppl with shared feelings about VII.. its good but whats been happening with it over the years is not necessarily "great". i know VII got all these spin offs, continuations, movie, and other stuff, but the other FF games should be looked upon too... this doesnt mean VII is the only FF game but it shouldnt be like snooty brother that hogs up all the spotlight... Juryau

In the end square ebix needs to spread the love and focus on attending to the other older final fantasy games that have been in need of a movie, sequel, spin off like 9, 6, etc

Your topic was meant to be bring something that is overly redundant and overly discussed. When people talk about their feelings it usually gets hostile. Well that explains it your a level 1 and new to this board. FFVII is as overtalked as much as the old N64 vs PSONE debate....or PS3 vs Xbox 360. Its a discussion that has happened here many times, and even more so on the net.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Koi-Neon-X

magnax1

Final Fantasy VII will ALWAYS be worth playing whether it's today or a trillion years from now:) getting it for a low price is definitely nice too.;)

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Koi-Neon-X

I like FFXII more than FFVII :P People have different tastes in games

riou7

Amen to that. I remember playing the Final Fantasy XII demo that was included with Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King and I remember saying to myself "WOW! yeah, I'm so getting this". I love the battle system too.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Koi-Neon-X

Why are we even having this discussion? FFVII is fourteen years old, and while it did what it did, it did have an impact, could we just stop talking about it. If you think its the greatest ever, great, if you think its horrible great. I am so sick of talking about this game, and usually when you talk about this game both sides of the fence act like a bunch of angry children clawing at each other defending their argument. Lets move on...lets talk about other Final Fantasies, or even better yet rpgs that get often ignore like Ys, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Vay or many others.....the FFVII is overrated or not overrated is old. There are so many discussions that end in pointless flame wars around the internet and there are alot on this forum.

TheTrueMagusX1

Why are we having this discussion? because there are a lot of people who love Final Fantasy VII.Plus, there are a lot of games that are even older than Final Fantasy VII and they're still being talked about today. Should we stop talking about those too? I don't ever want to stop talking about old-school games especially if they're as great as Final Fantasy VII. The discussion is optional and I'm sure as we discuss Final Fantasy VII we'll most likely bring up other Final Fantasy games as well.You want to go off-topic and discuss Ys (great series), Cosmic Fantasy 2 (unfortunately I don't think I've experienced this one), or other RPGs--start a new topic.I'll be sure to participate in that discussion too in some way or another;)

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

Final Fantasy VII will ALWAYS be worth playing

Koi-Neon-X

whether it's today or a trillion years from now:)

Koi-Neon-X

In all honesty, I don't think FF7 was a terrible game, but it wasn't a particularly great one. It was average. Run-of-the-mill. Battle models aside, the graphics were quite poor (the stark contrast between choppy lego-block models and semi-decent pre-rendered backgrounds was incredibly awkward no matter how you look at it), the sound engineering seemed trapped somewhere between 16-bit and 32-bit (it didn't do Uematsu's compositions any justice at all, especially One-Winged Angel) and as for the story... Was it bad? Was it decent? Well, with a translation like FF7's, it's anyone's guess. (A proper remake with a decent translation this time around might do it some justice) Were the characters really as bland and poorly-thought-out as they appeared in the American version? Again, anyone's guess. (Perhaps the translation is to blame for this as well, though it feels like I'm giving the game too much credit at this point...) Without the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in its title-- like so many horrid spin-offs such as FFX-2 and Dirge of Cerberus-- the game would have been completely forgettable.

It's a shame that the game robbed other, more deserving games from that era of their rightful recognition, such as Suikoden II, Albert Odyssey, Dragonforce, and the legendary Panzer Dragoon Saga, though for what it's worth, their respective price points across the gaming market still speak for their quality vs. FF7's. As mediocre as the original PS1 incarnation of FF7 was, I feel it's deserving of a remake so perhaps it will get a fair shot at being a decent JRPG. Again, a proper translation, visuals that aren't any eyesore (even when taking FF7's time of release into consideration, Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and NiGHTS into Dreams-- two games on a system thought to have lower 3D prowess that the PS1, the Sega Saturn-- outcIassed FF7's real-time graphics in every way), and top-notch orchestral music presentation could even make it the unforgettable "cIassic" that so many fanboys proclaim their rushed PS1 JRPG already is.

And I do mean rushed... aforementioned horrible translation and embarrassing real-time lego graphics aside, ever notice how they didn't even finalize the graphics engine before starting to render the cutscenes? Sephiroth looks horrid in the Nibelheim flashback but is much more detailed when he stabs Aeris. Meanwhile, Aeris' model details-- especially her jaggy, blobby hair-- aren't even up to par with Sephiroth's model in that scene. While I'm generally not hung up on graphics, when it comes to some game which was supposedly so good-looking for it's time yet actually wasn't at all, criticism over completely inconsistent cutscene graphics is every bit as valid as the simpletons who praise them.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

Final Fantasy VII will ALWAYS be worth playing

pills4louis

Koi-Neon-X

In all honesty, I don't think FF7 was a terrible game, but it wasn't a particularly great one. It was average. Run-of-the-mill. Battle models aside, the graphics were quite poor (the stark contrast between choppy lego-block models and semi-decent pre-rendered backgrounds was incredibly awkward no matter how you look at it), the sound engineering seemed trapped somewhere between 16-bit and 32-bit (it didn't do Uematsu's compositions any justice at all, especially One-Winged Angel) and as for the story... Was it bad? Was it decent? Well, with a translation like FF7's, it's anyone's guess. (A proper remake with a decent translation this time around might do it some justice) Were the characters really as bland and poorly-thought-out as they appeared in the American version? Again, anyone's guess. (Perhaps the translation is to blame for this as well, though it feels like I'm giving the game too much credit at this point...) Without the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in its title-- like so many horrid spin-offs such as FFX-2 and Dirge of Cerberus-- the game would have been completely forgettable.

It's a shame that the game robbed other, more deserving games from that era of their rightful recognition, such as Suikoden II, Albert Odyssey, Dragonforce, and the legendary Panzer Dragoon Saga, though for what it's worth, their respective price points across the gaming market still speak for their quality vs. FF7's. As mediocre as the original PS1 incarnation of FF7 was, I feel it's deserving of a remake so perhaps it will get a fair shot at being a decent JRPG. Again, a proper translation, visuals that aren't any eyesore (even when taking FF7's time of release into consideration, Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and NiGHTS into Dreams-- two games on a system thought to have lower 3D prowess that the PS1, the Sega Saturn-- outcIassed FF7's real-time graphics in every way), and top-notch orchestral music presentation could even make it the unforgettable "cIassic" that so many fanboys proclaim their rushed PS1 JRPG already is.

And I do mean rushed... aforementioned horrible translation and embarrassing real-time lego graphics aside, ever notice how they didn't even finalize the graphics engine before starting to render the cutscenes? Sephiroth looks horrid in the Nibelheim flashback but is much more detailed when he stabs Aeris. Meanwhile, Aeris' model details-- especially her jaggy, blobby hair-- aren't even up to par with Sephiroth's model in that scene. While I'm generally not hung up on graphics, when it comes to some game which was supposedly so good-looking for it's time yet actually wasn't at all, criticism over completely inconsistent cutscene graphics is every bit as valid as the simpletons who praise them.

So, people are simpletons because they dare appreciate and like something you don't feel the same way about? okay there is something I don't feel is accurate or even fair right off the bat. I don't think there is any need for that so please refrain from calling anyone a simpleton okay?

Final Fantasy VII didn't rob any other RPG because if it's a good RPG (or any other genre for that matter) it will stand on its own good merits. I played Suikoden and thought it was a brilliant RPG (as a matter offact I think it ranks as one of the best).

Everything you mentioned in the intro of this post is YOUR opinion which obviously you're entitled to. I find it hard to believe that Final Fantasy VII would garner so much POSITIVE praise and be such a critical successif any of these thing applied as you say they do. The Final Fantasy VII soundtrack is steller (so much in fact I had to go buy the soundtrack). I like the music and I'm sure others do as well

Final Fantasy doesn't need a shot at being descent-it already is as is (imo) and thankfully graphics are not what make a game though they are an important element. I don't find the graphics to be all that bad and let's not forget this is the first Final Fantasy game on the PS1 (can we say that VIII an IX look horrible? I can't because they don't)

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

Koi-Neon-X

Why are we having this discussion? because there are a lot of people who love Final Fantasy VII.Plus, there are a lot of games that are even older than Final Fantasy VII and they're still being talked about today. Should we stop talking about those too? I don't ever want to stop talking about old-school games especially if they're as great as Final Fantasy VII. The discussion is optional and I'm sure as we discuss Final Fantasy VII we'll most likely bring up other Final Fantasy games as well.You want to go off-topic and discuss Ys (great series), Cosmic Fantasy 2 (unfortunately I don't think I've experienced this one), or other RPGs--start a new topic.I'll be sure to participate in that discussion too in some way or another;)

First and foremost your oversized and rather unneccesary font is rather distracting. Second, you completely missed the point of my post which is clearly not surprising. I did not say to stop talking about Final Fantasy VII, but thread as this one stating the game is overrated or the game is the greatest are usually threads that lead to flame baits. See if you actually read the post, and understood the internet, you will know that discussion of FFVII usually is ugly. Its also a topic that is brought up over and over again and the results are the same. Some one starts a thread in this case...well there are bad things in the game, and than the fans get mad, the people who hate the game get mad. This game has been debated over and over for fourteen years, Threads like this are redundant, as they repeat what has been saying. The debate for this game needs to end. If you like so be it, if not than fine. Also this game is more talked than practically most other games, with a few exceptions being Halo which also has the same problem that this game has as well. No one said to not stop talking, I simply stating this thread is redundant and serves the same flaming purpose that other threads of this sort have done. Next time you respond make sure you actually read the thread properly.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

Koi-Neon-X

So, people are simpletons because they dare appreciate and like something you don't feel the same way about? okay there is something I don't feel is accurate or even fair right off the bat. I don't think there is any need for that so please refrain from calling anyone a simpleton okay?

Final Fantasy VII didn't rob any other RPG because if it's a good RPG (or any other genre for that matter) it will stand on its own good merits. I played Suikoden and thought it was a brilliant RPG (as a matter offact I think it ranks as one of the best).

Everything you mentioned in the intro of this post is YOUR opinion which obviously you're entitled to. I find it hard to believe that Final Fantasy VII would garner so much POSITIVE praise and be such a critical successif any of these thing applied as you say they do. The Final Fantasy VII soundtrack is steller (so much in fact I had to go buy the soundtrack). I like the music and I'm sure others do as well

Final Fantasy doesn't need a shot at being descent-it already is as is (imo) and thankfully graphics are not what make a game though they are an important element. I don't find the graphics to be all that bad and let's not forget this is the first Final Fantasy game on the PS1 (can we say that VIII an IX look horrible? I can't because they don't)

And by the way, you thread and the guys your quoting, has proven my point. Thanks for showing that I am right....see you have the protective fan, and the overzealous hater. Let FFVII just die for a long while and talk about other games....whoc ares if its overrated or not? You like it, you hate it...so what.

My point is proven.

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jakandsig
Member since 2010 • 471 Posts

[QUOTE="Juryau"][QUOTE="lazyathew"]

Koi-Neon-X

I'm sorry, GS did nor IGN gave the game a 10. These "Professional reviewers" have stated the game is not perfect so it must be true :}:lol:

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Koi-Neon-X

First and foremost your oversized and rather unneccesary font is rather distracting. Second, you completely missed the point of my post which is clearly not surprising. I did not say to stop talking about Final Fantasy VII, but thread as this one stating the game is overrated or the game is the greatest are usually threads that lead to flame baits. See if you actually read the post, and understood the internet, you will know that discussion of FFVII usually is ugly. Its also a topic that is brought up over and over again and the results are the same. Some one starts a thread in this case...well there are bad things in the game, and than the fans get mad, the people who hate the game get mad. This game has been debated over and over for fourteen years, Threads like this are redundant, as they repeat what has been saying. The debate for this game needs to end. If you like so be it, if not than fine. Also this game is more talked than practically most other games, with a few exceptions being Halo which also has the same problem that this game has as well. No one said to not stop talking, I simply stating this thread is redundant and serves the same flaming purpose that other threads of this sort have done. Next time you respond make sure you actually read the thread properly.

First and foremost we have yet another opinion: unneccessary. I haven't heard anyone else complain about the type of font I use except you and secondly I didn't miss any of your points. I didn't say that you said stop talking about Final Fantasy VII. As far as the whole "flame bait" is concerned that can easily be avoided, but in this day and age it's not appropriate to have your own feelings and opinions about something. I can also say that respect goes out the window considering you already called people "simpletons" for liking something. I don't know why you question my ability to read as I've read your posts and the post of others and am merely commenting and replying. Problem?

So, basically because YOU think it's redundant and YOU think it needs to end it should? I'm sorry your majesty it doesn't work that way. If people want to talk about Final Fantasy VII then they have every right to do so just as you have a right to say it's redundant and should end. Other video games have been debated for many years as well! you want to complain about that too. You do realize your participation in this discussion is optional right? I think I read the thread properly. For example: you said Final Fantasy VII robbed other RPGs. It sounds to me that you think Final Fantasy VII wasn't supposed to be successful or that you're mad that it was (which one? or both?) maybe I'm not the one who needs to read things properly and thoroughly.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Koi-Neon-X

And by the way, you thread and the guys your quoting, has proven my point. Thanks for showing that I am right....see you have the protective fan, and the overzealous hater. Let FFVII just die for a long while and talk about other games....whoc ares if its overrated or not? You like it, you hate it...so what.

My point is proven.

I don't think I requirean explanation as to the different camps when it comes to either loving or hatinga video game. I've seen plenty of video games over the past 20+ years receive a variety of treatment thank you. If Final Fantasy VII is not something you wish to discuss and think it should die for a long while then that's your opinion. I'm not going to apologize for not feeling the same way. People do talk about other games and they're probably located in another thread somewhere you just waiting for you to add your two cents. The topic here is Final Fantasy VII.

I'm glad you got things off your chest now perhaps maybe we're ready to move instead of griping about how I feel abouta particular video game(?) and I do believe I've also mentioned more games in the Final Fantasy universe here, but I guess I'm the only one who doesn't read things properly (sigh)

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jakandsig

Koi-Neon-X

First and foremost we have yet another opinion: unneccessary. I haven't heard anyone else complain about the type of font I use except you and secondly I didn't miss any of your points. I didn't say that you said stop talking about Final Fantasy VII. As far as the whole "flame bait" is concerned that can easily be avoided, but in this day and age it's not appropriate to have your own feelings and opinions about something. I can also say that respect goes out the window considering you already called people "simpletons" for liking something. I don't know why you question my ability to read as I've read your posts and the post of others and am merely commenting and replying. Problem?

So, basically because YOU think it's redundant and YOU think it needs to end it should? I'm sorry your majesty it doesn't work that way. If people want to talk about Final Fantasy VII then they have every right to do so just as you have a right to say it's redundant and should end. Other video games have been debated for many years as well! you want to complain about that too. You do realize your participation in this discussion is optional right? I think I read the thread properly. For example: you said Final Fantasy VII robbed other RPGs. It sounds to me that you think Final Fantasy VII wasn't supposed to be successful or that you're mad that it was (which one? or both?) maybe I'm not the one who needs to read things properly and thoroughly.

I never complained about your font because I thought you thought it was "Cool" and all the kids were doing it, therefore, would ignore any complaints. But it is hard to take you seriously with your current font. But that's your choice. Final Fantasy was made popular by fans going compeltely nuts and overrated the game above ALL other games and made almost all other rpgs on the system underrated. Which may be why GS gave Chrono Cross a 10. Becuase I see no other reason to do so otherwise. You say FFVii didn't rob rpgs. Because if a game is a good rpg (Or another genre) it would stand on its own? Ty didn't stand on its own and it was a complete rip-off of jak, but it was actually god and had a few interesting thingsd in it. So your theory is incorrect, BUT, if you asked me if FFVII robbed rpgs, I will say 50/50 just because fan completely overrated the game beyond its deserved success.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Koi-Neon-X

I'm sorry, GS did nor IGN gave the game a 10. These "Professional reviewers" have stated the game is not perfect so it must be true :}:lol:

I'm sorry, but I don't recall saying that either Gamespot or IGN gave Final Fantasy a "10" nor does any review alterMY experience with it. I expressed how I felt about the game-that's all. I also didn't say that everyone was going to feel the way I do about it. You have people who hate it and you have people who love it. I believe that would apply to video games past and present. Are we ready to move on or are we going to dwell on this some more?

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jakandsig

Koi-Neon-X

I'm sorry, but I don't recall saying that either Gamespot or IGN gave Final Fantasy a "10" nor does any review alterMY experience with it. I expressed how I felt about the game-that's all. I also didn't say that everyone was going to feel the way I do about it. You have people who hate it and you have people who love it. I believe that would apply to video games past and present. Are we ready to move on or are we going to dwell on this some more?

We should continue teaching you what the word "Sarcasm" means with a colorful picture book. I even used a smiley.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

jakandsig

I never complained about your font because I thought you thought it was "Cool" and all the kids were doing it, therefore, would ignore any complaints. But it is hard to take you seriously with your current font. But that's your choice. Final Fantasy was made popular by fans going compeltely nuts and overrated the game above ALL other games and made almost all other rpgs on the system underrated. Which may be why GS gave Chrono Cross a 10. Becuase I see no other reason to do so otherwise. You say FFVii didn't rob rpgs. Because if a game is a good rpg (Or another genre) it would stand on its own? Ty didn't stand on its own and it was a complete rip-off of jak, but it was actually god and had a few interesting thingsd in it. So your theory is incorrect, BUT, if you asked me if FFVII robbed rpgs, I will say 50/50 just because fan completely overrated the game beyond its deserved success.

My apologies as the above comment was intended for The TrueMagus X1. Personally, I use the font because I feel it's easier to read(at least that's what I've been told byother users here on Gamespot),but I guess some people don't think so and I'll leave it at that.

You think Final Fantasy's popularity is based on fans liking it? you are correct in that assessment yet there is much more to it.I suppose if the first game was an absolute failure we probably wouldn't see any other entry into the series and now we're up to XIII--not too shabby for an "overrated game" I don't think any of the RPGs out are underrated compared to Final Fantasy VII. Heck, I probably spent as much time with Suikoden and any other RPG game I could get my hands because I love RPGs. Of course I think it's safe to mention that even if a game doesn't do well initially or even at allwho's to stop the occasional sequel we see from time to time? maybe another developer picks up the rights to do it even if it wasn't successful?

Forgive me for asking, but are talking about Ty the Tasmanian Tiger? and you say it was a rip-off a jak? that may be true, but take a look around a bit and I'm sure you'll find this to be happening not only in video games, but music, movies, and TV shows as well. It's nothing new andIf it had some interesting elements in it-that's great that you think so, but maybe (just maybe) the majority said "uh, yeah, noooo". Ty had a few sequels if I'm not mistaken so maybe it did better than you thought?I can't understand why my theory is incorrect considering that there have been successful RPGs before Final Fantasy VII and evenafter Final Fantasy VII. You say 50/50 and I say fans of the RPG genre have spoken and Final Fantasy VII speaks for itself. That is, of course, my opinion.

I can't say Chrono Cross is a 10 because I just started playing it and I'm only an hour or two in. From what I've read and heard from those who have experienced in full it warrants the 10. I dunno. I'm sure once I complete it I'll have a review of it, but I'm liking it so far.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Juryau
In The end there will be haters and fanatics for VII... It's something we can't avoid..
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Koi-Neon-X

jakandsig

We should continue teaching you what the word "Sarcasm" means with a colorful picture book. I even used a smiley.

I don't need you (or anyone else) teaching anything-thank you. I just basing my response on your typical "I know everything and you don't" or "my opinion on the matter is king and yours means squat"so I'm notreally used to your sarcastic approach in posting in the forums. You keep can keep the colorful picture book too because I'm sure it can be put to good use elsewhere *hint*

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheTrueMagusX1

Koi-Neon-X

See there you go again. I am pretty sure I never used the word Simpleton, and now your making up words. I am questioning your ability to read because you completely missed the point of my earlier post. As for being redundant, I am saying the truth....true alot of games get debated, but not as much as Final Fantasy VII. What do you mean Rob? I did say it is discussed too much, but never robbed. LOL your posts make little sense, and again as some one said I cannot take you seriously in the least. Your font size is funny, and I reply to comments because I say what I want to say. Simple as this its quite obvious you donot know what your talking about.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"] I'm sorry, GS did nor IGN gave the game a 10. These "Professional reviewers" have stated the game is not perfect so it must be true :}:lol:

jakandsig

I agree with you on this. Koi does not know what he is talking about, nor does he understand most posts....I doubt he was even alive when FFVII was released juding from the way he posts.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Koi-Neon-X

In The end there will be haters and fanatics for VII... It's something we can't avoid..Juryau

And I think that goes for any game really. I'm just beside myself that people are so bent out of shape becauseother peopledarefeel a certain way about something. But, I do agree with you and that's how it's going to be. I understand it quite well and I don't get upset when they say they don't like Final Fantasy VII! I just expressing my viewpoints and I guess that's a no-no for some.

Killzone 2 is pretty popular. I've played it and I don't like it. I've met the "fanatics" of the Killzone series and y'know what? I have a lot of admiration and respect for them that they give kudos to something they like. Why not? they deal with the haters just as much as anyone else.I guess if you like something it doesn't matter what "they" think, but what"you" think of it. If you love it then great if they hate it then great.I don't want to trample on someone else's opinion either and there might be some few things I feelcompelled to respond to.

I guess I'm supposed to just conform to other opinions and change my mind about Final Fantasy VII because it doesn't suit someone else's tastes or they don't see it or hear it like I do? yeah, okay.