final fantasy order???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SHOEGOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SHOEGOO
Member since 2004 • 2752 Posts
do i have to play the series in any order to get the storeis,to make sense?or can i play them as i find them and but them?like in gba ports ps1 games etc...?thanks!
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Most of the Final Fantasy games have independent stories from each other. There are only a few that are sequels in some way (like FF X/X-2 and probably most of the FFVII spin off games)

polarmanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 polarmanda
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts
You could play them in any order you might want to except maybe the direct sequels like FFX-2 and the FFVII sequels and it would make complete sense. They are all seperate stories so it doesn't make much of a difference.
SHOEGOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SHOEGOO

i really wanna play 7 can i find it at eb?or is it really rare?ive played and finished 13 10 playing threw the ds cc and psp ff7 crissis core love all them missed out on the originals,i hope i cna find them.anyone have an luck?

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

I presume that where you say 13, you mean 12 considering 13 isn't even close to being out yet (don't worry, we all make typos).

As far as getting a copy of FF 7, you're best bet would probably be online. EB/GS stopped carrying PS1 games awhile ago. People think it's rare, and copies are still sold online for at least $50.

SHOEGOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SHOEGOO

thanks!

i did mean 12 sorry!watching a old trailer for 13.

I presume that where you say 13, you mean 12 considering 13 isn't even close to being out yet (don't worry, we all make typos).

As far as getting a copy of FF 7, you're best bet would probably be online. EB/GS stopped carrying PS1 games awhile ago. People think it's rare, and copies are still sold online for at least $50.

jt4mtb
SophinaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SophinaK
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

jt4mtb

If you've got an independent (non-chain) game store around, I'd check there for FFVII. It's not very rare even though people often think it is, in fact until pretty recently you could still find it new in some department stores. The little game store near me always has a ton of copies, and for less than you'd pay online.

esb1118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 esb1118
Member since 2007 • 2661 Posts
Forget FF VII. Get FF IX which you can purchase for only $15
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts
FFVII probably sells for a lot now, you should wait a bit for the prices to drop (some people are paying more than 60$ for it). FFIX and FFXII are very good so you should buy those first if you can find them cheap.