FFXIII-2 jump issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zoxdj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 zoxdj
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

Hi everyone, I have a problem in Final Fantasy XIII-2. I'm trying to use Anti-Grav Jump and trying to make a chocobo fly but the problem is that everywhere I search people write that all you need to do is jump while holding down the B button.

It's frustrating because to jump you have to release the button for the jump to register. This brings me to my main question:

How do I jump while holding down the jump button? Or further more, How do I fly with a chocobo or do a anti-grav jump?

Thanks in advance to everyone who want to help me.

P.S.

Happy New Year to all!!!

Nap215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Nap215
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

@zoxdj: IIRC, the anti-grav jump only works for Serah and Noel when their not using the chocobo and you have press and hold the button to use it, but you have to choose jump further in the fragment skills.

zoxdj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zoxdj

@Nap215: Hi and thanks for the answer. I had the anti-grav jump fragment skill turned on and tried pressing and keep holding the jump button but it just doesn't work because I have to release the jump button to make the character jump. If I press and keep holding the jump button the character just keeps running until I have to release the jump button and then the character jumps (the orange aura shows around the character). If I press the jump button, then release it and immediately press the jump button again and keep holding it then it just turns into a regular jump with the orange aura around the character again.

The same problem applies to chocobo gliding.

Please could you clarify the input sequence in detail because I tried almost all combinations and nothing works. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Nap215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nap215

@zoxdj: I played the game again and you have to press and hold the jump button and move while in the air with the left stick. If you press the jump button while in the air it cancels the anti-grav jump. You'll know when you stop the ant-grav jump when the orange aura vanish in the mid-jump or when touching the ground.

But when it comes to chocobo gliding, you have to hold the jump button once the chocobo jumps to make it glide or flap its wings in the air for a few seconds.

zoxdj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zoxdj

@Nap215: I tried for a million times. Every time I press the jump button and release it for the chocobo to jump and immediately press and hold the jump button but the Chocó just Won't glide. Tell me please, am I doing something wrong according to my description od input?

The other thing is the anti-grav jump. I tried your advice but if I hold the jump button Serah just won't jump and if I charge the jump and release the button she jumps normaly with the orange aura that wanishes in mid-air. If I just tap jump she jumps just the same, and if I tap the jump and then press and hold the jump then the aura wanishes again and the jump is normal. Whats the deal? What am I doing wrong?

It's impossible to reach Yomi like this! This is utterly frustrating...:-(

Please can you explain more precisely, like I just did my actions with the buttons, try and describe your actions step-by-step. I'm very greatful for your help.

Nap215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nap215

Okay, first jump in the air and you must hold the jump button to do the anti-grav jump if you see the gold aura appear then it's working and move the left stick if it succeeded to sure it worked. Also try using Noel to see if works as well.

The Chocobo gliding part is the same, jump and hold the jump button until the Chocobo start flapping its wings and when it's flapping its wings then it's working. It works as the same way as the anti-grav jump and can move around with the left stick. I got the Chocobo part wrong in the last post, sorry about that.

And to reach Yomi, you can use the Chocobo as an alternate instead of using the anti-grav jump since the Chocobo can reach to the pillar without gliding which I did and tested.

I hope this can be of good help.

zoxdj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zoxdj

@Nap215: Thanks for the help. I figured out the problem, it wasn't the game, it was the console settings. B was reserved for screenshots... I can only laugh at myself for not thinking of that earlier. Everything's working now. Thanks for all your patience and help.

Nap215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nap215

@zoxdj: No problem.