Favorite Zelda title?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I just watched a video on the making of the entire Legend of Zelda series and it made me curious as to what everyone on Legacy Forum's favorite Zelda title was. Mine personally is Ocarina of Time; I have played through this game five or six times since I got it back in 98 and every time it is just as good as the first. I have played various other Zelda titles and I always keep on coming back to this one. Even great Zelda games like Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess don't hold a candle to Ocarina of time. I really would like to try out the NES and SNES Zelda games as well, seeing how they seem to be favorites for many Zelda fans as well. So what is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why?

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Title Screen

This game was Zelda perfection, as far as I'm concerned. It took everything great about the original Legend of Zelda on NES like: Open-ended gameplay, a great mixture of puzzles and action, a sense of growth with your character, and dungeons with boss battles, as well as a crazy need to hunt for new items. It made all that better with a more fleshed-out story, better graphics, better sound, bigger & longer gameplay length, and even an entirely new concept in the Light World/Dark World theme. It was a brought together in a very polished SNES presentation.

I so wish they would make a direct sequel to this game and release on Wii Ware or DS.

DiminixZor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DiminixZor
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

The Wind Waker is my favorite. I love the adventure feeling you get when you sailing the world of a overflooded Hyrule. They took the gameplay from Oot and made it even better (my opinion). I remember when I first got the game, me and my friend have played it through ever since and that was when the game came out. And the music isso epic!

My second favorite is Links Awakening which I also want to mention cause it really deserves it! I love the whole plot in that game and the characters are so memorable. The music is epic in that game too!

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Majora's Mask

It wasn't my favorite at first. The first time I ever played it was in 2010.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

This game was Zelda perfection, as far as I'm concerned. It took everything great about the original Legend of Zelda on NES like: Open-ended gameplay, a great mixture of puzzles and action, a sense of growth with your character, and dungeons with boss battles, as well as a crazy need to hunt for new items. It made all that better with a more fleshed-out story, better graphics, better sound, bigger & longer gameplay length, and even an entirely new concept in the Light World/Dark World theme. It was a brought together in a very polished SNES presentation.

I so wish they would make a direct sequel to this game and release on Wii Ware or DS.

Emerald_Warrior

ghgh

The finest adventure game ever made, period. Ocarina stands closely next to it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well considering it is to me the best game of all time, I'd have to say this one...

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

A Link to the Past was my favorite.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

To be honest, my "favorite zelda" often changes as I continue to keep re-playing them.

"Twilight Princess" is very high on my list right now, and obviously "Link to the Past" and "Ocarina of Time" (not the N64 or DS versions)willalways be up there.

All i know for sure is that "Majora's Mask" is my least favorite Zelda.

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

My top 5

1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. A Link to the Past
4. Wind Waker
5. Minish Cap

Big_Daddv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Big_Daddv
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

They're all pretty great, but I think Ocarina of Time is at the top. Can't wait for it to come out on the 3DS.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

Looking back retrospectively from a 2011 perspective,

---

From best to worst on consoles:

1. Majora's Mask

2. Twilight Princess

3. A Link to the Past/Four Swords

4. Wind Waker

5. Ocarina of Time

6. Legend of Zelda

7. Adventure of Link

---

From best to worst on handhelds:

1. Link's Awakening

2. Oracle of Seasons/Ages

3. Spirit Tracks

4. Minish Cap

5. Phantom Hourglass

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

The only correct answer!

:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

1. Link's Awakening

3. Spirit Tracks

4. Minish Cap

5. Phantom Hourglass

peterw007

Wow, Spirit Tracks above Phantom Hourglass? I still haven't finished ST. It has no sense of "world" to it. At least in Phantom there's some freedom of movement/discovery.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="peterw007"]

1. Link's Awakening

3. Spirit Tracks

4. Minish Cap

5. Phantom Hourglass

Heirren

Wow, Spirit Tracks above Phantom Hourglass? I still haven't finished ST. It has no sense of "world" to it. At least in Phantom there's some freedom of movement/discovery.

I couldn't finish Spirit Tracks. It was that bad, IMO. That's not a Zelda game at all. It just had the Zelda license slapped on it was what it felt like.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheKungFool

Mejora's Mask is getting a lot more love than I would have anticipated.

I should really go back and see if I like it better, now that I own the NGC version, and could play it without being stuck using the N64 paddle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="peterw007"]

1. Link's Awakening

3. Spirit Tracks

4. Minish Cap

5. Phantom Hourglass

Emerald_Warrior

I couldn't finish Spirit Tracks. It was that bad, IMO. That's not a Zelda game at all. It ust had the Zelda license slapped on it was what it felt like.

It's 90s outside where I live. I think I may go lie outside and try and finish it. I know what you mean though--it isn't really a bad game, but it doesn't feel like Zelda. There's not much sense of adventure. The problem with it is that if one played Phantom, a lot of the puzzles don't feel as fresh. Believe it or not, but Phantom was probably my favorite game of that year.

I miss Link to the Past. I'd really like for the top designers at Nintendo to make something that somewhat resembles its formula. I know, people will jump on me and say...but all zeldas have you beat 3 castles, and then 5 more. The difference with Link to the Past is that it was semi open ended, where you could explore the land and find items out of order. etc etc etc. Such a good game.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
Majora's Mask. I don't usually care much about story in games, but this one was very interesting imo.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'd have to say my favorite Zelda titles are Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past.

Big_Daddv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Big_Daddv
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I should really go back and see if I like it better, now that I own the NGC version, and could play it without being stuck using the N64 paddle.

TheKungFool

The one for the GC doesn't run as well. Its slower in some areas, but the GC controller is nicer.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

As cliche as it may sounds, The Legend of Zelda The Ocarina of Time, is not only my favorite Zelda game, but my favorite game ever.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheKungFool

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

Big_Daddv

The one for the GC doesn't run as well. Its slower in some areas, but the GC controller is nicer.

really? interesting. I wasn't aware the NGC version of Majora's ran any differently! Good to know. I've played the other Zelda's on that collection, as well as the alternate "Master Quest" version of "Ocarina" and they seem to run fine. I wonder what happened with the Majora port?

the controller difference is the key to me. I know many people love the N64 and its paddle, but to me personally, its the worst controller I've ever experienced in gaming.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

zelda 1 & 2 on NES and windwaker

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="peterw007"]

1. Link's Awakening

3. Spirit Tracks

4. Minish Cap

5. Phantom Hourglass

Heirren

Personally, I couldn't stand the Temple of the Ocean King. PH is only Zelda game to date that I've re-sold after buying it.

Opinion seems to be split on Spirit Tracks. While some claim it as the worst portable Zelda, I think it certainly is interchangeable with Minish Cap in terms of quality.

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

Hands down!!!

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Emerald_Warrior

My favorite also. Runner up would be wind waker for it's unique stile.OOT to me is extreemly over rated. Personally I hated OOT when it came out it felt nothing like the Zelda's prior to it.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

jdc6305

My favorite also. Runner up would be wind waker for it's unique stile.OOT to me is extreemly over rated. Personally I hated OOT when it came out it felt nothing like the Zelda's prior to it.

I'm really surprised how many people seem to feel like Ocarina of Time was overrated or mediocre for a Zelda game. I personally love Ocarina of time more than any other Zelda game I've played, but this thread has really inspired me to want to try out A Link to the Past. Who knows, maybe it'll become my number 1 Zelda game.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 1

#28 Ryagan
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts

For me, it's Wind Waker. It was the first Zelda game I played, and it's still my favorite. :) Ocarina of Time comes second, Twilight Princess is third, and Majora's Mask would come fourth if I could beat the dang game. :evil:

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#29 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
A Link to the Past is my favortie, for so many reasons I can't begin to explain. It stole my heart away, you could say.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheKungFool

no takers on "Four Swords Adventure" eh?lol, me neither.

I've never been so teased by a Zelda title though. When I first heard they were making a multiplayer Zelda, in the style of "Link to the Past", that would allow up to four people to play co-op, I was foaming at the mouth. What a perfect idea Ithought, given that the NGC has 4 paddle ports, and ninty has a penchant for addictive multiplayer titles.

And then the game came out, and didn't even have paddle support. Instead, lets make it require up to three additional handheld units, and adaptor cords for each, *facepalm*

this is just my personal opinion, but I honestly think that had "Four Swords" not been used as a platform to sell accessories, and was insteaddesigned to be a stand-alone game which simply used the four standard controller ports for its multiplayer functionality, the game would have been far successfull, both in terms of sales, and popularity.

(some folks did seem to really enjoy Four Swords, and from feedback, the game was actually quite fun, but I just wonder how differently it would be regarded had it been designed without the GBA issue)

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I'm really surprised how many people seem to feel like Ocarina of Time was overrated or mediocre for a Zelda game. I personally love Ocarina of time more than any other Zelda game I've played, but this thread has really inspired me to want to try out A Link to the Past. Who knows, maybe it'll become my number 1 Zelda game.

If you play ALTTP play it on a tube tv. It doesn't age well on a LCD. It looks all pixeled and blocky on my 32" Sony bravia.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Minish Cap on handheld, Windwaker on console. Unpopular opinion is unpopular :)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#33 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Wind Waker it was a lovely work of art.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Mine is Zelda Twilight Princess. It's the first Zelda game I played :P

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I've said my favorite many times so I'll rank all the Zelda games I've played in order of favorite.

1. A Link to the Past

2. Oracle of Ages/Seasons

3. The Wind Waker

4. Link's Awakening DX

5. Ocarina of Time

6. The Legend of Zelda

7. Majora's Mask

8. Twilight Princess

9. The Minish Cap

10. Phantom Hourglass

11. The Adventure of Link