Favorite moments when you think of video games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4231 Posts

What are your favorite moments when you think of video games?

Mine was when I beat C.O.R.E. and the ending was awesome. (I won't spoil it, play the game and find out)

What is/are some of your favorite moments when you think about video games.

Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts

Always will be the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3. That stuck withme more than anything. Shadow of the Colossus was pretty epic too.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
The last level of Call of Duty 4 campaign, I wont spoil it. (not the prolouge)
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

When I beat Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time for the first time. Final Boss was so HARD. The music was also a slow version making the player think. "I cannot win this battle."

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

First time in Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime)

The bathtub scene (Eternal Darkness)

Ambushed in village (Resident Evil 4)

First fatality (Mortal Kombat)

Getting into Star World (Super Mario World)

Mantorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Mantorman
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

I keep thinking back to the part at the very end of Half Life 2 Episode 2. If you've played it, you'll know.

That was probably the best designed section of any game I've ever played. It only took me two tries, so it wasn't the hardest thing ever. But somehow it tapped into that side of me that gets HARDCORE when playing a game. I literally felt my adrenaline pumping, it was amazing.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4231 Posts

I keep thinking back to the part at the very end of Half Life 2 Episode 2. If you've played it, you'll know.

That was probably the best designed section of any game I've ever played. It only took me two tries, so it wasn't the hardest thing ever. But somehow it tapped into that side of me that gets HARDCORE when playing a game. I literally felt my adrenaline pumping, it was amazing.

Mantorman
You know, I felt the same way about HL2: E2. Ditto.
rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I'm sure that I have had a few favorite moments in several different games, but...

recently, my favs are in BFBC, when I sneak up on a Sniper and knife him, dead...dead...dead.

Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

Playing Doom on the PC for the first time. The gameplay and graphics were pretty mind-blowing, especially since my only experience with video games was with Sega/Nintendo.

(Spoilers) Discovering you're Revan in KOTOR.

I also have a lot of good memories from when I first started gaming online back in the 90's. Namely with Quake II and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#10 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

My favorite moments in no particular order:

1. Storming the beach in Halo: Combat Evolved- It's still the most epic moment in gaming for me. Sure, modern tech produces bigger battlefields, but dropping down on from that Pelican and hearing Foe Hammer drilling orders while having all of these Marines by your side to gun down the Covenant has never quite left me.
  2. The introduction of the Flood in Halo: Combat Evolved- It was completely unexpected, but the eery build-up to it through the eyes of Jenkins is one of the craziest cutscenes ever and the gameplay fundamentally changes. It's a fantastic twist. Of course, due to Halo's popularity everyone knows about it now. :P
  3. Raikoh VS. The Crimson King in Otogi: Myth of Demons- This is hands-down the single coolest fight in any videogame I have ever played. The sheer amount of style, the setting, the characters, the use of color. All of it just so beautifully executed and the final lines of the Crimson King really make him stay in my mind as one of the premier boss battles in the history of gaming.
  4. Earning 120 stars in Super Mario 64- It was a childhood goal. I'd get to like 115 stars, or 118 or so, but I would never look at the menu. I tried a few times but I found that I would rather erase my file and replay the game completing more times than should be allowed until I finally earned that 120th star. Before Halo: Combat Evolved, Super Mario 64 was my favorite game of all time.
  5. Exploring the Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime- The music, the mood, the puzzles, the abilities, all of it was wonderful. The only time I felt it slip a little was the portion that involved Space Pirates, but the Phendrana Drifts is the best of all of the 3D Metroid games and it is a high point none of them have achieved again.
  6. Completing Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door three times- I typically complete RPGs once, sometimes twice. The notable exceptions are Diablo II and Paper Mario. But Diablo II should count since it's a loot-driven game, but Paper Mario I enjoyed so much that I replayed it three times just to be able to say, "I've beatn this RPG more times than any other RPG yet." It's that good.
  7. Playing through Eternal Glacies in Panzer Dragoon Orta- It's a very touching moment that really shows the fragility of your character and her dragon. I wasn't expecting a level quite like it for an on-rails shooter, but it's one of my favorite levels in gaming.
  8. Jet Set Radio Future, all of it- The game's audio-visuals are better than any other game I have ever seen. Period. The combination of gameplay, graphics and music makes the entire experience stand out as simply too cool for gaming. Maybe that's why so few people actually talk about it.
  9. Fighting Ganondorf in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- The story, the location, the impact, the meaning, the ending, I'd spoil it all if I spilled the beans. Just know that this is the best final showdown in any game I've played.
  10. Completing The Covenant in Halo 3- This might be the best Halo mission ever. It takes everything great about Halo, amplifies it by 100 and gives you all of it. ALL of it. It's awesome, and it really cemented Halo 3's place as my favorite 360 game at the moment.

I actually have a lot more, in fact, 25 might be a good number. But I figure 10 is a safe bet for a forum post. Remember that these are in no particular order for me and I didn't mention any multiplayer moments that are exclusive to me, just moments in the games that others can also experience.

sensei_hEnRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 2

#11 sensei_hEnRY
Member since 2008 • 6690 Posts
the aftermath on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, best scene on video game ever
eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
When fun accident happen in video game haha.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Probably the moment in resident evil 3:nemesis when you realise its the best game ever!.. :D
Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Hmm quite a few moments...

- Microwave tunnel in MGS4

- Completing of Ocarina of Time for the N64 (was my first real game I completed, pretty stoked)

- Ending of MGS3

- Finding out the killer in Heavy Rain

- Collecting the last fish I needed for my collection in Animal Crossing for GC (silly, I know, but it took me so long lol).

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

1) Leveling up in Durotar, Barrens & Mulgore in WoW listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers..... Damnit, I'm relapsing, gonna have to buy another month of game time.

2) Halo 3 online with cousin & mates, ordering pizzas & playing through the night. Maybe some Nazi Zombies or Firefight as well.

3) Finding a new Arcade game that doesn't get much attention, but turns out to be awesome. Most recently, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.

Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts
Finally beating Final Fantasy VII after struggling with it for years. Beating Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Doom and GLQuake. I liked tricking the monsters into hitting other monsters then sitting back and watch them fight each other.