I wanted to put this in SWs but didn't have 500 posts yet.
So what are your favorite video game consoles of all time in order?
Don't forget that early consoles paved the way so we could have what we do now.
I'll leave PC out of this one because it has an unfair advantage and is an easy favorite.
Here are some more memorable ones for reference.
- Sega Saturn
- Nintendo GameCube
- Nintendo Wii
- Nintendo 64
- Sega Dreamcast
- Sega Genesis
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Atari (i'm not sure about all of the numbers.)
- Playstation 2
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 4
- Xbox 360,
- Xbox One
Feel free to add or subtract from your list and throw in any I might have missed. Traditionally I won't include the ones I've had limited experience with. Feel free to tell us why and what is your least and most favorite.
In order from 1 being my favorite, this is mine.
- Xbox 360: I've always been a Halo fan-boy and after my PS2 was stolen I decided to take a different route that lead me to this console. I've owned two. One i bought brand new and the other I got off ebay. Both worked extremely well and i was fortunate enough to never have the RRoD. I have a solid community of friends on Xbox live and don't see myself upgrading to next-gen until they just really quit making games for it.
- Nintendo 64- One of the greatest things about gaming is the memories shared and that is why N64 comes in at #2. Those classic Bond death matches to those Super Smash Bros tourneys. It offered a lot in terms of MP and replay value. Mario Kart races, Mario Party challenges, and Zelda adventures, didn't matter what you were into.There was a little something something for everyone. Witht he N64 you're almost guaranteed a good time.
- Xbox- GTA, KOTOR, Halo 2,Morrowind and Halo LAN parties. Plenty of other games but not going into anymore detail than that because those alone seal the number 3 spot
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System- When I was a younger pup I wasn't too keen on video gaming but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it immensely. My most memorable titles were Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart and Biker Mice From Mars and Mortal Kombat/
- Playstation- Final Fantasy VII and Tactics, Grand Turismo, Tomb Raider II, the Good Resident evils, Silent Hill, Twisted Metal, MGS, Tony Hawk Etc. the list goes on and on. Probably my breakthrough of video games being more than a hobby. Vast game selection and consistency over almost every genre to that date IMO.
- Playstation 2- Guitar Hero, SIlent Hill 2, Final Fantasy X and XII, Prince of Persia, GTA, Dynasty Warriors, and God of War brought me some great times.
- Nintendo- The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Mike Tyson, Dr. Mario, Metroid, Castlevania, Duck Hunt, Mega Man. Classics never die.
Most of the rest of the consoles I've had limited experience so what are your Favorite Video Game Consoles in order?