Favorite Civilization V Civilization (DLC's included)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xenthou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Xenthou
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

So as a strategy fan I find myself usually playing every strategy game reviewed by IGN that my friends recommend, and lately, I've been playing Civilization V, and am loving it.
Personally I like to expand early, and stick with what I have, so the Shoshone are great, I also like Babylon because of their science boosts, you can easily rush writing and then take off pretty much. I'm only now experimenting with tourism, but I like Brazil the most for that kind of victory. Lastly, I really enjoy Rome for domination, you get iron fast and get ballistas, and you'll be able to defend or attack effectively for the next era. So what about you guys?

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 0

#2 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I really need to play Civilization 5, for some reason I skipped it. Are the expansions a must-have or is the vanilla game good on it's own?

ChefPers0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ChefPers0n
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

It's funny because for the amount of Civilization V I play, rarely will I finish a game. Usually at the beginning of the Atomic era is where my boredom sets in to which I'll start a new game. I'm not alone on this apparently.

For science victories, the best I have found are Korea and Babylon. Though out of the two I'd always choose Babylon; quick great scientists, along with the early one for writing, can put you in front by a wide margin.