Fallout 4 hype article

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Noxero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Noxero3
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

So after watching the fallout four reveal trailer for the 5th time I decided to write a little article about it. It starts out as any other fallout trailer with a “please standby” screen, it starts zooming out to the tune of “it’s all over but the crying” by the ink spots. When zoomed out you see the living room of an old house looking like it has been abandoned for years (Like it probably has).

The screen looks like it lost the signal for a second, before cutting back to a time before the nukes fell. Then it turns back to current time and you can see a German shepherd entering threw the blasted open kitchen door. It changes once again to the time before the nukes fell where you can see a Mr.Handy preparing for breakfast and a man on the radio saying “Folks as it seems, we got some breaking news, standby”

It cuts back to the dog exploring the house and entering a baby boy’s room. The radio keeps on playing in the background where the announcer says “It seems like we have lost connection with the other stations, standby. We can have-“ A siren starts playing in the background and the radio announcer keeps talking. “We have reports off nuclear detonations, my god the.” While hearing this you see the dog looking like it heard something and starts running out of the house on to the street revealing the neighborhood.

It then flashes back to when before the nukes fell and you can see people panicking and packing. Above them you can see a Veta-bird flying (probably to the hill we see later on where there is a vault). It cuts back to the German shepherd running over a small wooden bridge and up the hill I previously mentioned. Then it cuts back again to before the nukes fell and you see people running over and up the same trail. At the top you see two men from the government in power armor one with a mini-gun and the other with an assault rifle. The armor doesn’t look like the previous armors, but it looks like the t-45b power armor and the first power armor in the fallout series had a love child. They are guarding a gate that leaves in to the vault entrance. In the background you can see a vault-tec billboard promoting the vaults.

The screen goes black and you hear the famous Fallout quote “war never changes” missing one “war”, but that’s neat picking. Then it shows a blue and yellow vault door with the number “111” opening. Then you see a vault elevator going up to the surface in what looks like in-game footage, but don’t quote me on that, and you can see the neighborhood the Shepherd previously ran through.

Then it starts showing different shots that I would assume is the different towns in the wasteland. One of these shots shows The Bunker Hill Monument (Picture 1) confirming earlier rumors of fallout four being based in Boston.

Picture 1
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 3

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

I hope the graphics are not to cartoony looking, some of the other pictures i saw had way to much color, other than that the game will probably be great! Played Fallout 3 and i absolutely loved that game.

Noxero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Noxero3

@ojmstr: I think fallout 3 was a little too brown, I'd like o see some more colors. Not too many, but I have to agree some pics of the new vault dweller looks a little too clean and crisp. The rest of the world looks great.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

The trailer looks like fallout 3 remastered I am not impressed with the graphics.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Finally Gamespot. Finally a Fallout 4 thread. I thought this place was seriously dead or at least hollow.

Noxero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Noxero3

@yukushi: Well the fallout series has never been known for its graphics.

Noxero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Noxero3

@alim298: Yeah i was suprised myself not to find more fallout threads

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ojmstr

@noxero3: Yeah, they need to find that perfect balance, to little color is no good either. Rest of the places looked awesome in that video exept those clips with a little to much cartonish color like in the town he is walking through, looks like he entered Duck Town hehe..

Noxero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Noxero3

@ojmstr: Maybe ducktales and fallout is crossing over

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

The announcement trailer looked awesome, love the dog. So hyped, can't wait to see more.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ojmstr

@noxero3: After watching it again, it wasn't that bad, i think it was pretty popular with strong colors like you see on the cars and their houses back in the 50's-60's, when i looked at the colors of the trees in the background they looked natural but the whole picture might just looked kinda to clean and to crispy that's all, the game is not out untill next year probably so they have alot of time to improve before release. I can't wait! next gen Fallout! oh yeah baby! :D Hope we get to blow up a whole city with an atom bomb, at a much bigger scale than in FA3 :) That was awesome

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Yes, it looks a bit cartoonish, but I take it the game will be moddable so I'm cool. Can't believe it's been 5 years since Fallout New Vegas release!

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

The trailer actually made me excited. It looks so much more vibrant than the trailers of Fallout 3. It makes me want to go out and try a Fallout game; I know my girlfriend will be extremely excited about this as she loves the series, spending a couple days glued to the laptop screen playing Fallout 2.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Looks good hope there are enough new game mechanics and gameplay features to make this a fresh gaming experience.

rain45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 rain45
Member since 2015 • 14 Posts

The trailer was a bit bright and the graphics did seem cartoony but I have a feeling the in-game look will be a bit more drab and rustic looking. But I am hyped its been so long since fallout New Vegas and I am huge fan of this world so yay!