This topic is locked from further discussion.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

I just beat the evil within, and thought this was an amazing game. Its the only game I played on the side while playing DA:I. I think this game is underrated, and should have got a game of the month, or even a shot at game of the year. My pick of course is DA:I, but Evil within has a good story, is fun, has a high replay value, great graphics, great mechanics, and is scary as hell. P.T was the scariest game (demo) I ever played, but Evil within had its moments, and made me even get frustrated to not wanting to play just because i was scared. I truly enjoyed this game and highly recommend it with your loved ones.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'll get my shot at it shortly, one of my buddies got it off Amazon for $25 during black friday weekend!

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 0

#3 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I think it's repulsively bland, unoriginal and utterly boring, with no hint of any kind of inspiration anywhere

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@medafaded said:

is scary as hell.

How even. Even RE4 is scarier than Evil Within.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

I think it's repulsively bland, unoriginal and utterly boring, with no hint of any kind of inspiration anywhere

Interesting, but what if one hasn't played other horror games such as resident evil or silent hill?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@thereal25

Thats always the case isn't it.....

The horror games and movies you expose yourself to the harder it is to be scared.....

Hardly seems like a reliable criteria to judge a game by....

And with that said.... Needs more Co-Op.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SovietsUnited

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Interesting, but what if one hasn't played other horror games such as resident evil or silent hill?

The phrase "there's a sucker born every minute" exists for that reason

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thereal25

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

So you mean to say that even if I've never played any resident evil games or similar - then you STILL wouldn't recommend this game?

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SovietsUnited

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

So you mean to say that even if I've never played any resident evil games or similar - then you STILL wouldn't recommend this game?

I thought I was pretty clear the first two times, but I'll try to elaborate

If the indication how absolutely soulless and faceless the game is isn't enough, yeah I wouldn't recommended it in any scenario; because of its bad level design, horrible boss design, entirely ham-fisted stealth system, stitched together horror elements borrowed from other games with no clear theme as well as the complete misunderstanding of the genre, with zero self-awareness or parody which would've otherwise saved it.

And if you ask me would I recommend it to a person who hasn't played Resident Evil 4 before? No, I would not; I'd say that person should play Resident Evil 4 instead, which by all means the superior game in every way

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thereal25

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

If the indication how absolutely soulless and faceless the game is isn't enough, yeah I wouldn't recommended it in any scenario; because of its bad level design, horrible boss design, entirely ham-fisted stealth system, stitched together horror elements borrowed from other games with no clear theme as well as the complete misunderstanding of the genre, with zero self-awareness or parody which would've otherwise saved it.

And if you ask me would I recommend it to a person who hasn't played Resident Evil 4 before? No, I would not; I'd say that person should play Resident Evil 4 instead, which by all means the superior game in every way

It's a survival-horror game. You gotta be smart and conserve ammo and such.

Sounds like you thought it was your typical triple A hand holder.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SovietsUnited

@thereal25

Sure I did... judging by my non-existant difficulty/ammo rant

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thereal25

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25

Sure I did... judging by my non-existant difficulty/ammo rant

Hm, well your criticisms just sound a bit biased to me. I've heard others say the that the story is good/decent if you pay attention and the gunplay satisfying.

Maybe you just wanted to race through the game in 4 or 5 hours... I don't know... but your review doesn't quite convince me somehow. No offence.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@SovietsUnited

Or one could play the slightly superior President Evil 5.... ;) with Co-Op !

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

good game iam on chapter 9 but ALLIEN isolation its better and more scary game

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

Glad to see someone enjoyed this game as much as I did,very underrated.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm enjoying evil within it's so scary I very rarely play horror games so this game is pretty intense and I love the graphics.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@SovietsUnited:

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

@thereal25 said:

@SovietsUnited said:

I have not played any of the resident evil games since 1 or 2 when I was younger I will try, but I disagree with your "utterly boring" comment/review. I bought this game for my fiancee, on black friday for 25. I jumped in on the hard parts, and ended up playing side by side, to even pushing her aside to beating it. This had a good story, gunplay, upgrades, and boss fights. I don't want to give away spoilers, but replay will be fun as well. Everyone has their right to their own opinions, but I disagree with your, and I've played 100s of games, this one is underrated because of people like you. This game is definitely recommendable, and it sounds a little more like you have a grudge, or some sort of biased opinion about this game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

I love these contrast. If anyone is on the shelf with this game the OP and your comment will leave them utterly confused.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19  Edited By CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

I thought it was a great game that had its faults but was never the less incredibly entertaining. Besides it's technical issues, I loved it. Was well worth picking up and playing. Definitely underrated in my books.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thereal25

Thats always the case isn't it.....

The horror games and movies you expose yourself to the harder it is to be scared.....

Hardly seems like a reliable criteria to judge a game by....

And with that said.... Needs more Co-Op.

I actually find the first Dead Space game to be very scary back in 2008. The second game wasn't really scary but it did had it's moments of jump scares and the combat was well done.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It's not very scary. Thought it was more in-line with RE4's "White-knuckle" action. I still enjoyed the hell out of it, though. Totally agree. It was flawed, but very good. Healing system was broken. My only real issue with it.... besides that it is just Re4 the 2014 edition. Thumbs up, though.