Ever have that feeling...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

What have I gotten myself into?

That sinking feeling when you first start something new when you realize that it's about to consume a healthy portion of your life.

A couple of my friends are really into the Civilization games. Whenever we go out to dinner it's inevitable that they'll start talking Civ, and their Steam profiles have an ungodly number of hours spent playing.

I had tried to get into the games before, but they just didn't click. I played through the tutorials and then just sort of fell off.

I just spent 13 hours straight playing Civ V: Brave New World. I know that I'm just getting started. Caesar's empire, with capitol Orgrimmar, great production city Strongbadia, port Rome and newly annexed Bonerville (recently Carthage). I'm still in my first post-tutorial game and there's no end in sight. This is spectacular.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

What have I gotten myself into?

That sinking feeling when you first start something new when you realize that it's about to consume a healthy portion of your life.

A couple of my friends are really into the Civilization games. Whenever we go out to dinner it's inevitable that they'll start talking Civ, and their Steam profiles have an ungodly number of hours spent playing.

I had tried to get into the games before, but they just didn't click. I played through the tutorials and then just sort of fell off.

I just spent 13 hours straight playing Civ V: Brave New World. I know that I'm just getting started. Caesar's empire, with capitol Orgrimmar, great production city Strongbadia, port Rome and newly annexed Bonerville (recently Carthage). I'm still in my first post-tutorial game and there's no end in sight. This is spectacular.

Big_Red_Button

Bonerville, kek. It's been hard for me to get enthralled in a game in the manner you described, but it's happened to me a few times over the past couple of years. The Witcher games, Xenoblade, TLoZ: Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime 1 are the ones that come to mind. Nothing since the start of the year, though.

On a side-note: I find it hard to play Civ V after playing games like Crusader Kings and the Total War series. It seems so.. simple :/. That didn't stop me from playing it for ~50h or so.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Yeah, all JRPGs.
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

The fallout games and Mass effect games. Hours can pass by and it feels like I was only playing for 10 minutes.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#5 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Guns of the Patriots. It took me several months to get prepared for the experience. MG games are not, pick up play a few quick moments, titles and I just couldn't get myself ready for several hours worth of immersion. Once I did, oh boy. Love that game. Not as much as Subsistence or MGS, but it holds it's own.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The fallout games and Mass effect games. Hours can pass by and it feels like I was only playing for 10 minutes.

marcheegsr

I've had that feeling lol.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I've got this undeniable feeling that, that's exactly whats going to happen with GTA V for me. My best one was definitely Oblivion though, my first ever open world RPG and Elder Scrolls game, that combined with lots of free time resulted in me thinking "oh boy..." as I finally escaped from the sewers and looked at the huge map waiting to be explored.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#8 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Yeah, all JRPGs.Pvt_r3d

Same here :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Mass Effect trilogy, Dragon Age: Origins, Forza 4 and FFX are games i can just play for hours
Ficcolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ficcolo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 3
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No. I'm happy when I find a game I enjoy so much I want to play it a ton. But I never blow anything off to play it instead.