ever been happy when a game does poorly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Im not speaking from a fanboys perspective, like ppl who hoped halo3 would flop, or those who jumped all over lair when it did. But this november has been hectic for all gamers. and i've been somewhat happy with games that'd have been hyped to be good, and turn out less then stellar.

Such as manhunt 2, kane & lynch, jericho. and timeshift. by these games not being absolutely "must-own" has really helped out my wallet, and allow me to buy the absolute best like cod4, ratchet and clank, AC, OB, and crysis, with UT3, haze, and uncharted to come.

So ever been happy with a game not living up to its potential?

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
I was happy when 50 Cent: Bulletproof got terrible scores because he kept going on about his video game would be the next thing since GTA basically.
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts
I was happy to Manhunt 2 bomb. No, I don't believe being uncensored would have changed that much either. It would have been a lightning rod for political types and, in all honesty, really doesn't provide much in the way of anything other than its gore factor. It's the videogame equivalent of a B-movie splatterfest.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i was just about to mention a lil story of a certain someone i used to go to school with, he acted as if sony was a religion and the PS3 was god...and how he claimed that lair was gonna make the PS3 leap in sales......i figure you will know how this story ends lol!
erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts
I don't think I've ever been happy about a game doing poorly, but I was really happy to see the Playstation's stranglehold on the industry released. They had become far too arrogant and were trying to take the industry in a direction I didnt agree with.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
Yup...I´m somehow always happy if someone falls on the face because they´ve been to arrogant.I don´t care too much about the reviews because some games are more then obvious not worth it´s rankings.It usually takes some time,but after all most not-fanboys are throwing the game in the corner and are angry that they got fooled again (SM Sunshine,for exampe and Zelda WW is a real record holder in this section).
Chinaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Chinaman18
Member since 2003 • 591 Posts
Yeah I do that... like right now since ign gave assassin's creed 7.7 i don't think i should get it anymore because I just got mario and picking up crysis tomorrow but then again gamespot gave it 9.0 so i guess you could say im in quite the pickle.. =S
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Not if it's a game I want! :P

But I think it's just in our nature to get a burst of evil happiness when a over-hyped game falls flat on its face, especially when the developer(s) are touting their own horn and claiming it's the best game ever!

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts
Well alot of the recent shooters are lika that for me. I want devs to understand that even if they have to sell alot to earn money on 360/PS3 games doesn't mean that it will pay off if they play it safe, and make a shooter.